Scouts: Bridgewater's Lack Of Size Makes Him Look Like 2nd Rounder

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Scouts: Bridgewater's Lack Of Size Makes Him Look Like 2nd Rounder 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Teddy Bridgewater is widely considered the best prospect at quarterback likely to be available in the 2014 NFL Draft.

"He's accurate, poised, smart, productive," said one AFC college scouting director. "The body type is the concern. You're gonna have to see him at the combine. He looks small and skinny to me. But he gets rid of the ball so quick and makes such good decisions, maybe you can live with that. If I had the first pick, I don't know that I'd see it, but if you're comfortable with his body, I can see where you would do it."

Another AFC college director called Bridgewater, "a second-rounder. Shorter and smallish in size, but he has solid arm strength, he's a good athlete, solid accuracy. Not dynamic or a special talent, but he has NFL starter-caliber skills, and he's a good kid with all the intangibles."

Via Albert Breer/NFL.com

Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Re: Scouts: Bridgewater's Lack Of Size Makes Him Look Like 2 

Post#2 » by Fresh360Waves » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:25 am

Ummm? Russell Wilson? Drew Brees? Do those names ring a bell?
hoopnharm
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#3 » by hoopnharm » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:Ummm? Russell Wilson? Drew Brees? Do those names ring a bell?

I recall they were drafted late and earned their keep? your logic is that teddy should be drafted in the first-round cuz of the performances of those two? cmon man..
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#4 » by Fresh360Waves » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:16 pm

hoopnharm wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:Ummm? Russell Wilson? Drew Brees? Do those names ring a bell?

I recall they were drafted late and earned their keep? your logic is that teddy should be drafted in the first-round cuz of the performances of those two? cmon man..

No I'm saying that height shouldn't matter in the draft and using Brees and Wilson as examples of QB's who aren't tall at all but are also succeeding in the NFL right now.
rpn123321
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#5 » by rpn123321 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:
hoopnharm wrote:

No I'm saying that height shouldn't matter in the draft and using Brees and Wilson as examples of QB's who aren't tall at all but are also succeeding in the NFL right now.

They aren't concerned with his height, he is 6'3" without shoes. The concern is his weight, they want him to be around 225. AFTER seeing him play last night, he seems to be a pretty good decision maker at that position.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#6 » by Fresh360Waves » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:05 pm

rpn123321 wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:
hoopnharm wrote:

They aren't concerned with his height, he is 6'3" without shoes. The concern is his weight, they want him to be around 225. AFTER seeing him play last night, he seems to be a pretty good decision maker at that position.

Ah that makes sense now. Well he could always bulk up during offseason and be ready for preseason.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion