ImageImage

Gortat to OKC for Perk+JLamb+1st Rumor

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Re: Gortat to OKC for Perk+JLamb+1st Rumor 

Post#41 » by Godgers » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:16 pm

OKC will never win a championship. They blew a few titles when they traded Harden away.

I still want Lamb so bad. Still mad about the Bucks trading back and missing out on Lamb.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#42 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 pm

I think its more likely Liggins or PJIII takes that role. Especially given the love Brooks has for Liggins. OKC is going to have a tough time replacing Thabo and Collison in a few years as they are making peanuts.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,718

Post#43 » by Ayt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:54 pm

PJIII can't even dominate in college or the D-League. I don't see him having much of a future.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#44 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Ayt wrote:PJIII can't even dominate in college or the D-League. I don't see him having much of a future.

And yet between he and Lamb, its PJIII that gets the garbage time and Lamb goes to play in the NBDL.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#45 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:01 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:If we jump in and offer either Daly/2nd or Udoh/Dunleavy/2nd for Perk/Lamb/1st and get the thunder to agree I'm ecstatic no matter what else happens the rest of the deadline. I don't even care if we trade for Smith and Redick after, in fact if we did I'd be perfectly fine because we'd have a crappier first to send out for Redick and we could keep ours...

Do you think either of those packages, the ones with guys who play sparingly or not at all, are better than a 15/10 player on a team friendly deal? They aren't even close.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#46 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:If we jump in and offer either Daly/2nd or Udoh/Dunleavy/2nd for Perk/Lamb/1st and get the thunder to agree I'm ecstatic no matter what else happens the rest of the deadline. I don't even care if we trade for Smith and Redick after, in fact if we did I'd be perfectly fine because we'd have a crappier first to send out for Redick and we could keep ours...

Do you think either of those packages, the ones with guys who play sparingly or not at all, are better than a 15/10 player on a team friendly deal? They aren't even close.

Dalembert has avg close to that as a starter when Sanders was out and gets paid the same. Anyway the Suns turned down the deal, so maybe OKC is still looking to dump Perkins salary.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#47 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:

No. But the suns apparently turned down the offer. If we give them expirings for Perkins with a big man included who knows, that might be enough to get them to say yes. Don't underestimate how much of a burden Perkins contract is to the Thunder...
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#48 » by Siefer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm

I'd give up quite a bit to get Bledsoe. A young core of Bledsoe/Harris/Henson/Sanders would be pretty damn exciting.

Hell, as long as I'm dreaming...

Bledsoe/Gordon/Harris/Henson/Sanders :droop:
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#49 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Siefer wrote:I'd give up quite a bit to get Bledsoe. A young core of Bledsoe/Harris/Henson/Sanders would be pretty damn exciting.

Yes please
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#50 » by emunney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:36 pm

I don't see where there's a strong argument that Gortat is significantly better than Perkins or Dalembert.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#51 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:36 pm

I'd give up quite a bit to get Lamb. Like Dally, Luc and a first for Lamb/Perkins. I'd throw in Udoh or MDJ for Maynor if they wanted too.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#52 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 pm

Siefer wrote:I'd give up quite a bit to get Bledsoe. A young core of Bledsoe/Harris/Henson/Sanders would be pretty damn exciting.

Bledsoe/JLamb/Harris/Henson/Sanders 8-)
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#53 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

emunney wrote:I don't see where there's a strong argument that Gortat is significantly better than Perkins or Dalembert.

No wonder everyone thinks Hammond and all our coaches are bums. All our scrubs making arsurd amounts of money are equivalent to borderline all-stars on team friendly deals. I mean lets just trade Toby and Mbah for Durant and Monta and Pryz for LeBron. We would have one helluva team.
Styrian
Junior
And1: 169

Post#54 » by Styrian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Ilyasova and Dunleavy for Martin, PJIII and Toronto first round pick.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#55 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:07 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
emunney wrote:I don't see where there's a strong argument that Gortat is significantly better than Perkins or Dalembert.

No wonder everyone thinks Hammond and all our coaches are bums. All our scrubs making arsurd amounts of money are equivalent to borderline all-stars on team friendly deals. I mean lets just trade Toby and Mbah for Durant and Monta and Pryz for LeBron. We would have one helluva team.

Why are u being a d*ck? And u never responded to my post. U do at least understand that a Perkins/Lamb trade is much more about unloading Perkins to clear his contract than to get back a huge upgrade at center right?
emunney
RealGM

Post#56 » by emunney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:11 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:

Lol at Gortat being any kind of all-star. He had a career box score year playing with Steve Nash. Hooray. He's borderline Jamaal Magloire.

I love how all these teams who are far worse than us are somehow full of players who are far better than ours.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#57 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Expiring contract guys for Perkins and J Lamb would be on the top of my list of moves to make. Perkins becomes our backup center, Lamb is our first guard off the bench, and then our start next year when Ellis inevitable moves on to wherever the money is for him.

Jennings, J Lamb, Tobias, Ersan, Sanders is respectable, and Perkins gives you muscle and attitude off the bench. I understand we could have just drafted Lamb without taking on Perkins' salary, I get that. But Perkins is an albatross contract on the Thunder (what? even Presti makes mistakes?) but not a horrible player.

I would feel better about this move than any other we have talked about.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#58 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:

No. But the suns apparently turned down the offer. If we give them expirings for Perkins with a big man included who knows, that might be enough to get them to say yes. Don't underestimate how much of a burden Perkins contract is to the Thunder...

I completely agree that for the Thunder it is about dumping Perk and his salary. It gets them out of a punitive tax situation and all of a sudden they get an asset for someone that a lot of folks expect to get amnestied.

The Suns, correctly, likely turned down the deal. But if you look back at the first few pages people here thought that the Suns package was a poor one to get Perk, Lamb, and their #1 (likely ~29th) and that Hammond could easily put together a much better package around... Dally? So yes, if you think I was being a dick to anyone that felt that Dally was >>>> Gortat I guess I kind of was.

I don't get why people are begging for Monta to opt out at the end of the year but think that some other team is going to pay through the nose to get him. It just doesn't work that way. I think the board at large overestimates ALL our assets; and not by a small amount.
emunney
RealGM

Post#59 » by emunney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Exactly nobody said Dally >>> Gortat. But unlike Gortat, Dally expires this year, which should be important to them if the plan on adding anybody, or keeping Martin, while staying under the luxury tax they traded James Harden to avoid.

As far as the Monta thing, it's not really that far fetched to think that we could have a different opinion about a player than an NBA decision maker does, is it?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#60 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 pm

DocHoliday wrote:We have the assets to go get JLamb and probably Bledsoe if we had the damn sense to try. It's frustrating to watch this FO chase $10million dollar (lol) Redick and Max JSmith. Hell Houston is even floating TJones for a 1st. I bet we could trade them Moute for him straight up. We would still have enough veteran leadership on the team to get the precious 8th seed.

Nailed it right here. QFT dude.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks