ImageImage

What do you want to do this off-season?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MontaHaveItAll
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: What do you want to do this off-season? 

Post#61 » by MontaHaveItAll » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:09 am

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:sanders has all the potential. I can see him developing a nice post game

Starting line up next year...

Jennings
Lamb
Harris
Henson
Sanders

Tank for wiggins
Prospects get experience
Now if only we can get Lamb and Harris back
ConoverBucks
Senior
And1: 39

Post#62 » by ConoverBucks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:20 am

As much as I would like the Bucks to start over and rebuild I realize that likely won't happen. So here's an idea of what they could do:
-Resign Jennings (4/40)
-Resign Redick (not sure what he's worth but might as well try to resign him)
-amnesty Gooden
-draft Glenn Robinson III (or best available SF/SG)
-sign Millsap or David West(Would prefer West because he could give the Bucks a nice veteran PF who could start until Henson is ready to takeover whether that's sometime next year or sometime later)
-trade Ersan and Moute and/or Udoh for a veteran SF (Butler, Ariza, Marion?) and a young SG (Brooks, Lamb, Shumpert?)
-resign Dunleavy if cheap enough. If not then maybe Korver, Dorell Wright, or some other wing 3pt threat
-sign Devin Harris or another backup PG who could also play SG if need be.
Bucks depth chart:
PG: Brandon Jennings, Devin Harris(or someone else), Ish Smith
SG: Redick, Young SG(Brooks, Lamb, other), Harris/backup PG, FA signing/2nd rounder
SF: Veteran SF, GRIII, Dunleavy/Korver/Wright
PF: Millsap/West, Henson, Udoh or Moute (if still on roster), FA signing/2 rounder
C: Sanders, FA signing
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#63 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 am

Honestly, I expect something similar to the offseason where we blew our wad on Redd and Simmons. We're going to throw around crazy money on day 1 and not even think about the consequences. Wouldn't be shocked to see us outbid ourselves on Redick and Smith on day 1 of free agency, then match Jennings regardless of what his offer sheet was, to lock in a pretty mediocre team for quite a few years.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#64 » by RiotPunch » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:30 am

LUKE23 wrote:Honestly, I expect something similar to the offseason where we blew our wad on Redd and Simmons. We're going to throw around crazy money on day 1 and not even think about the consequences. Wouldn't be shocked to see us outbid ourselves on Redick and Smith on day 1 of free agency, then match Jennings regardless of what his offer sheet was, to lock in a pretty mediocre team for quite a few years.

You just made me extremely nauseous.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#65 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:34 am

LUKE23 wrote: We're going to throw around crazy money on day 1 and not even think about the consequences, outbid ourselves on Redick and Smith on day 1 of free agency, then match Jennings regardless of what his offer sheet was.

Herb?
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,672

Post#66 » by jimmybones » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

wisportsfan4 wrote:I know this probably means nothing because Hammond will **** stuff up, but I thought we could discuss what we should do this offseason, because I personally don't care what happens the rest of this season. Hope we miss the playoffs to wake Kohl up.

Last sentence was the lulz. Missing the playoffs will only fuel his thirst to sign veterans and cram our way into the 8th seed. The Bucks are like the drunk creepy dude at the bar that keeps hitting on chics out of his league. His best bet is to head home and call it a night, but he keeps trying and looking more and more stupid. Herb needs that friend that will call you a cab and send you home so you can fight another day under better circumstances.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,744

Post#67 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

You guys remember how we really out-bid ourselves on Ilyasova? Man, what a nightmare that was.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#68 » by BUCKnation » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 am

LUKE23 wrote:Honestly, I expect something similar to the offseason where we blew our wad on Redd and Simmons. We're going to throw around crazy money on day 1 and not even think about the consequences. Wouldn't be shocked to see us outbid ourselves on Redick and Smith on day 1 of free agency, then match Jennings regardless of what his offer sheet was, to lock in a pretty mediocre team for quite a few years.

I expect the same as well.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#69 » by Bfinkish » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:35 am

If we are gonna go cray cray with the cash then....

Let's break down this mo fo:

1.) Re-Sign Jennings to a 4 yr / 40 mil deal
3.) Extend Larry 5 yr / 50 mil deal
3.) Sign FA Nikola Pekovic 4 yr / 40 mil
4.) Re-Sign Redick 4 yr / 32 mil (We have his Bird rights)
5.) Have Monta opt in for a trade: 2 1sts, Monta, Udoh and Gooden for Eric Gordon and Fill-ins if needed
6.) Sign a couple of vets to fill our the roster

Lineup

PG - Jennings/Redick/Smith
SG - Gordon/Redick
SF - Ersan/Moute/Vet
PF - Pekovic/Henson/Vet
C - Sanders/Henson/Vet

Salary Situation for 2013-2014:

Brandon Jennings - 10 mil
Larry Sanders - 10 mil
Nikola Pekovic - 10 mil
JJ Redick - 8 mil
Ish Smith - 1 mil
Moute - 4.6 mil
Ersan Ilyasova - 7.9 mil
John Henson - 2 mil
Eric Gordon - 14.3 mil
Vet #1 - 3 mil
Vet #2 - 2 mil
Vet #3 - 2 mil

Total Salary - 74.90 Mil

4th seed.

rail away...
God is good.
adam10
Senior
And1: 111

Post#70 » by adam10 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:45 am

1: Re-sign BJ to a 4yr/40mil.
2. Trade Ellis for 1st + Terrance Ross (or another young sg)
3. Sign best FA centre.
4. Re-sign JJ.
4. Trade Ekpe and a 2nd for an expieranced SF (would love a Marion type)
5. Bye Gooden, Daniels and SD.. goodbye.
6. Either trade our two 1st picks in order to get inside the top 10, or use 1 on best SF available and best SG available.

Jennings/I.Smith/
Ross/Reddick/1st/Dunleavy
Moute/VET SF/1st
Ersan/Henson/Ayon
Sanders/FA
LETS GO
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,928

Post#71 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:47 pm

let ellis walk
let jennings walk... but demand a #1 for not matching the team that wants him
let sammy walk
amnesty gooden

resign redick.... 4/30
resign dunleavy.... 2/9
sign jarrett jack..... 4/28
sign paul millsap....4/44
sign shawn livingston for league min

draft trey burke 1st round....nbadraft.net has got him to us so reasonable at this time
draft ryan kelly in 2nd round.... just because we need another pf especially a wpffd

keep ersan for now... but put him on the market all year for a move at the deadline for an expiring and a pick. we'll need his salary slot to resign sanders in 2014 for this salary structure to work.

jack/ burke/ smith
redick/ livingston
mam/ dunleavy
millsap/ ersan/ henson/ wpffd
sanders/ udoh/ ayon

14 guys under contract.... backcourt with burke as the primary backup. jack can play some 2
total team payroll..... 57.5 million.
that leaves us extra caproom if we need to go higher on some of my guys, 2- 3 1st rnders in next years draft depending on what happens with ersan/jennings.... and a roster with some trade pieces at the deadline if a bigger target comes on the market.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#72 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:20 pm

DrugBust wrote:You guys remember how we really out-bid ourselves on Ilyasova? Man, what a nightmare that was.

Ersan didn't have swag though.

Given the spite in the front office, Josh Smith is guaranteed at 4/$72 from the team he signs with, since we will have that bid out there. And with Redick, I think he does well here and Kohl will be loathe to lose him for "nothing", especially if Tobias starts putting up garbage time stats down in Orlando.

My question is whether we can get Milsap for 4/$54 and if that was the number, would people prefer him at that number versus Josh Smith at 4/$72 if either were feasible.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#73 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 pm

We will come out on July 1 with guns blazing is my guess. Us with a ton of money is usually a bad thing.

I see us throwing the max at Josh Smith right out of the gate.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#74 » by Newz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:40 pm

LUKE23 wrote:We will come out on July 1 with guns blazing is my guess. Us with a ton of money is usually a bad thing.

These are the likely scenarios, IMO.

1. Monta opts in and doesn't leave. We let Redick go, we bid heavily on Smith. If we miss on Smith we overpay someone else. We match Jennings, who ends up being way overpaid.
2. Monta opts out, we pay Redick about ten million a year and we get Josh Smith. We match Jennings, who is still way overpaid in this scenario.

2 sounds better to me, but they are both pretty awful. I honestly just wish we'd let Monta and Jennings go, then spend our money wisely... or use our room under the cap and young assets to attack a real star player (like I mentioned earlier bringing up Rondo). I really do think that:

PG:
SG: Redick
SF: Moute
PF: Ersan
C: Sanders

Is a pretty damn good start. Those guys all fit perfectly together. You would just need a pretty good player at the point who can create for others and score some for himself to make that a 50+ win squad, IMO.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#75 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Millsap at 4/54???? Is that what it will take?

For the sake of the plan i just posted.... what do you think the number on jack will be?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#76 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 pm

I haven't even really thought about Monta opting in. Holy hell would that suck.

As it stands, they have $27M in cap room if Ellis opts out, and around $34M in cap room if Ellis opts out and they amnesty Gooden. Take the 1st and 2nd rounder out of there, and you're probably looking at around $32M in cap room with 10 players signed. That's enough to easily fit all three of Jennings/Redick/Smith in. I wouldn't do that, because I don't trust Jennings and I think we overpay the other two, but it's what I expect us to try.

If they do land Smith, I then expect them to try and move Ilyasova for salary relief so they can fit Larry in the following offseason.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#77 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Jack/redick/millsap..... is better than jennings/ redick/ smith

Better fits for milwaukee market, better blend of talent, and better financially...... win/loss with either core could go either way. But theres alot less likelihood of total meltdown in the first scenario
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#78 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Jack will be 30 at the start of next year. With Milwaukee premium, I think it takes 4/32 to get him here.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#79 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 pm

No interest in Jack. I'd let Jennings walk as well.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#80 » by Newz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I haven't even really thought about Monta opting in. Holy hell would that suck.

As it stands, they have $27M in cap room if Ellis opts out, and around $34M in cap room if Ellis opts out and they amnesty Gooden. Take the 1st and 2nd rounder out of there, and you're probably looking at around $32M in cap room with 10 players signed. That's enough to easily fit all three of Jennings/Redick/Smith in. I wouldn't do that, because I don't trust Jennings and I think we overpay the other two, but it's what I expect us to try.

If they do land Smith, I then expect them to try and move Ilyasova for salary relief so they can fit Larry in the following offseason.

I haven't been paying a ton of attention to the Bucks this year and I haven't been reading the board much... but I think it's pretty crazy that everyone is just assuming Monta is going to opt out. How many guys who have a year like Monta is having (a bad year where he is showing he clearly isn't worth what he is being paid) are willing to turn down $11-$12 million?

I'm not saying he won't opt out, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks