Stephen Zimmerman

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EddieJonesFan
Starter
And1: 438

Stephen Zimmerman 

Post#1 » by EddieJonesFan » Tue Sep 3, 2013 7:53 am

How good do you guys think he's going to be? All I've seen of him is mix videos and very short scouting reports. Is he all offensive skills at this point? What do you think his potential is on defense and boards?
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Re: Stephen Zimmerman 

Post#2 » by EricAnderson » Tue Sep 3, 2013 7:02 pm

Ive heard hes a little weak still with boards and in the paint at times.. hes gonna need to put on some weight but his offensive skills for his size and age are off the charts..

His ceiling is proably Pau hes floor probably Raef Lafrentz..
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#3 » by ManualRam » Tue Sep 3, 2013 7:07 pm

he's more known for his offensive skills, but he does compete on the defensive end. he's not a dominant shot blocker at this level but he does get his fair share of swats, which ultimately, doesn't mean much bc a near 7'er with his athleticism should be blocking shots at his level.

he's agile, active, competitive, has good length and IQ. he has what it takes to eventually be a good defender, at least as a help defender at the PF position. the big question mark with him is obviously strength, will he be able to put on the strength and mass to guard Cs as well as PFs?

as far as rebounding, again he is agile, has a good motor and hands. he also has good length, but not freakish length so he won't be out reaching and tipping balls to himself a la camby. doesn't appear to be a super explosive leaper. but that's not what makes a good rebounder. he appears to be a quick leaper which is more important.

he's not the shot-blocking/rebounding talent that ivan rabb is, but overall i think he has the potential to be a smart, agile defender, who has the quickness to rotate and defend in space. he also has no red flags that would lead me to believe he would be a poor to below average rebounder.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#4 » by EricAnderson » Tue Sep 3, 2013 7:34 pm

ManualRam wrote:he's more known for his offensive skills, but he does compete on the defensive end. he's not a dominant shot blocker at this level but he does get his fair share of swats, which ultimately, doesn't mean much bc a near 7'er with his athleticism should be blocking shots at his level.

he's agile, active, competitive, has good length and IQ. he has what it takes to eventually be a good defender, at least as a help defender at the PF position. the big question mark with him is obviously strength, will he be able to put on the strength and mass to guard Cs as well as PFs?

as far as rebounding, again he is agile, has a good motor and hands. he also has good length, but not freakish length so he won't be out reaching and tipping balls to himself a la camby. doesn't appear to be a super explosive leaper. but that's not what makes a good rebounder. he appears to be a quick leaper which is more important.

he's not the shot-blocking/rebounding talent that ivan rabb is, but overall i think he has the potential to be a smart, agile defender, who has the quickness to rotate and defend in space. he also has no red flags that would lead me to believe he would be a poor to below average rebounder.

247 sports has Diallo ahead of him and Rabb on their 2015 rankings list which is mostly about nba upside..do you agree?

I thought Diallo was a very raw player
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#5 » by ManualRam » Tue Sep 3, 2013 8:52 pm

Diallo's had a great summer and he's probably come along further than any big in this class, but I wouldnt rank him over either zimmerman or rabb. I prefer skill, advanced iq and all around ability over players who outwork and/or out-length players which is what diallo does. Diallo has incredible length, but I think both zimm and rabb (zimm in particular) impact the game in more ways than diallo. Maybe diallo can catch up to rabb since both look like future shot blockers, rebounders and finishers, but if/when rabb catches up physically, he'll already have a substantial offensive skill advantage.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to NBA Draft