Chris Bosh Wants To Play In Post More As Heat Break Habits Of Playing With LeBron

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Chris Bosh Wants To Play In Post More As Heat Break Habits Of Playing With LeBron 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Chris Bosh would like to not play with so much frequency on the perimeter and move into the post now that LeBron James is not the focal point of the Miami Heat offense.

"Old habits die hard," Bosh said. "It's what I've been doing for four years. That's what we needed, we needed to spread the floor. Now, we can kind of play in the interior a little more. We don't have that 6-8, 260-pound point guard that can get in the lane."

Missing eight games because of a calf strain allowed Bosh to reflect on what his game was lacking.

The Heat want Bosh to be more of a post presence. 

"Just getting closer to the basket," Bosh said. "I think I've been outside a little bit too much. It's a little easier to kind of float around and shoot a couple more threes but I need to get back to my game, which is 15 feet and in. I want to get to the post a lot more and I think I'm a lot deadlier when I'm closer to the basket. Those two-point shots are a lot better than 20 feet."

Via Ira Winderman/South Florida Sun Sentinel

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Re: Chris Bosh Wants To Play In Post More As Heat Break Habits Of Playing With LeBron 

Post#2 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:36 pm

Kudos to Bosh, dude has altered his game season from season to make all of this work. People really didn't appreciate his role/evolution as part of the big 3. Not sure how much of a low-post threat he can be when they go against Marc Gasol/Howard (those guys are much more physical) but he is heading in the right direction.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,035

Re: Chris Bosh Wants To Play In Post More As Heat Break Habits Of Playing With LeBron 

Post#3 » by ontnut » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Wasn't he the one who said at the beginning of the season that he wasn't going to go back to being the post scorer, the banger, the Raptors-lead-role guy he was before? Oh gosh, Bosh.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#4 » by LaRance » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Good stuff Bosh. He is very versatile. he can pretty much adapt and score any way he see's fit
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#5 » by twix2500 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:49 am

Its because the heat have him at center. Its natural to float further out if the man defending u is bigger and slower.

Return to Wiretap Discussion