Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed to be

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed to be 

Post#41 » by Green Backpack » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 am

Mullens went straight to the locker room after the game and logged on to RealGM apparently
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,216

Post#42 » by amcoolio » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 am

Mullens has been improving over the season. Hes shooting 46% for February I believe. But this overexposure on the gen board is only going to create hate. You know how Realgm'ers are with FG%
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#43 » by StatLine » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 am

I don't like his game
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#44 » by Green Backpack » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 am

amcoolio wrote:Mullens has been improving over the season. Hes shooting 46% for February I believe. But this overexposure on the gen board is only going to create hate. You know how Realgm'ers are with FG%

...http://stats.nba.com/leagueTeamGeneral. ... tOrder=DES

Sorry, I had to :lol:
BobbySura
Bench Warmer
And1: 333

Post#45 » by BobbySura » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 am

he didn't fit on this thunder team

if he doesn't change his game he'll never become a really great player

he'll always find a contract though, as long as his body and his will to play holds up.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#46 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 am

amcoolio wrote:Mullens has been improving over the season. Hes shooting 46% for February I believe. But this overexposure on the gen board is only going to create hate. You know how Realgm'ers are with FG%

You do realize for a 7 foot big man, 46% is a pathetic percentage? You think that we shouldn't knock a bigmen for shooting so poorly? It is unjustified that we rag on DeMarcus Cousins for finishing softer than 5'9 Isiah Thomas? It is wrong that we bash Roy Hibbert for such a pathetic percentage after he got paid and after an allstar season?
amcoolio

Post#47 » by amcoolio » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 am

Blame Rasho wrote:

You do realize for a 7 foot big man, 46% is a pathetic percentage? You think that we shouldn't knock a bigmen for shooting so poorly? It is unjustified that we rag on DeMarcus Cousins for finishing softer than 5'9 Isiah Thomas? It is wrong that we bash Roy Hibbert for such a pathetic percentage after he got paid and after an allstar season?

What does height have to do with someone who plays more like a SF than a PF or C? Its not like hes Tyson Chandler, never moving 2 feet away from the rim. He spends the majority of his time away from the basket which allows Kemba/the guards to drive to the rim
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,859

Post#48 » by Spicy P » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 am

Right, because FG% means nothing in the NBA. Bobcats are last in the league in FG% and have the worst record in the league. See the correlation?
amcoolio

Post#49 » by amcoolio » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:06 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:

Right, because FG% means nothing in the NBA. Bobcats are last in the league in FG% and have the worst record in the league. See the correlation?

They aren't that far off from the Pacers FG% wise, who are leagues better than the Raptors, so whats your point?
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,859

Post#50 » by Spicy P » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 am

amcoolio wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:

They aren't that far off from the Pacers FG% wise, who are leagues better than the Raptors, so whats your point?

Pacers play defense?
blizz
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#51 » by blizz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 am

Byron Mullens: What no team would ever want their center to look like.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#52 » by boogie-reke » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 am

What's his + - ?
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#53 » by Eoghan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 am

Bobcats are coached by Mke "Tankmaster" Dunlap, all stats are irrelevant.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,623

Post#54 » by Roger Murdock » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 am

The Raptors drafted Bargnani first overall just praying he could be a 13 PER big who averaged 12 points a game and shot 40% from the floor.
misterglover
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#55 » by misterglover » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:

That's just stupid...bobcats are the worst in the league cuz we have the least amount of talent. And we aren't talking about a team we are talking about an individual player. Like my boy Greg Anthony just said on NBA tv you can't just look at stats and not watch the game because there is so much more the kid does that impacts a game. There are tons of times when a star player shots like 7 for 21 and his team still wins the game because he's making the right plays at the right time or he has capable teammates that pick up his slack, or he gets to the free throw line. Mullens has to work on shot selection and getting easy pts at the line and the cats have to put more talent on the floor but because his FG% doesn't meet your standards to call him garbage is asinine.
D-BE-LAW
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#56 » by D-BE-LAW » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:28 am

mullens is a scrub
Ziggy Stardust
Banned User
And1: 96

Post#57 » by Ziggy Stardust » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:41 am

Mullens comes from a long line of OSU centers who have dick picks on the internet. He has carried on the legacy in this way at least.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,043

Post#58 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 am

Lol. Raptors fans get so irritable and defensive.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#59 » by HornetJail » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:28 am

OP: Mullens has been solid for us as of late, but he is so damn inconsistent in every facet of his game. He can be scorching hot one half and then be a negative factor the second. Until he gets his **** together and strings together a ton of good, efficient basketball, we can't call him anything more than "good". If you watched the 1st half of today's game, you apparently saw the good Mullens, but if you watched the second half, you saw what every Raptor fan says about Bargnani as of late. He was pure garbage in the second half.

I am huge on Mullens and I really think he can be really good if he gets his game under control, stops jacking up so many bad shots, and tightens up his defense on a consistent basis. He makes the good shots he takes and is rebounding tremendously as of late, but will remain mediocre until his defense is consistent and he shoots efficiently.

Please stop making Mullens threads here every other time he has a good game.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#60 » by sca » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 am

The OP should really change his name to "Mullenslovinliberal"
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina