Andrew Wiggins: 6 points against UTEP

Moderator: bwgood77

tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,066

Re: Andrew Wiggins: 6 points against UTEP 

Post#21 » by tidho » Sun Dec 1, 2013 2:28 pm

I don't think any of the 'experts' believe he's a finished product. The projections are based on potential.
Talent Chaser
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#22 » by Talent Chaser » Sun Dec 1, 2013 2:54 pm

Do people not realize he has been sick and has still played? Also, defense is a part if the game. He shuts down his opponent everytime, look what he did to Rodney Hood. Jabari and Randle will struggle defending there position at the next level. The only player that has a remote chance of passing Wiggins is Embiid.
CablexDeadpool
Head Coach
And1: 1,686

Post#23 » by CablexDeadpool » Sun Dec 1, 2013 3:25 pm

Talent Chaser wrote:Do people not realize he has been sick and has still played? Also, defense is a part if the game. He shuts down his opponent everytime, look what he did to Rodney Hood. Jabari and Randle will struggle defending there position at the next level. The only player that has a remote chance of passing Wiggins is Embiid.

I wouldn't draft a player that only is super athlete and plays good defense as the number 1 pick to turn my franchise around.

Kyrie can't defend a chair, but he can drop 40 for you. As long as a player isn't a revolving door on defense, it's cool.

At the end of the day, Offense trumps Defense when it comes to star perimeter players, I'll get a Thabo, a Tony Allen, an Afflalo, and Iguodala and just tell him to guard the best player.

Star wings drop buckets first and foremost. Them being elite on defense is a bonus.

And being sick don't make you suck that bad. Not like he's injured.

Parker and Randle take over games, Wiggins doesn't.
ken6199 wrote:A Rocket's loss really brought out the best of people. It makes me realize this forum is filled with jobless scumbags with their only intention to come hate the team they hate and realize their anger from their life/job/wife/kids or whatever.

:lol:
mrm5480
Junior
And1: 67

Post#24 » by mrm5480 » Sun Dec 1, 2013 3:39 pm

CablexDeadpool wrote:
Talent Chaser wrote:Do people not realize he has been sick and has still played? Also, defense is a part if the game. He shuts down his opponent everytime, look what he did to Rodney Hood. Jabari and Randle will struggle defending there position at the next level. The only player that has a remote chance of passing Wiggins is Embiid.

I wouldn't draft a player that only is super athlete and plays good defense as the number 1 pick to turn my franchise around.

Kyrie can't defend a chair, but he can drop 40 for you. As long as a player isn't a revolving door on defense, it's cool.

At the end of the day, Offense trumps Defense when it comes to star perimeter players, I'll get a Thabo, a Tony Allen, an Afflalo, and Iguodala and just tell him to guard the best player.

Star wings drop buckets first and foremost. Them being elite on defense is a bonus.

lol cuz kyrie has really turned the cavs around...
CablexDeadpool
Head Coach

Post#25 » by CablexDeadpool » Sun Dec 1, 2013 4:20 pm

mrm5480 wrote:lol cuz kyrie has really turned the cavs around...

Neither has Kevin Love...he still can't pull wins out of his ass

And neither has Kevin Durant...Durant needed a Westbrook, a Harden and a Jeff Green and an Ibaka before he saw some wins and when Westbrook got injured and when Harden wasn't there - he looked pretty damn bad.

Scorers don't turn teams around most of the time, superstar all around players do...which is why Lebron the turned Cavs around into a 60 win team as the guy does it all for the team. And then he went to another team where he still does it all he just got better sidekicks.

I don't expect every player to have the talent level of a Lebron James that can lead a team to 60 wins on his back and can play 1 through 4 and even 5 if he has too with ease.

But it sure is easy to give a scorer a team with some capable defensive players, a sidekick around player and maybe a post player instead of teaching a super athlete how to shoot a jumpshot and dribble just so he can be a superstar player to carry your team.

Put Kyrie Irving in a Durant situation where all he has to do is score and he got somebody else to pick up the load for him and play elite defense for him...he lead a 50 win team.
ken6199 wrote:A Rocket's loss really brought out the best of people. It makes me realize this forum is filled with jobless scumbags with their only intention to come hate the team they hate and realize their anger from their life/job/wife/kids or whatever.

Talent Chaser
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#26 » by Talent Chaser » Sun Dec 1, 2013 5:11 pm

CablexDeadpool wrote:

Defense is half the game. If you are giving up as many points on defense as you are producing your really not helping your team win. Wiggins has taken over games, did you watch the 2nd half of the Kansas vs Duke game? Wiggins dominated Jabari. Why would you draft players for what they are currently? Paul George and Andre Drummojd are perfect examples of this. Both didn't produce much in college and evolved their game in the NBA to the players they are currently. College production usually doesn't equal nba production. College ball and NBA ball are almost completely different sports. Wiggins and Embiid have the highest ceilings in this draft, that's why they will go one and two, they can do things that Jabari and Randle simply can't.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#27 » by Komodo » Fri Dec 6, 2013 5:12 pm

CablexDeadpool wrote:LOL but Andrew Wiggins is the next Tmac

But Andrew Wiggins is the next Paul George

Lets cut the BS...

Star wing players handle the ball. Star wing players are secondary ball handler. Star wing players are 1st options on offense.

Damn these excuses...but "he plays defense" but "it's Bill Self"

How about he just don't got the skills. He isn't Paul George because Paul George could shoot it. He isn't Tmac because Tmac can handle it. He isn't even Gerald Green because Gerald Green could shoot it.

I actually agree with this, especially the bolded. But try telling that to my fellow Canadians! It's almost sacrilege.
CablexDeadpool
Head Coach

Post#28 » by CablexDeadpool » Sat Dec 7, 2013 11:22 pm

Talent Chaser wrote:Defense is half the game. If you are giving up as many points on defense as you are producing your really not helping your team win. Wiggins has taken over games, did you watch the 2nd half of the Kansas vs Duke game? Wiggins dominated Jabari. Why would you draft players for what they are currently? Paul George and Andre Drummojd are perfect examples of this. Both didn't produce much in college and evolved their game in the NBA to the players they are currently. College production usually doesn't equal nba production. College ball and NBA ball are almost completely different sports. Wiggins and Embiid have the highest ceilings in this draft, that's why they will go one and two, they can do things that Jabari and Randle simply can't.

Wiggins dominated Jabari...by running in transition...

Paul George handled the ball in college and was the go to player and the star player...

Paul George went 10 and he produced a lot of a player going 10. Paul George's 1st year statistically similar as Wiggins but a way better shooter.

Then he's 6'9 with elite range and elite athleticism.

Andre Drummound is 7 foot 280s and all his does is dunk and rebound and he's a crappy defender. He averaged 10 points 7 rebounds in 28 mins in college, he produced a lot for a one and done super athlete center.

Wiggins isn't better than Jabari and I doubt he'll be a better pro, he doesn't show any skills besides being a super athlete and being a good defender and having a knack for the rim.

Paul George at least was handling the ball, shooting the 3 and assisting...with a lot of TOs, he is doing the same thing he did in college, just in the pros.

Andre Drummound was just rebounding the ball and dunking the ball...he's doing the same thing in the pros...

You really think Wiggins is going to become a ball handling wing, that rebounds, dishes and got a J...I doubt it.

He's gonna have a Luol Deng type game most likely with his athleticism...that isn't better than Parker.

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,776

Post#29 » by Ayt » Sun Dec 8, 2013 2:46 am

It is the fault of someone else that Wiggins doesn't look dominant in the NCAA.
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#30 » by mid-post » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:38 pm

CablexDeadpool wrote:He's gonna have a Luol Deng type game most likely with his athleticism

:lol: A freakishly athletic Luol Deng is a scary ass player.

...that isn't better than Parker.

It definitely could be.
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#31 » by mid-post » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:39 pm

CablexDeadpool wrote:Andre Drummound is 7 foot 280s and all his does is dunk and rebound and he's a crappy defender.

huh?
Ragnar0k
Banned User
And1: 90

Post#32 » by Ragnar0k » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 am

He'll be just fine. :wink:
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,284

Post#33 » by rockmanslim » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:12 am

Ragnar0k wrote:He'll be just fine. :wink:

He ought to stay in school another year to develop.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Ragnar0k
Banned User
And1: 90

Post#34 » by Ragnar0k » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:24 am

rockmanslim wrote:

I've been thinking about that too, but I'm waiting a few months to decide for sure - if the season were to end today, I'd agree with you that he should. I'm still willing to give him more time to figure it out though.
webc5
Senior
And1: 405

Post#35 » by webc5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm just wondering what you guys think is Andrew Wiggins floor?
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#36 » by Little Digger » Mon Jan 6, 2014 12:20 am

Can't believe how awful this kid' game is when compared to all the hype
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Post#37 » by rumdiary » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:16 pm

webc5 wrote:I'm just wondering what you guys think is Andrew Wiggins floor?

Darius Miles!
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#38 » by Flight33 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Rudy Gay.
Nox_Caelum
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#39 » by Nox_Caelum » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Michael Jordan.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#40 » by Marty McFly » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:54 pm

rockmanslim wrote:

yes he should. 8-)
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.

Return to NCAA Basketball