R.J. Hunter Reminds Scouts Of Klay Thompson

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

R.J. Hunter Reminds Scouts Of Klay Thompson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Georgia State's R.J. Hunter entered the season with many scouts expecting him to be an eventual lottery pick.

Hunter, however, has been in a shooting slump all season that could be blamed on how teams defend him.

According to Chad Ford, some scouts are reminded of a young Klay Thompson when they watch Hunter.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

real1g
Sophomore
And1: 15

Re: R.J. Hunter Reminds Scouts Of Klay Thompson 

Post#2 » by real1g » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:48 pm

wait so a guy who plays in a god-awful conference isn't shooting well because of how the god-awful teams defend him? sounds like he'll transition well to playing against nba-level defenses.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:52 pm

real1g wrote:wait so a guy who plays in a god-awful conference isn't shooting well because of how the god-awful teams defend him? sounds like he'll transition well to playing against nba-level defenses.

Yep. That was my exact thought when I read this.
Dooberstein
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#4 » by Dooberstein » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
real1g wrote:wait so a guy who plays in a god-awful conference isn't shooting well because of how the god-awful teams defend him? sounds like he'll transition well to playing against nba-level defenses.

He won't be doubled in the NBA
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#5 » by sonictecture » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:45 pm

Dooberstein wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

He won't be doubled in the NBA

Because he projects as a role player and not a top 3 offensive option like Klay?
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#6 » by ohio » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:26 am

you know, I wasn't sure of his race, if he was white, I'd go with the prototipical white college shooter route and call him a bust right now... we don't need another Jimmer, Stauskas, etc, we know how that story ends, we seen it many times.

But research confirmed that RJ Hunter is indeed black, very light skinned but he's black, a son of a coach (that's known enough to have a wiki page), and he's a shooter in college. By all means this points to Steph Curry or Klay Thompson, except Steph and Klay are sons of former NBA players.

But so are Seth and Mychel.

If I was Warriors I'd pick him up with my first rounder this year.

We shall see.
Brovva Blaqq
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#7 » by Brovva Blaqq » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:12 am

ohio wrote:you know, I wasn't sure of his race, if he was white, I'd go with the prototipical white college shooter route and call him a bust right now... we don't need another Jimmer, Stauskas, etc, we know how that story ends, we seen it many times.

But research confirmed that RJ Hunter is indeed black, very light skinned but he's black, a son of a coach (that's known enough to have a wiki page), and he's a shooter in college. By all means this points to Steph Curry or Klay Thompson, except Steph and Klay are sons of former NBA players.

We shall see.

Not Sayin your wrong or nothing, but man thats racist.
real1g
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#8 » by real1g » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:57 pm

ohio wrote:you know, I wasn't sure of his race, if he was white, I'd go with the prototipical white college shooter route and call him a bust right now... we don't need another Jimmer, Stauskas, etc, we know how that story ends, we seen it many times.

We shall see.

you're an idiot.

Return to Wiretap Discussion