ImageImage

What happens to our starting lineup with Redick?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ttime1
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: What happens to our starting lineup with Redick? 

Post#121 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:53 pm

I agree 100% with you that Bonner is not as talented; but he will get minutes in the play-offs and and in a few games he may get significant minutes. Which, should be Ersan's role...getting significant minutes with a TRUE PF.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#122 » by jtrinaldi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Monta should only be allowed to drive to the rim, and nothing else
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,832

Post#123 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:54 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:great assessment. we need to avoid miami. if we get on a roll, which we all should be rooting FOR that to happen... we could legitimately face miami in the ecf. there isnt any other team in the east that isnt beatable by a bucks team thats playing well.

Woah Buddy. Both u and CHL need to chop that sh*t up and start selling what you're hogging between yourselves and get rich and just buy the Buck from Kohl in cash. There is NO WAY that we would beat the Bulls even without Rose in a playoff series even if we had gotten Josh Smith at the Deadline. Same goes for the Knicks and Pacers as well. U guys do realize that good teams that may think they can take it easy against us in the regular season will play hard against us from start to finish in a playoff game and will stomp the living sh*t out of us right??? Holy crap thats some dilusional BS if I've ever seen some smh...

Good teams are taking it easy on the Bucks? Really? That's your argument? Nobody in the East is resting for the postseason except Miami, Derrick Rose (who might not be back), and possibly Boston - although it's hard to know for sure whether they're resting or just too old to be consistently good. That's a ridiculous argument. If you think any of those other teams are juggernauts that are so good that they've decided to take nights off against a .500 team like the Bucks who could still pass them in the standings for homecourt advantage, you're probably not even worth responding to. And yet here I am. Go figure.

Nobody is saying the Bucks are better than those teams. But those teams aren't that much better than the Bucks. It's very possible that the Bucks could be better than several of them by the end of the regular season, especially after getting exactly the type of player they desperately needed at the trade deadline. This doesn't just add Redick, it also makes Ellis and Jennings better by opening up driving lanes. The whole will be closer to the sum of the parts - it was clearly much worse than the sum of the parts for most of the season.

And you include the Knicks and Pacers as "good" teams? Teams with an average scoring margin under +4 in an incredibly weak conference are considered good enough to stomp any mediocre team whenever they have a mind to? You obviously don't understand basketball at all. It's true that a 7-game series is usually long enough for the better team to prove itself, but it's far from a given when the advantage is as marginal as it would be for the Knicks, Nets, Granger-less Pacers, or Rose-less Bulls against the improved Bucks.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
ttime1
Banned User

Post#124 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ttime1 wrote:It's simple. He is better than what you had. Moreover, talent improves with better talent AND leadership to play with.

Really? You want to bring injuries into play, sure. But Bogut was one of the best defenders in league, Monta is an inefficient 20 points. You want to talk about talent, I'd say Bogut was a much more talented player.

Bogut played 1/2 of a season as one of the better defenders. Much too often no named centers would have him for lunch. Even the Buck's current center Dalabert (sp?)who comes off the bench now treated Bogut like a career night. If you consider that as one of the most talented, then so be it. But there is a reason why Bogut has been called Bogus in many circles outside of Wisconsin.

But I tell you what. Put a poll on the general board asking which of the two have had the most successful careers. But don't tire yourself running from neighbors to neighbor's houses casting votes as your efforts won't make much of a dent. Good exercise though. lol
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#125 » by Bfinkish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:00 pm

ampd wrote:
Ayt wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Ever hear of red hot? ;)

See:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd4NPvzKQg[/youtube]

If you think Jim and Jon are bad...

ik know right?! these two are terrible.
God is good.
TheDIsSilent
Banned User

Post#126 » by TheDIsSilent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:00 pm

ttime1 wrote:
TheDIsSilent wrote:We all know what should happen and what will happen. Reddick should start but Monta will start. We're trying to make the playoffs and we're not going to go screwing with guys ego's or money. Bring Monta as a 6th man on this team and he's going to tear this team apart, that move alone will cost him a couple million dollars in his next contract.

There is nothing is Redick's resume to suggest this and the only reason why he SHOULD start over Monta is to please biased fans. I get that. But what I don't get is where YOU come across defaming the man's character. THIS is the reason why MILWAUKEE will NEVER attract legitimate talent.

I, unlike many here, like Monta Ellis and want him on this team. I think Monta Ellis > JJ Reddick. I also thought James Harden > Thabo Sefolosha, Manu Ginobili > Danny Green, etc (before ppl jump on me Harden, Ginobili >> Ellis). Regardless, I think anytime that the Bucks put 2 shooters on the floor together, it's going to create great opportunities for Brandon and Monta to penetrate and score or dish. We could start Monta or Jennings in fact and I think it'd be smarter than starting Monta and Jennings. Who knows, maybe this will propel Dunleavy into the starting line-up which might accomplish the same thing.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#127 » by whatthe_buck!? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:03 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:great assessment. we need to avoid miami. if we get on a roll, which we all should be rooting FOR that to happen... we could legitimately face miami in the ecf. there isnt any other team in the east that isnt beatable by a bucks team thats playing well.

Woah Buddy. Both u and CHL need to chop that sh*t up and start selling what you're hogging between yourselves and get rich and just buy the Buck from Kohl in cash. There is NO WAY that we would beat the Bulls even without Rose in a playoff series even if we had gotten Josh Smith at the Deadline. Same goes for the Knicks and Pacers as well. U guys do realize that good teams that may think they can take it easy against us in the regular season will play hard against us from start to finish in a playoff game and will stomp the living sh*t out of us right??? Holy crap thats some dilusional BS if I've ever seen some smh...

Good teams are taking it easy on the Bucks? Really? That's your argument? Nobody in the East is resting for the postseason except Miami, Derrick Rose (who might not be back), and possibly Boston - although it's hard to know for sure whether they're resting or just too old to be consistently good. That's a ridiculous argument. If you think any of those other teams are juggernauts that are so good that they can afford to take nights off against a .500 team like the Bucks who could still pass them in the standings for homecourt advantage, you're probably not even worth responding to. And yet here I am. Go figure.

Nobody is saying the Bucks are better than those teams. But those teams aren't that much better than the Bucks. It's very possible that the Bucks could be better than several of them by the end of the regular season, especially after getting exactly the type of player they desperately needed at the trade deadline. This doesn't just add Redick, it also makes Ellis and Jennings better by opening up driving lanes. The whole will be closer to the sum of the parts - it was clearly much worse than the sum of the parts for most of the season.

And you include the Knicks and Pacers as "good" teams? Teams with an average scoring margin under +4 in an incredibly weak conference are considered good enough to stomp any mediocre team whenever they have a mind to? You obviously don't understand basketball at all. It's true that a 7-game series is usually long enough for the better team to prove itself, but it's far from a given when the advantage is as marginal as it would be for the Knicks, Nets, Granger-less Pacers, or Rose-less Bulls against the improved Bucks.

"Not a lot better than us"? Dude, the Bulls without Rose, the Pacers and the Knicks are all SIGNIFICANTLY better than us. The Pacers keep getting better as the season goes on and the Bulls and Knicks have both absolutely embarrassed us (embarrassed isn't even close to a strong enough word actually) in the last five minutes of a games that we've played against them this year. Intensity of the last 5 minutes of reg season games<or=the intensity of the first 5 minutes of playoff games FYI...
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#128 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:05 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:Monta should only be allowed to drive to the rim, and nothing else

Everytime I see you shoot a jumper, you owe me 20 push-ups.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ttime1
Banned User

Post#129 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:05 pm

I think you've got my explanation a bit twisted. I, unlike many here, like Monta Ellis and want him on this team. I think Monta Ellis > JJ Reddick. I also thought James Harden > Thabo Sefolosha, Manu Ginobili > Danny Green, etc. I think anytime that the Bucks put 2 shooters like Reddick and Ilyasova on the floor together, it's going to create great opportunities for Brandon and Monta to penetrate and score or dish. Our roster with Reddick, Dunleavy, and Ilyasova might offer the best floor spacing in the league. Jennings is no slouch from 3 either when he's open and his feet are set.

OK. I hear you and did not interpret it that way. You could be right about stretching the floor, but my only concern with the strategy is that the Bucks may get killed on the boards.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#130 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:15 pm

ttime1 wrote:
I think you've got my explanation a bit twisted. I, unlike many here, like Monta Ellis and want him on this team. I think Monta Ellis > JJ Reddick. I also thought James Harden > Thabo Sefolosha, Manu Ginobili > Danny Green, etc. I think anytime that the Bucks put 2 shooters like Reddick and Ilyasova on the floor together, it's going to create great opportunities for Brandon and Monta to penetrate and score or dish. Our roster with Reddick, Dunleavy, and Ilyasova might offer the best floor spacing in the league. Jennings is no slouch from 3 either when he's open and his feet are set.

OK. I hear you and did not interpret it that way. You could be right about stretching the floor, but my only concern with the strategy is that the Bucks may get killed on the boards.

We have a lot of good rebounders on this team, Ersan is one of them.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#131 » by whatthe_buck!? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 pm

trwi7 wrote:
jtrinaldi wrote:Monta should only be allowed to drive to the rim of Twirls ass with his tongue, and nothing else

Everytime I see him shoot in my plumper, he owes me 20 dollars.

Double fixed, b*tches!

What?

Yes I called u fat Twirl. It was for comedic purposes though so it's ok. :cuddle

Return to Milwaukee Bucks