The Useless Dion Waiters

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

The Useless Dion Waiters 

Post#1 » by Goudelock » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Why did OKC trade for him? From the games that I've seen, all he does is fire up brick after brick, and doesn't seem to play great defense or pass well. And his shot selection is awful (Josh Smith in ATL level). I think that the thunder would be better served to take all of Waiter's shots and give them to Durant (when healthy) or Ibaka and Kanter (when Durant's not healthy).
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,482

Re: The Useless Dion Waiters 

Post#2 » by Jaivl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Because Jackson is leaving and we don't have a cheaper, lessjeremy egomaniacallamb player in the same role.

And don't get me started about Kancer Kanter.
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Goudelock » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:08 pm

Jaivl wrote:Because Jackson is leaving and we don't have a cheaper, lessjeremy egomaniacallamb player in the same role.

And don't get me started about Kancer Kanter.

Two Questions: Why doesn't Lamb play more? Maybe he's not great defensively, but wouldn't he be a better option than watching Andre Roberson flail helplessly on offense?

And what's your problem with Kanter? I've only seen two Jazz games, which were both against the hawks. He seems to be fairly skilled, and certainly a HUGE upgrade over Perkins.
bmann626
Senior
And1: 456

Post#4 » by bmann626 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Cavs fans told you sooooo. The problem with Dion Waiters is that his favorite player is Dion Waiters. He carries himself with the confidence of LeBron James and tries to take the same shots as a top 3 player does. He has a horrible jumper with almost all of his shots being contested and he also cant make a layup or finish at the rim to save his life. He makes the dribble move to get to the basket nicely then bricks the contested layup attempt every.single.time.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Goudelock » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:35 pm

I'll agree on the ego part. I think that OKC has three players that think they're the best.

KD is the best.

Westbrook is pretty close to being the best.

Waiters is just an irrational egomaniac.
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#6 » by JLei » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:41 pm

He's an above average on ball defender and doesn't turn the ball over that much (he's already taken a horrible shot before most turnovers can commence).

Other than that I got nothing. Anyone who follows the Lebron thread knows that I'm firmly in the Dion Waiters sucks monkey ass club. Enjoy Mr. Step Back OKC. Hopefully these trades they made have gotten his replacements (Augustin and Singler) and he doesn't play in the playoffs.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
Jaivl
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Jaivl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:12 pm

PockyCandy wrote:And what's your problem with Kanter? I've only seen two Jazz games, which were both against the hawks. He seems to be fairly skilled, and certainly a HUGE upgrade over Perkins.

Huge ego, defensive cancer (easily last center on DRPM, I think last year was the same), unidimensional player who isn't good at the only thing he is supposed to be good at (scoring: 53.5 TS%).
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Goudelock » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Jaivl wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:And what's your problem with Kanter? I've only seen two Jazz games, which were both against the hawks. He seems to be fairly skilled, and certainly a HUGE upgrade over Perkins.

Huge ego, defensive cancer (easily last center on DRPM, I think last year was the same), unidimensional player who isn't good at the only thing he is supposed to be good at (scoring: 53.5 TS%).

But he's still better than Perkins, right?
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,531

Post#9 » by Greatness » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:07 pm

PockyCandy wrote:
Jaivl wrote:

Not defensively. Kanter is one of the worst pick and roll/pop guys in the league, in the 20th percentile. We already know OKC doesn't feed the post since it takes away shots from Durant and Westbrook, so what exactly does Kanter bring to the table? He's a terrible shooter and the worst defensive big man in all of basketball. I think he'll hurt OKC more than help.
Jaivl
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Jaivl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:23 pm

PockyCandy wrote:But he's still better than Perkins, right?

Not really. At least Perkins was somehow useful on defense and was a locker room leader. Kanter is Waiters 2.0.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#11 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Greatness wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:
Jaivl wrote:Huge ego, defensive cancer (easily last center on DRPM, I think last year was the same), unidimensional player who isn't good at the only thing he is supposed to be good at (scoring: 53.5 TS%).

Not defensively. Kanter is one of the worst pick and roll/pop guys in the league, in the 20th percentile. We already know OKC doesn't feed the post since it takes away shots from Durant and Westbrook, so what exactly does Kanter bring to the table? He's a terrible shooter and the worst defensive big man in all of basketball. I think he'll hurt OKC more than help.

I'm assuming the idea is to make Kanter a 6th man so they don't always have to have Westbrook or Durant on the court.
TRNBA12
Junior
And1: 176

Post#12 » by TRNBA12 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:26 pm

That was a very bad trade. Not only because of giving up a 1st for a bad player but paying 5 mil to him in 2015-2016 for a team who will be in lux tax is an issue.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#13 » by GYK » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:45 pm

I think the Jackson trade is the only trade the Thunder won in the Durant era.
I hope he learns to check himself.

Return to Player Comparisons