Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready to go"

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready to go" 

Post#61 » by panthermark » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:18 pm

I won't get my hopes up until I see him in the line-up...and I will be on pins and needles everytime he jumps or lands or changes direction.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#62 » by panthermark » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:20 pm

dreamchaser wrote:[damn i wish they had a gif for this :(...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ido_0vyiYtc[/youtube]

I just noticed that ALL 5 Heat players were there. The Bulls really need a 2nd option to step-up....
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#63 » by CousinOfDeath » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:38 pm

panthermark wrote:I won't get my hopes up until I see him in the line-up...and I will be on pins and needles everytime he jumps or lands or changes direction.

Yeah, I'm obviously excited to get him back but watching him run and jump and cut is gonna be so stressful.
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#64 » by mj234eva » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 pm

^Lebron traveled too on that jump shot.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#65 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm a huge Rose fan, and as much as I want to see him get back on the court this season I just don't see it happening. He said 110% and he meant it. His game is too dependent on athleticism, and until he feels like he can accomplish certain things he isn't going to make a haste decision to return prematurely. A full training camp next year can go a long way for him.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#66 » by cool007 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 pm

I am hoping for a D-Rose return next week on Feb-28th vs Philly team on TNT - National TV. The same team that he was injured against last year.

That would be EPIC.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#67 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 am

NYK_89 wrote:
pylb wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:I think this Bulls team is very deceiving, as in people think they are far better then they are.
They are good without rose, but hardly a playoff threat. They lost to Philadelphia ffs the 8th seed and are a worse team now, I'm sorry i get rose got Hurt etc but come on they are terrible no excuse for losing to Philadelphia.

They were also without Noah and Deng was playing with a bad wrist.
That's not to say the Bulls without Rose are championship contenders, I feel they are 1st or 2nd round exits, but they weren't missing only one player.

Truth i forgot about that.. Not that judging the team without him is fair because any discussion of them leaving the east obviously centers around him being back and playing well... But anyways i think the point still stands Bulls with Rose are a clear tier down from the championship contenders and they have shown nothing in the playoffs to make me think they are some team of warriors that will gut a championship out, they have yet to even challenge a superior team in the playoffs and have played down to a certain degree to their competition.

Hate to rag on Chicago in particular but its like the Bears fans when they "Made the NFC CG" when in reality they beat the 7-9 seahawks who were on the road (2-6 road record)... Yeah you made it but if you had not it would have been an extremely embarrassing ordeal.

Please spare us the remedial analysis. You want bash the Bears and Bulls playoff opponents, but they had a first round bye and the bulls were first seed. You need to learn the sport better if you wanted the to be playing the 2 seed or something in round one.

The Bulls can compete for the east vs miami as good or better than any of the perceived contenders.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#68 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 am

NYK_89 wrote:
Sebastian wrote:The East is so weak that the Bulls -- even with a less than 100% Rose -- are one Miami injury away from the Finals.

But that's not even what's most important; the focus should be on getting him on the court so he can shake off the rust and clear the mental hurdles this year, not in November.

Hmm... MAYBE a Lebron injury but i still see the Heat beating them regardless of injury. Also the Knicks and Pacers IMO are just as good as them, not to mention the the winner of the west would need a serious injury as well for them to actually win it, and this all assumes a full strength Rose.

I think this Bulls team is very deceiving, as in people think they are far better then they are.
They are good without rose, but hardly a playoff threat. They lost to Philadelphia ffs the 8th seed and are a worse team now, I'm sorry i get rose got Hurt etc but come on they are terrible no excuse for losing to Philadelphia.

Flash back 2 years when they were at their best (IMO)...They played weirdly close to a ass-tastic Pacers team then went to 6 again against a incredibly weak Atlanta team (for the second round team) and then got crushed by the Heat, people see eastern conference finals and say wow nice team but why the hell are we giving out kudos for beating a bad bad 8th seed and then the Hawks who were by far the worst 2nd round team that year. Rose, hardly facing top defenders shot under 400 for the playoffs and took 23.5 shots for his 27 points with almost 4 turnovers a game, he also had 6 games that post season where he took more shots then points he got without including things like 12-32 for 34 points 4-18 for 23 points 8-19 for 20 points... Bulls are a great regular season team but they play hard every game, defend well, and are a great rebounding team. Those might be the 3 biggest keys to success in the regular season.

Are u kidding me? A Rose led team losing to a lebronless heat? C'mon. We're all trying to have a sensible discussion here, please try joining us.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#69 » by kodo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:56 am

NYK_89 wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Flash back 2 years when they were at their best (IMO)...They played weirdly close to a ass-tastic Pacers team ... people see eastern conference finals and say wow nice team but why the hell are we giving out kudos for beating a bad bad 8th seed

If you're a Bulls hater that's fine, but that "ass-tastic" Pacers team is 3rd in the EC and the league's #1 defense. They played a strong series, they're not a garbage team, Paul George was showing flashes of being a great 2-way player even back then.

Don't resort to minimizing the Bulls play by irrationally slamming Bull's opponents who are actually good teams.
LoveDaBoo
RealGM
And1: 1,961

Post#70 » by LoveDaBoo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:16 am

NYK_89 wrote:Flash back 2 years when they were at their best (IMO)...They played weirdly close to a ass-tastic Pacers team then went to 6 again against a incredibly weak Atlanta team (for the second round team) and then got crushed by the Heat, people see eastern conference finals and say wow nice team but why the hell are we giving out kudos for beating a bad bad 8th seed and then the Hawks who were by far the worst 2nd round team that year.

This is simply revisionist history. You say they played "weirdly close" to an "ass-tastic" Pacers team, yet you also say they got crushed by the Heat. Both series were 4-1. The Bulls blew the Heat out in the first game, and the rest of the games were very close.

LeBron was just too much in the closing moments. Hardly surprising, seeing as how he's LeBron. Had he performed in that series the way he performed against the Mavs, the Bulls would have been in the Finals instead.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#71 » by JordansBulls » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:06 am

cool007 wrote:I am hoping for a D-Rose return next week on Feb-28th vs Philly team on TNT - National TV. The same team that he was injured against last year.

That would be EPIC.

Well I was hoping the Miami game tomorrow he would come back. That was my prediction game.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#72 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:41 am

If anyone should know how hard it is to win in playoffs it should be NYK_89.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Post#73 » by NYK_89 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:08 am

bearadonisdna wrote:If anyone should know how hard it is to win in playoffs it should be NYK_89.

:roll: What a stupid comment.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#74 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:24 am

NYK_89 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:If anyone should know how hard it is to win in playoffs it should be NYK_89.

:roll: What a stupid comment.

The feeling is mutual with how u littered this thread.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by NYK_89 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:30 am

LoveDaBoo wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:Flash back 2 years when they were at their best (IMO)...They played weirdly close to a ass-tastic Pacers team then went to 6 again against a incredibly weak Atlanta team (for the second round team) and then got crushed by the Heat, people see eastern conference finals and say wow nice team but why the hell are we giving out kudos for beating a bad bad 8th seed and then the Hawks who were by far the worst 2nd round team that year.

This is simply revisionist history. You say they played "weirdly close" to an "ass-tastic" Pacers team, yet you also say they got crushed by the Heat. Both series were 4-1. The Bulls blew the Heat out in the first game, and the rest of the games were very close.

LeBron was just too much in the closing moments. Hardly surprising, seeing as how he's LeBron. Had he performed in that series the way he performed against the Mavs, the Bulls would have been in the Finals instead.

Hmm.. Not sure what you are getting at, perhaps you do not remember the series? The pacers were a terrible playoff team that year, by far the worst of the 16 team pool. You put on a 4th quarter comeback to win by 5 in game 1 (featuring a 21 FT Rose game) Korver hit a 3 with 50 sec left to break a tie, again in game 2 you went into the 4th tied and won a sloppy game, game 3 you won on a Rose layup with 17 seconds to go with the free throw game pulling it to 4 points, granger missed what would have been a buzzer beater for the win. You then proceeded to lose game 4 then win game 5 convincingly. Dunno what you are looking at but that is the definition of weirdly close considering that Indiana was an 8th seed that was 8 games under 500 while you won 62 games, they were a clutch shot away a game from being up 3-1 maybe 4-0. Bulls were winning that series either way because as i said before they won 37 games that season but still there is absolutly nothing you can look at in that series as a bulls fan and be like yeah we did that well or yeah that was encouraging.

Whats different with that and the Heat? Well for one the heat won games 2-5 by margins of 10, 9, 8 and 3, second this isn't the first round of the playoffs where a sweep for the 1 seed is expected especially by a team that won 25 more games that season thus a 4-1 series constitutes a beatdown. The Pacers series should have resembled the Utah Spurs series of last year not an absolute battle.

All I am saying here is the Bulls team as they are minus some key assets and with a MVP rose not a gimped rose looked pretty damn unimpressive in those playoffs. I think Boston beats them that year honestly, they struggled about as much as is possible vs the Pacers, Let the 44 win Hawks take them to 6 and then got smashed by Miami.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#76 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:39 am

Good God just shut up. The Pacers finished the season on fire that year after Frank Vogel took over. They were and are a good team. The Heat-Bulls series was very close in every game except for game 1 in which the Bulls won.

Game 1 was a blow out Bulls win
Game 2 it was a 3 point game with 2 miuntes to go
Game 3 the Heat had a 7 point lead with 3 minutes to go
Game 4 went into Overtime.
Game 5 LeBron and Wade closed a 10 point lead to win the game by 3

Every game was close except for game 1, which was a Bulls win. Stop crying.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by NYK_89 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:41 am

kodo wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Flash back 2 years when they were at their best (IMO)...They played weirdly close to a ass-tastic Pacers team ... people see eastern conference finals and say wow nice team but why the hell are we giving out kudos for beating a bad bad 8th seed

If you're a Bulls hater that's fine, but that "ass-tastic" Pacers team is 3rd in the EC and the league's #1 defense. They played a strong series, they're not a garbage team, Paul George was showing flashes of being a great 2-way player even back then.

Don't resort to minimizing the Bulls play by irrationally slamming Bull's opponents who are actually good teams.

37-45 as a playoff team, welcome to reality guys. On what planet is that not a "ass-tastic" playoff team. How you think that their development 2 years later affects that is odd. You mention their #1 defense but ignore that they gave up over 100 ppg that year.

Look im not some **** bulls hater, just stating that they looked very bad in those playoffs despite making it to the ECF. The pacers series featured way too many close games and the Hawks series was too close as well, they went from a well oiled machine in the RS to a team that looked lost and basically won the first two rounds because they were vastly superior teams. This is relevant because they do not have a better team this year and there is no point to bring rose back not 100%+ because there is virtually no chance at a championship.

As to the guy who says it is a joke to say that Heat without Lebron could beat the Bulls i dunno what to tell you. They still have a very solid team and Wade would be the best player on the floor.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by NYK_89 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Good God just shut up. The Pacers finished the season on fire that year after Frank Vogel took over. They were and are a good team. The Heat-Bulls series was very close in every game except for game 1 in which the Bulls won.

4-1 is not close, dunno what to tell you. Where you got in in your head that i said the games wern't close i don't even know but ****.. Don't get so **** butt hurt. Yeah the games were close but 4-1 is just not for a ECF

Also on fire????????? 20-18 yeah he sure tore the league up, Knicks were like 20-7 under Woodson look what the Heat did to them series was never even close last year.

So defensive over me saying you aren't legit championship threat and that the run to the ECF was not all that impressive. Go back and look at the quotes in the Recaps its all Rose saying **** like man we have to play better then this a win is a win though etc.
jaze89
Banned User
And1: 59

Post#79 » by jaze89 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:51 am

NYK_89 wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Good God just shut up. The Pacers finished the season on fire that year after Frank Vogel took over. They were and are a good team. The Heat-Bulls series was very close in every game except for game 1 in which the Bulls won.

4-1 is not close, dunno what to tell you where you got in in your head that i said the games wern't close i don't even know but ****.. Don't get so **** butt hurt. Yeah the games were close but 4-1 is just not for a ECF

Also on fire????????? 20-18 yeah he sure tore the league up, Knicks were like 20-7 underwoodson look what the Heat did to them series was never even close last year.

If that's the case why the hell are you arguing? Losing a series 4-1 against the Heat = not close, Winning a series 4-1 against the Pacers = close series, wtf?

Also what was weak about the Hawks? Horford, Smith, JoeJohn, Jamal Crawford, with Jeff Teague breaking out and becoming a solid starter. Weren't they a 2nd round playoff team the previous 2-3 years? This was the first time Chicago had gotten to the ECF.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#80 » by mj234eva » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:54 am

What topic is this? Could have sworn this was about Rose and how he looks in practice.

Not about some series 2 seasons ago.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.

Return to The General Board