ImageImageImageImageImage

Woody may change starting lineup...

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#141 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:03 pm

GONYK wrote:I'm concerned with 2 things:

1. He cites defense as the problem, but contemplates inserting Copeland into the SL

2. He thinks Melo and Ray are enough for a productive offense.

This is the most surprising thing he said.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#142 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Start Smith and Amare
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#143 » by keyindabox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:00 pm

barborous wrote:
keyindabox wrote:
barborous wrote:And now the "stop bitching guys, OMG knicks fans always overreact" crowd is starting to make its way out of the woodwork. No, we have a serious problem. We have precisely zero competent guards on the roster, our coach seems to have lost all ability to adapt, our defense AND offense from the beginning of the season have completely disappeared, we're on a mediocre slide that's pushing two months long now, and we're almost certain to lose both our #2 seed, the division title, and possibly even HCA before the playoffs at this rate.

It's the truth. Cry some more.

Fat Kat wrote:
barborous wrote:And now the "stop bitching guys, OMG knicks fans always overreact" crowd is starting to make its way out of the woodwork. No, we have a serious problem. We have precisely zero competent guards on the roster, our coach seems to have lost all ability to adapt, our defense AND offense from the beginning of the season have completely disappeared, we're on a mediocre slide that's pushing two months long now, and we're almost certain to lose both our #2 seed, the division title, and possibly even HCA before the playoffs at this rate.

I think what some are dismayed by is the constant nagging like tone that's prevalent when the team is doing bad. We've had posters return from "retirement" and come back from self imposed exile just to dump on the team they're a "fan" of. If the team is such a source of discontent, why stick around just to whine? Logging on just rage is counterproductive. No?

Attitudes, positive or negative are contagious. Some prefer to stay positive, even while being critical. Sports after all should be an escape IMO.

If you haven't had one positive post this season, perhaps that person should log off. There are many that fit that category.

I was plenty enthusiastic at the beginning of the season. As this team got worse and worse, I've gradually posted less about the team because of how depressing it is, and haven't been one of the people continually bitching about the team, because there's really no point in my view. But those people are completely right to be unhappy about how the team looks, and I got tired of seeing them get rained on.

Seriously though, when we win 5 in a row and are firmly in second/third place in a month and everyone is praising Woodson has the best coach for the Knicks since JVG, I'll make sure to "cry some more." :wink:

I don't understand why everything has to be so hot and cold with this board. What ever happened to having perspective? Rome wasn't built in a day fellas.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#144 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 pm

I think we need to start a big, even if its Novak, to help balance out the floor some

yes weve been getting killed on the perimeter but weve also been killed inside and with slow starts

Hell, Id even consider starting Thomas again if, for some reason, we are set on not starting Amare
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#145 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Only way Amar'e starts is if he joins the CAA. :( The Knicks refuse to do what it takes to win.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#146 » by BasicBall » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Bring Kidd off the bench to stabilize JR and Amare...Start Shump at the 2....start Kenyon as soon as the ink dries and put Melo at the damn small forward spot....and for god's sake release Copeland and sign Amundson
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#147 » by earthmansurfer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:29 pm

keyindabox wrote:

Seriously though, when we win 5 in a row and are firmly in second/third place in a month and everyone is praising Woodson has the best coach for the Knicks since JVG, I'll make sure to "cry some more." :wink:

I don't understand why everything has to be so hot and cold with this board. What ever happened to having perspective? Rome wasn't built in a day fellas.

We have been playing like crap, both offensively and defensively, for around 2 months now. Can you really just break this down to "perspective"? The ship is sinking and we need to make some changes. 18 - 18 over the last 36 (or something like that) is nothing to sneeze it. After all, this team wants to win a championship and it's not how you start, it's how you finish. This is serious (albeit we are talking about a game).
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#148 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:35 pm

That lineup is quite pathetic, but i'd expect a lineup change that takes Shump out, insert Cope or White.

Kidd continues to play 30+ minutes to get rest for the push.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#149 » by ctorres » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:40 pm

I think he's waiting for Kenyon Martin to come in so he can immediately start him.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#150 » by ccvle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Still can't believe people thought this team is more talented than some of Carmelo's nugget teams.
iHeartKNicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 111

Post#151 » by iHeartKNicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 pm

ccvle wrote:Still can't believe people thought this team is more talented than some of Carmelo's nugget teams.

I still think we are but Karl is a better coach
Twitter: AntBloom
IG: Antbloom
THE KNICKS WILL PREVAIL… eventually
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#152 » by ccvle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

iHeartKNicks wrote:
ccvle wrote:Still can't believe people thought this team is more talented than some of Carmelo's nugget teams.

I still think we are but Karl is a better coach

We are not. Carmelo played with Nene, Camby, Kenyon Martin and Chris Anderson upfront and either Iverson, Billups or Andre Miller in the backcourt. Those nuggets teams also had decent bench players with JR Smith, Earl Boykins,Reggie Evans, Anthony Carters, Linas Kleiza, and Eduardo Najera. Those guys werent exactly six man of the year, but atleast they didn't have to worry about having to start James white. The problem with those nuggets teams were injuries with the big guys, but it is not like we are a healthy team either.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#153 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 pm

All I want is an average coach. That is all. Why can't we have nice things? I would LOVE to have Don Cheyney back. Can we outbid on Vinny Del Negro? Jim O'Brien a free man? What is Eric Musselman up to? Derek Fisher could probably do something...
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.

Return to New York Knicks