ImageImageImageImageImage

Old article on Coach Woody from ATL

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: Old article on Coach Woody from ATL 

Post#21 » by KingzAndQueenz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
Woodson said considering lineup change, wouldn't commit to what it would be.

I love how Woodson is still playing games and **** when his team is in the goddamn gutter. Dude thinks he still has **** under control.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#22 » by Sark » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 pm

KingzAndQueenz wrote:Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
Woodson said considering lineup change, wouldn't commit to what it would be.

I love how Woodson is still playing games and **** when his team is in the goddamn gutter. Dude thinks he still has **** under control.

He's gonna shuffle White and Brewer at the 3 again. That'll be his change.
KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#23 » by KingzAndQueenz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Doc Rivers screams at his team, they go on to win like 7 straight. Mike Woodson probably screamed at Copeland only, thus a pathetic loss last night.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#24 » by SuperflyKnick » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:40 pm

You have to admit woodson is prob concerned about his job security rather then the team cuz he does nothing to improve it... He has proven again and again he is a medicore coach who does not play anyone but his favorites. I bet if we somehow aquired James Harden he wud bring him off the bench for Kidd
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#25 » by KnicksScholar24 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
JoseChinga wrote:Knicks were a better team when Kidd was making shots.

fixed

fixed again.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#26 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 pm

DE FENSE wrote:Woodson needs to expand his rotation like it was at the start of the season. There's no reason why Brewer and White can't get any burn most games. Might as well run KT into the ground too since we are so thin up front. All eyes are on Woodson and he must make adjustments or this season will become lost very quickly.

Woodson does not adjust. His solution to a team losing, rather than bringing in fresh legs, play his fav 5 more minutes.

My fav example is last season vs the Heat in the playoffs, I think it was game 3, we were down by 6, and it was time to take Melo out. Melo was carrying the team on offense, but he was working like a mad man for every shot. Post, repost, battling to get open, all that. LeBron went out, who Melo was guarding, and was replaced by either Battier or Haslem. Melo's efficiency continued to dip, and finally as the 4th quarter rolled around, LeBron was brought back into the game (we were down by like 10) and Melo looked like he could barely walk.

I know what Woodson was thinking: LeBron is out, Melo can score more easily, we also need him for points since I don't trust my bench.

What was more indicative of that thought process was after the game Woodson mentioned "Melo has to work on his conditioning"
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
No35
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#27 » by No35 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 pm

This ISH
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.1271375

Two nights after an embarrassing 34-point loss at Indiana, the Knicks’ problem Friday night wasn’t effort but execution, especially in the final minute. The Knicks missed three of their last four shots and Tyson Chandler bricked a critical free throw with 21.4 seconds left. But Woodson was more annoyed that Anthony, the team’s best player, wasn’t selfish enough on two crucial possessions in the last 54 seconds.

With the score tied, the Raptors were caught in a mismatch with undersized point guard Kyle Lowry defending Anthony in the post. But with Toronto in the penalty and the ball in his hands, Anthony passed to Raymond Felton, who misfired on a 3-pointer. Granted, Felton was left alone but he had missed his two previous shots.

“I should have taken advantage of Lowry being up there,” said Anthony, who suffered a calf injury in the third quarter but still played 42 minutes. “I should have drove to the basket and tried to create something else. It’s bad execution on my behalf.”

Woody plays the guy 42 minutes, gets him injured, and proceeds to blame him for not being aggressive enough. You think getting beat up inside the whole game had nothing to do with that?

Watch Melo play 45 minutes next time.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#28 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Well he is our best closer, Melo is right...... launching up all those threes wasn't the best move.

When you got a little guy on you, you take him, settling for the three was not the best move.

He already admitted in the presser they didn't run their plays down the stretch and could have.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
No35
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#29 » by No35 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Well he is our best closer, Melo is right...... launching up all those threes wasn't the best move.

When you got a little guy on you, you take him, settling for the three was not the best move.

He already admitted in the presser they didn't run their plays down the stretch and could have.

You really don't think that getting beat up inside the whole game didn't **** with the guy's head?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#30 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:34 pm

He's taken over 40 threes in the last five games and has only hit ten.....1-8 last night.

He aint in the paint that much.

When the player admits things should have been done differently and the coach says players are three ball happy, what is the issue, other than it's allowed.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks