Cartier Martin Won't Be Re-Signed By Bulls

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Cartier Martin Won't Be Re-Signed By Bulls 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:14 pm

The Chicago Bulls will not re-sign Cartier Martin, a league source told RealGM's Shams Charania.

Martin's second 10-day contract with the Bulls expired on Wednesday.

Martin had played limited minutes with the Bulls for most of his stay. Tom Thibodeau supported signing Martin for the remainder of the season.

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

MICHAEL_JORDAN
Banned User
And1: 124

Re: Cartier Martin Won't Be Re-Signed By Bulls 

Post#2 » by MICHAEL_JORDAN » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Wow. This means they're clearing more room for Melo. :lol:
truthiness
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#3 » by truthiness » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Tom Thibodeau supported signing Martin for the remainder of the season.

Are the Bulls just trying to spit in Thibs' face ?
Are they trying to make him quit ?

That seems like a great idea.
I hear Tim Floyd is available.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,893

Post#4 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:51 pm

I think its more a money thing. We dont have a need for him anymore with the recent trade for Toko.

We are probably waiting to see who else becomes avail and then we will try to sign them and cut james as well.
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Post#5 » by Rashidi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:53 pm

They might re-sign him later in the year (likely after the trade deadline), just aren't ready to commit for the full-season yet. The Bulls are on the tax threshold so every dollar they pay matters.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#6 » by Winsome Gerbil » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:04 pm

truthiness wrote:

That was some clear spin by the writer. Yes, I am sure that the straw that breaks the camel's back with Tom Thibodeau and Bulls management is going to be whether or not they keep Cartier Martin after 2 10day contracts. :lol:
truthiness
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#7 » by truthiness » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Winsome Gerbil wrote:
truthiness wrote:

That was some clear spin by the writer. Yes, I am sure that the straw that breaks the camel's back with Tom Thibodeau and Bulls management is going to be whether or not they keep Cartier Martin after 2 10day contracts. :lol:

I didn't say that.
But small things accumulate, and it does feel that anything Thibs wants, they do the opposite.
If he goes out in the middle of the night and says "it's dark outside", I half expect the Bulls' FO to release a statement saying "The sun is up, and it's never been brighter".
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#8 » by IMAN5 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Bulls are the cheapest winning organization out there.
instagram.com/510movement
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Post#9 » by Rashidi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:05 pm

truthiness wrote:But small things accumulate, and it does feel that anything Thibs wants, they do the opposite.

In this case, it's Thibs saying one thing and doing another.

If Thibs REALLY wanted Martin to stick then maybe he should have used him more than 22 minutes over the last 10 games. Aside from his 1st game (11 points in 26 mins), Martin did absolutely nothing with the Bulls. Why would the Bulls pay for a guy Thibs has no intention of using?

Thibs can say he loves Martin but it's clear he loves Jimmy Butler 1000x more. 42.6 mpg over the last 10 and despite only 36% shooting, he couldn't be bothered to sub Martin in.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#10 » by Donnyxc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Thibs should just say the opposite, so that Management will do the opposite of what he says.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#11 » by Jvaughn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:05 pm

IMAN5 wrote:Bulls are the cheapest winning organization out there.

Are we serious here? Cartier Martin was a 10 day signing. He was brought in as an injury replacement at the time. Why would we bring him back just to ride the pine?
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,812

Post#12 » by nikster » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:40 pm

Jvaughn wrote:

Are we serious here? Cartier Martin was a 10 day signing. He was brought in as an injury replacement at the time. Why would we bring him back just to ride the pine?

well the coach feels he should have been signed (a damn good coach too), so maybe he brought more to the team than just bench warming
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#13 » by Jvaughn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:35 pm

nikster wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

well the coach feels he should have been signed (a damn good coach too), so maybe he brought more to the team than just bench warming

As it was pointed out above, Martin played an average of 2 minutes after the one 26 minute game. Apparently he wasn't doing enough to justify more minutes. Unless he is a world class towel waiver or murdering cats in practice, he didn't justify a guaranteed contract for the rest of the year.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,812

Post#14 » by nikster » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:22 am

Jvaughn wrote:
nikster wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

As it was pointed out above, Martin played an average of 2 minutes after the one 26 minute game. Apparently he wasn't doing enough to justify more minutes. Unless he is a world class towel waiver or murdering cats in practice, he didn't justify a guaranteed contract for the rest of the year.

True, they could always use him as injury replacement
The Watcher
Senior
And1: 171

Post#15 » by The Watcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:44 am

Jvaughn wrote:
nikster wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

Well I would hope that if he was murdering cats in practice that somebody would at least get the SPCA involved :o

:lol:
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#16 » by ybnd » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:42 am

The Watcher wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
nikster wrote:well the coach feels he should have been signed (a damn good coach too), so maybe he brought more to the team than just bench warming

Well I would hope that if he was murdering cats in practice that somebody would at least get the SPCA involved :o

:lol:

Poor f ucking cats
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#17 » by IMAN5 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:29 pm

nikster wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

Exactly my point.
instagram.com/510movement
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#18 » by CHAMPi0N » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:50 pm

This internal battle between Thibs and management is slightly entertaining, but more so disturbing lol

They brought in Thibs to win, and now they won't listen to him. Granted, this article is about Cartier Martin (who is a journeyman, and can play on the sub-par teams) this is yet another instance where management flips off the head coach lol

It will certainly be interesting to see if Chicago can become a winner again through the GM... and what will happen to the coach. What a mess

Return to Wiretap Discussion