Frank Vogel 'Coaching For His Job' In Playoffs

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Frank Vogel 'Coaching For His Job' In Playoffs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Frank Vogel is "coaching for his job" despite a 56-win season, according to sources.

The Indiana Pacers began the season with a 40-11 record, but went just 16-15 during the rest of the season.

Larry Bird will ultimately make the decision about Vogel at season's end.

During the last week of the regular season, though, Bird told local ABC affiliate WRTV-6 that "I back Frank 100 percent."

Vogel received a two-year extension during the 12-13 season that keeps him under contract through 14-15.

Chris Broussard reports that the Pacers have missed the locker room presence of Brian Shaw, who often played the role of "bad cop" to keep the locker room from imploding.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Re: Frank Vogel 'Coaching For His Job' In Playoffs 

Post#2 » by Knicks Universe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Frank, you will only coach 3 more games for this team and then you will get fired. This team is having a historic implosion bigger than I've ever seen.
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#3 » by dkjjr » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:Frank, you will only coach 3 more games for this team and then you will get fired. This team is having a historic implosion bigger than I've ever seen.

Definitely more than 3. I would say 4 more in the first round (ATL wins 1), and then another 6-7 in the second round (BKN wins 4-2 or 4-3).
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#4 » by Knicks Universe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 pm

dkjjr wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:Frank, you will only coach 3 more games for this team and then you will get fired. This team is having a historic implosion bigger than I've ever seen.

Definitely more than 3. I would say 4 more in the first round (ATL wins 1), and then another 6-7 in the second round (BKN wins 4-2 or 4-3).

ATL will win the series. IND is imploding. ATL in 5 and BKN in 5. That's why I said 3 games left. Book it.
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,124

Post#5 » by jigga_man » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
dkjjr wrote:

ATL will win the series. IND is imploding. ATL in 5 and BKN in 5. That's why I said 3 games left. Book it.

Pacers face the winner of the Bulls/Wizards matchup in the second round not Raps/Nets
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#6 » by Knicks Universe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm

jigga_man wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
dkjjr wrote:

Pacers face the winner of the Bulls/Wizards matchup in the second round not Raps/Nets

I know that I'm just replying to the guy. ATL in 5 vs WAS in 4. MIA in 4 vs BKN in 5. My predictions.
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#7 » by dkjjr » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:01 pm

jigga_man wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
dkjjr wrote:

Oh, whoops. I still think the Pacers will win the series, and win a couple in the second round at least. They are regressing fast, but are still more talented than the Hawks and Bulls and Wizards which helps.
Robin_Banks
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Robin_Banks » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
jigga_man wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

I know that I'm just replying to the guy. ATL in 5 vs WAS in 4. MIA in 4 vs BKN in 5. My predictions.

SHUT UP. Tired of seeing your uneducated GUESSES. You said Raps were going to get swept, not BKN in 5? **** outta' here. Pacers are winning that series, too, by the way. YOU'RE SUCH A **** MORON. A LOSER. WHO SPENDS WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON REALGM, YOU PROBABLY CAN'T PLAY BALL EITHER.

**** I HATE SEEING YOUR STUPID ASS COMMENTS.... **** YOU'RE SO PATHETIC.
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#9 » by Knicks Universe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:31 pm

Robin_Banks wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
jigga_man wrote:

SHUT UP. Tired of seeing your uneducated GUESSES. You said Raps were going to get swept, not BKN in 5? **** outta' here. Pacers are winning that series, too, by the way. YOU'RE SUCH A **** MORON. A LOSER. WHO SPENDS WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON REALGM, YOU PROBABLY CAN'T PLAY BALL EITHER.

Breathe.
Robin_Banks
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#10 » by Robin_Banks » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
Robin_Banks wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

Breathe.

You're right. You're right... I'm just a sour Raptors fan and hate you keep dissin' on 'em. But **** man.....
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Robin_Banks wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
jigga_man wrote:

The ignore feature probably works far better than going off on a CAPSLOCK rant and looking like a complete fool.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#12 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:46 pm

naw, I've seen much worse...in fact 2013-2014 NYK season seemed pretty ugly :lol:
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#13 » by Knicks Universe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:55 pm

LApwnd wrote:

naw, I've seen much worse...in fact 2013-2014 NYK season seemed pretty ugly :lol:

This article is about the Pacers not Knicks.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#14 » by LApwnd » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:27 am

Knicks Universe wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

well being a knick fan you should be use to seeing bigger implosions 1st hand
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#15 » by Mr_Perfect » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:15 am

LApwnd wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

well being a knick fan you should be use to seeing bigger implosions 1st hand

Good trolljob. A+.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#16 » by JazzMatt13 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:31 am

Vogel had a strong team up until a certain point. Drama seems to be a factor. Something Knicks fans would know, hence why they don't have a HC, because he didn't realize he was being paid to babysit on top of coaching

At least my coach was just terrible, and technically wasn't fired. Still Pacers need to snap out of it, I don't want to see Heat in a Finals ever again, nor James and the Giant Peach.

Return to Wiretap Discussion