Larry Sanders Denies He Wants To Stop Basketball, Admits He Must Correct Issues Before Return

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Larry Sanders Denies He Wants To Stop Basketball, Admits He Must Correct Issues Before Return 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 7, 2015 5:42 pm

Larry Sanders denied a report that he has told Milwaukee Bucks officials that he no longer wants to play basketball.

"Someone also told me that. I haven't seen that yet," Sanders said. "I figured with my absence that something was going to come out sooner than later. That's not true. But what is true I would say is that I'm in the process of working things out now internally to do what's best for my physique and my physical health going forward.

"There's a lot of evaluating going on. There's a lot of inside talk just to put myself in the best place for my health right now."

Sanders is in the first year of the four-year, $44 million contract he signed with the Bucks in August 2013.

"There's not right now," Sanders said of a timetable for his return. "I kind of go by recommendations, so I'm definitely keeping my ear to those who are close to me and see what they say is best for my health moving forward.

"I'm definitely making progress. I'm trying to get to the root of a lot of issues and get them corrected going forward. Without these things being corrected, I don't think basketball would be something I could even do. I have to work my way back to try to be able to play."

Via Charles F. Gardner/Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Re: Larry Sanders Denies He Wants To Stop Basketball, Admits He Must Correct Issues Before Return 

Post#2 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Jan 7, 2015 7:21 pm

I genuinely feel bad for this guy. People are ragging on him for leaving and quitting but, it seems like this is similar situation to Delonte West. Once the coconut goes crazy there ain't much someone can do to ignore it. The mind is a powerful thing. Hope he figures out his problem and can get back to playing Basketball at some point again.
radtech
Senior
And1: 46

Re: Larry Sanders Denies He Wants To Stop Basketball, Admits He Must Correct Issues Before Return 

Post#3 » by radtech » Wed Jan 7, 2015 11:13 pm

Does he still get paid if he is his own leave of absence? He didn't suffer a basketball related injury. And do the Bucks want him back now?, the Bucks might want to better their chances of finding his replacement in the upcoming draft.
jshow34
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#4 » by jshow34 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 12:55 am

The best for his "physique"? :lol: no way he meant to say that. Numbnuts
unvi2
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#5 » by unvi2 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 3:05 am

I agree with knicksfan until we get to "playing basketball again". I am a Bucks fan and a Larry Sanders fan but on a human level I just hope he "figures it out". Without the caveat. I really do want to see him ballin again for the Bucks, but that's for my own selfish reasons. I hope he does figure it out and if nba basketball is a part of it, great. If not, all the best Larry.
The Watcher
Senior
And1: 171

Post#6 » by The Watcher » Thu Jan 8, 2015 4:40 am

This ma'f'er is high on dat kush when he made these comments, he's being cryptic and barely-understandable

Larry, PUT THE BONG DOWN

Return to Wiretap Discussion