ImageImageImage

Heat@76ers 2/23 7:30pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Re: Heat@76ers 2/23 7:30pm EST 

Post#21 » by This IsMy House » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:27 pm

bb22 wrote:Our schedule for the rest of the season is pretty nice... something like 20 of the 30 games against sub .500 teams. If they can keep the intensity, we could have a nice cushion and afford to give more minutes to the bench guys come april.

Ya but 4 more back to backs and not a lot of rest inbetween games mainly 1 day. So theyll need some blow outs to get some rest for sure.
I Stand With The []_[]!
BlackBerry
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#22 » by BlackBerry » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:33 pm

I think Spo should have a bit more faith in the bench. I mean what Pop's (over @ the Spurs) has done with his bench is amazing. Spurs bench can hang with the heat. I mean we need that kinda of exposure for our bench cause when things get rough we need to count on our bench. Now that we finally have one (Allen, Lewis, etc)
LoveMyHeat
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Post#23 » by LoveMyHeat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:37 pm

We should tank this game to improve our chances of getting Philly's pick this year /green font
PLUGITUP9
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#24 » by PLUGITUP9 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Important we keep it going on the road. This is great streak right now; last 3 road games beat thunder, hawks and bulls pretty impressive.

Our road record has been our achilles heal, not now. Once the league takes note of our road record going up they will s#it bricks because they know we ain't getting beat at home in the playoffs and if we do drop a game we will steal it back.

I too like the 2-3-2 stretch for the away team in the finals but not against the spurs or thunder this year. Would much rather have HCA. Was pumped to hear the boys are going after HCA and aren't taking their foot off the pedal with such a big lead in the East.

We can't be cocky and think we will repeat without HCA, not that we won't but that's much tougher. Problem is I don't know how spurs drop off they r just too consistent.

Let's have a crack at # 1 overall anyway and see how close we get. Would love to have at least best record over anyone outside of spurs. I like our chances against spurs, quality team but Bron owes them for that embarrassment years ago in the Finals and that would fuel him to crush them.

The team who wants our blood the most is the thunder and I don't want to give them HCA cause then it could be tough.

10 in a row let's keep it going!!!
cb1
RealGM
And1: 1,214

Post#25 » by cb1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm

PLUGITUP9 wrote:Important we keep it going on the road. This is great streak right now; last 3 road games beat thunder, hawks and bulls pretty impressive.

Our road record has been our achilles heal, not now. Once the league takes note of our road record going up they will s#it bricks because they know we ain't getting beat at home in the playoffs and if we do drop a game we will steal it back.

I too like the 2-3-2 stretch for the away team in the finals but not against the spurs or thunder this year. Would much rather have HCA. Was pumped to hear the boys are going after HCA and aren't taking their foot off the pedal with such a big lead in the East.

We can't be cocky and think we will repeat without HCA, not that we won't but that's much tougher. Problem is I don't know how spurs drop off they r just too consistent.

Let's have a crack at # 1 overall anyway and see how close we get. Would love to have at least best record over anyone outside of spurs. I like our chances against spurs, quality team but Bron owes them for that embarrassment years ago in the Finals and that would fuel him to crush them.

The team who wants our blood the most is the thunder and I don't want to give them HCA cause then it could be tough.

10 in a row let's keep it going!!!

Basically all of this
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#26 » by 420 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 pm

DatD-Wade3 wrote:
420 wrote:I hope Spo uses this lead in the standings to rotate Wade/LBJ/Bosh in and out of the 'maintenance program' (as he likes to call it). 5 game lead in the East and we need road court advantage in the Finals.

Don't want home court advantage in the finals. Take your chances with stealing a game on the road then get 3 straight at home.

As for this game, don't fall for the trap :lol: make it 10 straight 8-)
Yeah , I love putting the pressure on the other team to defend their homecourt two times before they have to play a single game in the Heat's house.

On the flip side, I feel there's a lot of pressure on the Heat to win 2 at home then go on the road and win one of two (or preferably 2 of 2 if we lost one of our games at home).

PLUGITUP9 wrote:I too like the 2-3-2 stretch for the away team in the finals but not against the spurs or thunder this year. Would much rather have HCA. Was pumped to hear the boys are going after HCA and aren't taking their foot off the pedal with such a big lead in the East.

Personally, I'm not scared of San Antonio this year. They probably don't even get out of the West, but if they do, I'm liking our chances against them if we reach the finals. And why would you be scared of OKC on the road when we beat them as the road team in the Finals?
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#27 » by bb22 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 am

at this point i think indy is our biggest threat. we match up too well with the top teams in the west.
BlackBerry
Banned User

Post#28 » by BlackBerry » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:24 am

bb22 wrote:at this point i think indy is our biggest threat. we match up too well with the top teams in the west.

Yeah. I don't like if we go against Indiana. I remember at the beginning of the season I was hoping not to go against Boston, then NY, then Bulls and as the season is coming to an end I hope we don't face Indiana. Although we prob will face the Raptors in the first round, so it's all good.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#29 » by Pimpwerx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 am

2-3-2 works great for the home team. It's a great format because it doesn't penalize a team for being in the tougher conference. If you want to win a championship, you need to be able to win games on the road. We've been able to get a win on the road in all 3 Finals we've been in. Shoulda probably won the one we did lose. I like the 2-3-2 and don't care if we get HCA.

As for Indiana, let's not buy into the hype. We didn't smash them in 5 last year because we were missing Bosh. absolute worst-case scenario for us facing a physical, douchebag defense without our best and only good big. We still took them out. Their offense is still ****, and they still have no goto guy. In the playoffs, rotations tighten, star power comes to the forefront and our defense will be motivated. We are gonna curbstomp those fake toughs. Beliedat! PEACE.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#30 » by bb22 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 am

Pimpwerx wrote:As for Indiana, let's not buy into the hype. We didn't smash them in 5 last year because we were missing Bosh. absolute worst-case scenario for us facing a physical, douchebag defense without our best and only good big. We still took them out. Their offense is still ****, and they still have no goto guy. In the playoffs, rotations tighten, star power comes to the forefront and our defense will be motivated. We are gonna curbstomp those fake toughs. Beliedat! PEACE.

Ya we definitely take them in 5-6 games. im just saying that they are the only team that poses a matchup issue for us. i would love to see a miami-san an finals. This talk of parker being the "true mvp" is absolute nonsense.
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#31 » by krikor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:48 pm

if bosh wasnt injured, we would have won game 2 vs indiana. still lost game 3, then finish it at 4 - 1.

pacers cant win us at home, and we can split the road games.
HEAT111
Veteran
And1: 1,803

Post#32 » by HEAT111 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:2-3-2 works great for the home team. It's a great format because it doesn't penalize a team for being in the tougher conference. If you want to win a championship, you need to be able to win games on the road. We've been able to get a win on the road in all 3 Finals we've been in. Shoulda probably won the one we did lose. I like the 2-3-2 and don't care if we get HCA.

As for Indiana, let's not buy into the hype. We didn't smash them in 5 last year because we were missing Bosh. absolute worst-case scenario for us facing a physical, douchebag defense without our best and only good big. We still took them out. Their offense is still ****, and they still have no goto guy. In the playoffs, rotations tighten, star power comes to the forefront and our defense will be motivated. We are gonna curbstomp those fake toughs. Beliedat! PEACE.

Glad to see you back. Just don't stress it, you're a quality poster :D
TheDon008
Banned User
And1: 63

Post#33 » by TheDon008 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Not gonna Lie. Im a bit tipsy...

And I hate Blackberry.

Just saying.
TheDon008
Banned User
And1: 63

Post#34 » by TheDon008 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 pm

HEAT111 wrote:
Pimpwerx wrote:2-3-2 works great for the home team. It's a great format because it doesn't penalize a team for being in the tougher conference. If you want to win a championship, you need to be able to win games on the road. We've been able to get a win on the road in all 3 Finals we've been in. Shoulda probably won the one we did lose. I like the 2-3-2 and don't care if we get HCA.

Pimwerx is the Best poster on this board IMO.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#35 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 pm

HEAT111 wrote:

We always knew that nothing can keep away a man from his true love..

Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Cloud765
Starter
And1: 25

Post#36 » by Cloud765 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:As for Indiana, let's not buy into the hype. We didn't smash them in 5 last year because we were missing Bosh. absolute worst-case scenario for us facing a physical, douchebag defense without our best and only good big. We still took them out. Their offense is still ****, and they still have no goto guy. In the playoffs, rotations tighten, star power comes to the forefront and our defense will be motivated. We are gonna curbstomp those fake toughs. Beliedat! PEACE.

Their go-to guy is Paul George, who is blossoming into a 1st option, and being treated by the refs as such. He also torched us in that game we played I believe, the Pacers are the only possible hiccup in the road. Even they don't stand a chance if LeBron is playing GOD mode and Wade and Bosh continue their efficiency, but they're not an opponent to be underestimated.
The views and opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Miami Heat fans, the Miami Heat Organization, or it's employees.
Voice_of_Reason
Sixth Man
And1: 172

Post#37 » by Voice_of_Reason » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Playing Toronto round before Indiana would be handy. Extra time preparing for team led by 2 good wing players with length.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,462

Post#38 » by fishfuego. » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:18 pm

djcrispi wrote:We should tank this game to improve our chances of getting Philly's pick this year /green font

nah screw the pick, I want winning, winning and more winning. It is an addiction.
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,698

Post#39 » by twozeroMM » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:05 pm

What record does Philly have to be around for us to get there pick?
BlackBerry
Banned User

Post#40 » by BlackBerry » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Is Bynum returning tonight?

Return to Miami Heat