Image Image Image Image

Off Season Thread

Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Off Season Thread 

Post#1 » by Shootdabull » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Well we made our first big off season move. We signed the cuban slugger Jose Abreu who hold down first base for the south siders for the next six years if all goes well. I think this signals the end of Pauly's reign at first base. I think this is a good move, at least his cuban stats look very good. Hopefully Hahn has many more moves to come.
kwik10z
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Off Season Thread 

Post#2 » by kwik10z » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:56 am

Long time White sox fan here. I browse RealGM quite a bit, just never post.

I am glad to see that Adam "Spanky" Eaton has joined the White Sox. He is a stud, young outfielder with tremendous speed on the base-path.

My little brother played little league with Eaton, so I am a little biased, but I have a very good feeling about this trade.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#3 » by Shootdabull » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:01 pm

kwik10z wrote:Long time White sox fan here. I browse RealGM quite a bit, just never post.

I am glad to see that Adam "Spanky" Eaton has joined the White Sox. He is a stud, young outfielder with tremendous speed on the base-path.

My little brother played little league with Eaton, so I am a little biased, but I have a very good feeling about this trade.

I hope you right about Spanky. I have not seen him play yet but if he could duplicate his minor league stats we will be looking good. It will be nice to see some speed on the basepath. I am assuming we will put him in center - how is his fielding? Looks like he will be joining a fellow Reno Aces in Matt Davidson. We certainly can use the help!
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Fri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Pretty happy with where this team is at these days. Obviously you'd rather have everyone healthy, but considering the injuries and inexperience of a lot of players, we're looking pretty good.

A core of Sale, Garcia, Eaton, Abreu, Ramirez, Beckham, Davidson, etc is a great foundation to build on, and all are still quite young for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Off Season Thread 

Post#5 » by TNBT » Fri Jun 6, 2014 11:59 pm

What's everyone think about our draft? Loving the Rodon pick, and would like to see him get a shot ASAP, even if it's from the pen to start off. Also like the Adams pick in the 2nd round. Big kid with impressive repertoire already, and is only going to improve.

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#6 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 am

Pretty good draft.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by TNBT » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:34 pm

I like what Petricka and Putnam have shown, but I'm wondering what you guy want to do with the closer spot next season? I also follow the Yankees, and there's talk that they may let David Robertson walk and replace him with Betances at closer. I'm a big Robertson fan and I'd love to see him added to our pen, but I want to see what others think. We'd probably be looking to use that money on a new addition to the rotation, but I'd love to get Robertson here if we can afford it.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by TNBT » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:03 pm

So we've added a lefty to the pen, and LaRoche who will most likely DH and spell Abreu at 1st at times. There's also talk that the team are looking to move Alexi while he still has good value. The most common trade that I've heard has Alexi going to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp. Anything else happening this off-season that I haven't covered?
kwik10z
Freshman

Post#9 » by kwik10z » Tue Dec 9, 2014 1:41 pm

So we finally got Chris Sale some help in Samardzija, and a good quality closer in Robertson....so with Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Rodon and Danks as a starting rotation.....we should be pretty lethal. I don't know much about Robertson, except that he had a pretty good last season.

I am ready for the season to start...but I have a feeling we aren't done dealing/signing!!
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by TNBT » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:51 pm

I hear that Dee Gordon is available... any chance he can transition to second? He' not a power guy but he has great speed.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by TNBT » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:38 am

Just read that we've apparently signed Melky Cabrera to a 3 year deal. Just when I thought this off-season couldn't get any better...

kwik10z
Freshman

Post#12 » by kwik10z » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:12 pm

TNBT wrote:Just read that we've apparently signed Melky Cabrera to a 3 year deal. Just when I thought this off-season couldn't get any better...

this is going to be an exciting year!!
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by TNBT » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Hell yes!

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by TNBT » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:26 pm

I really don't know what I'm most excited about. We've made big moves like signing a huge upgrade over Tank in left, added that elite righty starter that we needed, replaced Konerko/Dunn (as far as adding a top notch power hitter to play DH and back up Abreu), signed possibly the best lefty reliever on the market and signed who I feel is one of the best closers in the world.

That's all incredibly exciting (obviously), but even our more minor moves still make me feel very positive. We got Ynoa, who obviously has a huge amount of potential and is still very young, despite his injury issues. We've added another lefty reliever in Jennings to help balance out the pen. I don't know much about him other than he's still young enough to keep developing and that the club had him high on their wish list, so they obviously rate him highly. We've also added a few other minor guys who I don't know much about.

So like I said, it's an exciting time to be a White Sox fan. We've made some big moves and acquired some high-end talent, but also made several minor moves which should also help us.

ptpablo
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#15 » by ptpablo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:34 pm

So....

Eaton
Cabrera
Abreu
LaRoche
Garcia
Ramirez
Gillespie
Who catches?
Who plays 2nd?
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by TNBT » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:34 pm

What I've read is that Flowers will catch for us, and as for 2nd, I'm not quite sure. I'm assuming it will be one of the young guys, unless we sign a fill-in vet in the meantime.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by TNBT » Mon Jan 5, 2015 2:39 pm

Guess this board slows down when all the big-money signings are done, but I just read that we've signed Emilio Bonifacio. I've never heard of the guy before, so can someone tell me a bit about him? Like where do you project him? Starter? Depth? Minor-leaguer?

Return to Chicago White Sox