Sources: Lakers Express Interest In Iman Shumpert, Tyson Chandler

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Sources: Lakers Express Interest In Iman Shumpert, Tyson Chandler 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:53 am

The Los Angeles Lakers recently reached out to the New York Knicks to express interest in Iman Shumpert and have interest in Tyson Chandler as well, according to sources.

The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called the Knicks, but they are reportedly weighing whether to propose a Pau-Gasol-for-Chandler deal.

The Knicks could consider moving Chandler if J.R. Smith is involved in the trade.

The Knicks have discussed Shumpert in trade conversations with the Denver Nuggets and Toronto Raptors, according to the report.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Re: Sources: Lakers Express Interest In Iman Shumpert, Tyson 

Post#2 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:09 am

They should push to include JR with Chandler rather than Shump, can trade him for another asset later on.
Credits to Jstock12
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#3 » by shangrila » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:49 am

Yeah, don't see the Knicks trading Chandler for Gasol. At least the Lakers are getting more realistic with their asking price though...
Trever1982
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#4 » by Trever1982 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:22 am

Why don't the Knicks trade the best assets for 1st round picks? if they get like 3 1st rounders this year they can trade and move into the top ten and get that PG or another great star they need to build around
i505
Junior
And1: 237

Post#5 » by i505 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:27 am

I don't see how this trade improves either team.
i505
Junior
And1: 237

Post#6 » by i505 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:30 am

Trever1982 wrote:Why don't the Knicks trade the best assets for 1st round picks? if they get like 3 1st rounders this year they can trade and move into the top ten and get that PG or another great star they need to build around

Best assets for 1st rounders? Do tell.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#7 » by Temuhjan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:04 am

Mitch Kupchak must be on crack to even entertain this idea. The Lakers are only a decent PG and a healthy Kobe away from contending. I would not break up the Bryant-Gasol tandem just to shake things up if I were him
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#8 » by shangrila » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:58 am

Temuhjan wrote:Mitch Kupchak must be on crack to even entertain this idea. The Lakers are only a decent PG and a healthy Kobe away from contending. I would not break up the Bryant-Gasol tandem just to shake things up if I were him

I'm sorry, who's on crack?

Even with a healthy Steve Blake, a returning-from-injury Kobe, past-his-prime Gasol and a bunch of role players does not a contender make. They'll make the playoffs with Gasol or Chandler, but neither would get them past the Indiana/Miami duo and THAT'S assuming they even make it out of the west, which I'd doubt.
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#9 » by Lindecision » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 am

Temuhjan wrote:The Lakers are only a decent PG and a healthy Kobe away from contending.

Contending for what? The 8 seed?
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#10 » by Temuhjan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Lindecision wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:The Lakers are only a decent PG and a healthy Kobe away from contending.

C'mon, the Lakers is only 4 games behind its division leader and cross town rival. And they made it that far with neither Kobe nor Nash for most of that period. It is not a stretch to suggest winning the 6th seed and making the conference semi.
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#11 » by Pukovnik » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:58 pm

This would actually be a pretty good deal for the Lakers. Chandler is a strong, defensive minded center, basically, everything Gasol is not, he would provide much needed stability for the Lakers in defense and as well the Center position. Shumpert would give them another edge on defense and he is still very young and is good investment for the future. Gasol, on the other hand, would fit perfectly with the Knicks, no defense, only offense matters.
MKG35
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#12 » by MKG35 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Trever1982 wrote:Why don't the Knicks trade the best assets for 1st round picks? if they get like 3 1st rounders this year they can trade and move into the top ten and get that PG or another great star they need to build around

Who in their right mind would give up 1st round picks for anything the Knicks have to offer.
MKG35
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#13 » by MKG35 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Temuhjan wrote:C'mon, the Lakers is only 4 games behind its division leader and cross town rival. And they made it that far with neither Kobe nor Nash for most of that period. It is not a stretch to suggest winning the 6th seed and making the conference semi.

Even if the Lakers make the playoffs they won't make it past the 1st or even 2nd round.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#14 » by The_Hater » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Temuhjan wrote:Mitch Kupchak must be on crack to even entertain this idea. The Lakers are only a decent PG and a healthy Kobe away from contending. I would not break up the Bryant-Gasol tandem just to shake things up if I were him

I'm guessing you meant contending as in contending for the 8th seed and just left that part out?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#15 » by HornetJail » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Is New York trying to implode?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#16 » by inquisitive » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Knicks are gonna package Shump and Stoud together...you know they want to get rid of Stoud
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#17 » by Cicero » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Temuhjan wrote:
Lindecision wrote:

C'mon, the Lakers is only 4 games behind its division leader and cross town rival. And they made it that far with neither Kobe nor Nash for most of that period. It is not a stretch to suggest winning the 6th seed and making the conference semi.

Lakers=potential contenders this year

ahhahahahahahhahhahhahahahahahahahaAahhahahhahahahaha

Contend for what, free tacos? Negro please.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#18 » by Donnyxc » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Biz Gilwalker wrote:Is New York trying to implode?

Sure looks like it.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#19 » by thegreenlife » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Kobe gonna make sure Chandler doesn't skip leg day
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,811

Post#20 » by nikster » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Temuhjan wrote:
Lindecision wrote:

Lakers are 5 spots behind the 8th seeed and thats with Blake & Farmar playing Great from the PG spot.
Even if there offense clicks there is no way they have the defense to win any series in the West

Return to Wiretap Discussion