And1: 123

Re: *76ers' 2013-2014 Season Starting Line-up Predictions.* 

Post#21 » by steveb21 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Holiday
Turner
Young
Hickson
Hawes

We need a big and someone who can flat out score. I think JJ Hickson can be had for a reasonable contract, he's still young and can give us a physical presence down low. I don't think he'll ever be an elite big but he could compliment Hawes nicely. He wants out of Portland because he doesn't want to play Center full time and they have Aldrige at the 4. That gives us half of what we need.
ZzAzZ
Analyst
And1: 8

Post#22 » by ZzAzZ » Mon May 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Holiday, Turner, Wright, Josh Smith, Hawes.
HartfordWhalers wrote:9/17/10, today for what is wrong with Iggy I will go with he rarely gets fouled while making a 3 pointer, thus leaving the Sixers with a serious deficiency in 4 point plays.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#23 » by Sixersftw » Mon May 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Jrue Holiday, Tyreke, and Shabazz would be incompatible. One of them would have to come off the bench. You can't have three possession eaters starting alongside each other like that.

Shabazz is actually really possession friendly. I'd be more concerned with us only having 1 guy on the perimeter that can shoot. It doesn't help that Jrue's outside shot is either feast or famine too.

Sorry, I can't agree with Shabazz being possession friendly. Especially when 90% of his 16 possessions a game last year ended in a fieldgoal attempt.

don't get me wrong, he is looking to score but he is scoring in the flow of offense, on transition and off of garbage. He isn't handling the ball a ton, pretending to be a pg, or isoing his man. Jrue and reke pound the ball, which I find much more damaging to offensive continuity.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
steveb21
Pro Prospect
And1: 123

Post#24 » by steveb21 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Atlanta is looking at S&T scenarios for Josh Smith. I wonder if Bynum is on their radar?
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#25 » by Skates » Mon May 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Jrue, maybe Thad and a bunch of other guys...
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#26 » by Kobblehead » Mon May 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Sixersftw wrote:don't get me wrong, he is looking to score but he is scoring in the flow of offense, on transition and off of garbage. He isn't handling the ball a ton, pretending to be a pg, or isoing his man. Jrue and reke pound the ball, which I find much more damaging to offensive continuity.

I didn't say he was ball dominant, I just said he was a possession eater. Ideally, you want Shabazz getting 16-18 possessions a night. Jrue and Tyreke usually take up 35+ between them. How the hell can you have all three playing together at the same time? One of them (Tyreke) should be coming off the bench. And being that he's useless shooting the ball and incapable of being a spacer, Tyreke should be running the point with the second unit.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#27 » by PhilasFinest » Mon May 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Yea, I can't see Reke coming to be our 6th man. Plus he's likely gonna command 8-9 million at the lowest a year, which would be foolish to pay a guy for that role.

Another guy I'd like to see us grab if cheap enough is Dejuan Blair. Sure he's undersized, but whenever he gets minutes, he produces. I wouldn't mid adding a junkyard dog type of big who can dominate the glass.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#28 » by Sixersftw » Mon May 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Kobblehead wrote: blah blah.

Fair enough. We agree that you can't have the 3 of them on the floor for, well, 2 different but valid reasons. We've been stuck in the same position forever you can't have more than 1 player on the perimeter that can't shoot consistently and need the ball to score. See every sixers team since Iverson. God that little bastard made up for a lot.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#29 » by Kobblehead » Mon May 13, 2013 5:43 pm

To me, bringing in Tyreke is just a bad idea. He's not a winner, he's a poor defender, he can't shoot, and he's a tough fit in basically any line-up.

To me, Tyreke is destined to be a reasonably efficient stat stuffer on lottery teams for the rest of his career. He just doesn't fit well into a winning team as a starter.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#30 » by PhilasFinest » Mon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Kobblehead wrote:To me, bringing in Tyreke is just a bad idea. He's not a winner, he's a poor defender, he can't shoot, and he's a tough fit in basically any line-up.

To me, Tyreke is destined to be a reasonably efficient stat stuffer on lottery teams for the rest of his career. He just doesn't fit well into a winning team as a starter.

Yea I think a lot of people are just looking for something to hitch there hopes on for a little while considering were pretty much out of options. I wouldn't necessarily hate it, but I would rather keep or cap space more flexible.

I'd rather see us trade up for someone like Shabazz than make a deal for Evans.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Skates
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Skates » Mon May 13, 2013 6:41 pm

This may be the kind of draft where if the new GM really likes one of the top 2-4 players, trading up will be far easier than usual. Noel, McLemore, Porter or Oladipo, if the new GM wants them, might be obtainable depending on the teams drafting in those spots.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,620

Post#32 » by Mik317 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:48 pm

I like Tyreke but he doesn't fit, isn't really a winner and we might as well keep his cheaper less athletic counterpart in Turner for all that. Jrue needs another ballhandler but one that isn't useless without the ball. Turner for all his issue can atleast hit a 3 or two...just no consistantly. But better than Reke.

I also don't think coming "home" is the best for him anyway.

as for the topic?

i have no clue..we could either field the same lineup or be completely different.

What I could see is

Jrue
Turner
Draft Pick
Thad
Lol? (probably Hawes)

What I would want (and thus probably isn't even possible) is

Jrue
Mclemore (vai Stern Gift lol)
Turner
Thad
Pekovic

What I expect?

Jrue
JRich
Turner
Thad
Hawes.

I am kind of excited tho since we are in new teritory in terms of direction...I could see a lot of moves if only because the GM wants to make a splash.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
JordanMars
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#33 » by JordanMars » Mon May 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Knux-Future wrote:I like Tyreke but he doesn't fit, isn't really a winner and we might as well keep his cheaper less athletic counterpart in Turner for all that. Jrue needs another ballhandler but one that isn't useless without the ball. Turner for all his issue can atleast hit a 3 or two...just no consistantly. But better than Reke.

I also don't think coming "home" is the best for him anyway.

as for the topic?

i have no clue..we could either field the same lineup or be completely different.

What I could see is

Jrue
Turner
Draft Pick
Thad
Lol? (probably Hawes)

What I would want (and thus probably isn't even possible) is

Jrue
Mclemore (vai Stern Gift lol)
Turner
Thad
Pekovic

What I expect?

Jrue
JRich
Turner
Thad
Hawes.

I am kind of excited tho since we are in new teritory in terms of direction...I could see a lot of moves if only because the GM wants to make a splash.

Jrich wont even be ready till january next year. No way the new GM stands pat and puts that dog crap lineup out there next year. They need something new or keep Bynum because if they do nothing the owners wont be happy with no tickets sold.
Nerlens Noel = 2014-2015 rookie of the year
76erFixer
Bench Warmer
And1: 17

Post#34 » by 76erFixer » Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 pm

steveb21 wrote:

Atlanta is looking at S&T scenarios for Josh Smith. I wonder if Bynum is on their radar?

If we can sign Tyreke Evans, Turner is expendable.

I wonder if Turner, Jrich and a pick swap could get it done?

Jrue
Tyreke Evans
Josh Smith
Hawes
Bynum

6th- Thad

Not enough outside shooting for my liking butheckava fun team to watch
jrue2drew
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#35 » by jrue2drew » Mon May 13, 2013 7:19 pm

I don't want to sign any big money free agents this offseason. Stick to the remaining contracts we have unless Thad, Hawes or Turner could generate a lotto pick or move us higher. The whole plan is to stink. Signing these borderline all stars will bring us back to the Brand/Iggy era again. Who cares if we do not end up 1 2014. Top 5 can potentially still get us a franchise stud. This has to be done.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#36 » by Kobblehead » Mon May 13, 2013 8:05 pm

The only big-money contract I wanna give out this summer is to Pekovic. I'd love the signing for a few reasons.

- He may not be a great defender, but he's big and strong enough to be a factor in protecting the paint.
- He's an absolute monster on the offensive glass and an improving defensive rebounder.
- For a big, he's an excellent free throw shooter (.747 on his career) allowing him to play deep into games (unlike DeAndre Jordan).
- He's a bull in the paint scoring the basketball.
- In back-to-back seasons, he's put together a PER of over 20 (21.4 last year and 20.2 this year).

He's efficient, tough as nails, massive, and would be great to pair Holiday with a inside scorer like him going forward.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#37 » by PhilasFinest » Mon May 13, 2013 8:08 pm

I agree with above.

The only big deal id like to see is us possibly moving up in the draft to get someone with a little more upside.
Unless we decide were resigning no knees.

EX: adding a Muhammad or McCollum via the draft.

then just sign guys on short and/or cheap deals to get A) a better feel for them B) maintain flexibility and C) get possible value out of them

EX: One guy id love to target is Dejuan Blair - shouldn't command a lot, and would bolster our toughness/rebounding down low. Plus fits the bill that Houston made a habit of, and thats acquiring young guys who were under utilized. He could be a double double guy at the 4.

or
Brandan Wright- hes a long, athletic big with shotblocking ability. would help us out

then id just feel out a majority of our guys, see how they perform under our new coach, make some changes as needed and prepare to get a high pick for next year
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#38 » by PhilasFinest » Mon May 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Kobblehead wrote:The only big-money contract I wanna give out this summer is to Pekovic. I'd love the signing for a few reasons.

- He may not be a great defender, but he's big and strong enough to be a factor in protecting the paint.
- He's an absolute monster on the offensive glass and an improving defensive rebounder.
- For a big, he's an excellent free throw shooter (.747 on his career) allowing him to play deep into games (unlike DeAndre Jordan).
- In back-to-back seasons, he's put together a PER of over 20 (21.4 last year and 20.2 this year).

He's efficient, tough as nails, massive, and would be great to pair Holiday with a inside scorer like him going forward.

what do you think Pek is going to command? im sure its gonna be quite a bit of money.
Skates
Head Coach

Post#39 » by Skates » Mon May 13, 2013 8:17 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:The only big-money contract I wanna give out this summer is to Pekovic. I'd love the signing for a few reasons.

what do you think Pek is going to command? im sure its gonna be quite a bit of money.

I would want a real shotblocker/defensive type at PF with Pek (and no, I do not mean overpaying Josh Smith), a more athletic guy who can defend the weakside.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#40 » by Kobblehead » Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Pek is definitely gonna want $12 mill a year. Ibaka and Kris Humpries (lol Nets) just got that last offseason.

I would offer him 3 years, $39 mill. Each year, escalating a mill per (Asik will make $14 mill in his final year).

Return to Philadelphia 76ers