Celtics Considering D-League Stint For Rajon Rondo's Return

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Celtics Considering D-League Stint For Rajon Rondo's Return 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:25 am

Brad Stevens said on Monday that the Boston Celtics are leaving open the possibility of giving Rajon Rondo an opportunity to get into basketball shape and continue his rehabilitation in the NBA D-League.

Rondo has not played since Jan. 25 after suffering a torn ACL and is expected to return this season.

"I would make that a decision on him and our staff," Stevens said. "That is something that has been discussed, probably some positives and negatives to that, but at the end of the day, it is an option as part of his rehabilitation."

The Maine Red Claws are the Celtics' D-League affiliate.

Rondo likely wouldn't return to the Celtics during their five-game West Coast road trip beginning on Jan. 5, but Stevens said he could spent time with Maine practicing and playing in D-League games before coming back to the NBA.

Via Gary Washburn/Boston Globe

ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Re: Celtics Considering D-League Stint For Rajon Rondo's Ret 

Post#2 » by ybnd » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:39 am

No way this will happen...sorry Maine
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#3 » by thegreenlife » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:41 am

And what good would the D League do for him...
SteveNizzy
Junior
And1: 8

Post#4 » by SteveNizzy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:57 am

can't see rondo agreeing, but would be fun to see him avg triple dubs in a dleague stint
themeccamsg
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by themeccamsg » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:46 am

I almost wish this would happen because it would piss off Rondo and speed up him asking Celtics for a trade. He would be a Knick much sooner if this was true... sadly we will have to wait a bit. Still think the deal will get done by the trade deadline.
RondoToKG
Head Coach
And1: 1,482

Post#6 » by RondoToKG » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:29 am

themeccamsg wrote:I almost wish this would happen because it would piss off Rondo and speed up him asking Celtics for a trade. He would be a Knick much sooner if this was true... sadly we will have to wait a bit. Still think the deal will get done by the trade deadline.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Josh88
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Josh88 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:03 am

themeccamsg wrote:I almost wish this would happen because it would piss off Rondo and speed up him asking Celtics for a trade. He would be a Knick much sooner if this was true... sadly we will have to wait a bit. Still think the deal will get done by the trade deadline.

what isn't wrong with this post?
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#8 » by arasu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:09 am

I would be surprised to see him play any official D-league games, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him join the Red Claws in practice, like Amare' did with the BayHawks.
DontHateMiami
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#9 » by DontHateMiami » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:56 pm

How much weed you smoking son??
SteveNizzy
Junior
And1: 8

Post#10 » by SteveNizzy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

LMAO! Rondo would never agree to join the "Snicks" he'd be better off in boston with danny ainges' good decision making.
The Watcher
Senior
And1: 171

Post#11 » by The Watcher » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:42 pm

You have to be the most delusional poster on RealGM.

NOBODY wants to play for the crappy Knicks! Terrible owner, really bad team, Carmelo leaving, no draft picks, and no end to the misery in sight. Get it?

At least this Knick's fan isnt delusional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jljy7SM3jpE
themeccamsg
Banned User

Post#12 » by themeccamsg » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:13 pm

The Watcher wrote:

NOBODY wants to play for the crappy Knicks! Terrible owner, really bad team, Carmelo leaving, no draft picks, and no end to the misery in sight. Get it?

The Knicks are ultimately still the mecca of basketball playing in the BIGGEST TV, MEDIA AND ENDORSEMENT CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. Carmelo is staying because he loves it here and wants the team to succeed. They are playing horribly right now but I am confident that Dolan and Co. can make the right moves to have a successful team next year and beyond!
The Watcher
Senior
And1: 171

Post#13 » by The Watcher » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:56 pm

themeccamsg wrote:
The Watcher wrote:

The Knicks are ultimately still the mecca of basketball playing in the BIGGEST TV, MEDIA AND ENDORSEMENT CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. Carmelo is staying because he loves it here and wants the team to succeed. They are playing horribly right now but I am confident that Dolan and Co. can make the right moves to have a successful team next year and beyond!

Riiiight.

What in the hell would make you confident that Dolan and Co can make the right moves to create success? Past history? Nope, definatly not. High draft picks? Nope, got none of those. Free agency? Nope, nobody significant available. Player development? ROFL no, you guys dont have any great young players. The best chance you have to build a winner is to pull off a swindle of a trade (you know, like the ones you love to suggest that no GM in their right mind would accept), and every GM in the league is not going to bail out the Knicks when they know that they are dealing from a position of extreme advantage.

Good luck with that huge media market creating a de facto winning basketball team. I can hear the boos from the MSG crowd now...
foo_oo00
Ballboy

Post#14 » by foo_oo00 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:57 pm

themeccamsg wrote:
The Watcher wrote:

Yeah because players are clamoring to play for the second worst team in the NBA. If Carmelo were going to resign, he would have signed an extension by now AND the Knicks have zero trade pieces to get Rondo. The Knicks would have to give away their first round draft picks for the next decade.

Return to Wiretap Discussion