12 and Exum

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,957

12 and Exum 

Post#1 » by goober » Tue May 12, 2015 3:14 am

Just throwing this out there to see what the Jazz can get.

What player could the Jazz get with pick 12 and Dante Exum?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Re: 12 and Exum 

Post#2 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:26 am

Gobert wrote:Just throwing this out there to see what the Jazz can get.

Rubio, Martin, Dieng for Exum, 12, Booker (send Booker to 3rd team for vet PG or SG Wolves need).
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#3 » by chuckdevlin » Tue May 12, 2015 3:44 am

KLow
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#4 » by Note30 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:50 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Rubio, Martin, Dieng for Exum, 12, Booker (send Booker to 3rd team for vet PG or SG Wolves need).

.... bro. If you're gonna suggest a trade atleast suggest one that helps the Wolves.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#5 » by Winglish » Tue May 12, 2015 3:53 am

chuckdevlin wrote:KLow

That puts Utah in the playoffs for sure. Might have to do that one if I'm Utah.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#6 » by stitches » Tue May 12, 2015 4:00 am

Winglish wrote:
chuckdevlin wrote:KLow

That puts Utah in the playoffs for sure. Might have to do that one if I'm Utah.

That's overpaying for Klow, but I'm higher on Exum than most...
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#7 » by Mr Sixer » Tue May 12, 2015 4:25 am

Exum is not getting traded any time soon. He'd be getting sold way too low.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#8 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:28 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Rubio value on RGM is all over the place, and definitely higher for Wolves than other teams...other than maybe a team like Utah who must feel they are a PG away. Exum must value out at Rubio with little higher ceiling being he is 20yo and might be able to develop a shot (which Rubio with a huge pro sample size hasn't been able to do). Win-win PG swap...Jazz get Rubio and accelerate their PG production by years while they have a core locked and loaded for playoff run...while Wolves get higher ceiling PG who has time to develop with Wiggina and their top 4 pick.

Martin + Dieng to me equals #12 + Vet PG/SG Booker NG deal can land Wolves in 3rd team trade...and with #12 Wolves select player who compliments Oak or KAT. For Jazz, Martin teaches Burks/Hood the NBA ropes while Dieng becomes part of 3 big frontcourt trio with Gobert and Favors.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,957

Post#9 » by goober » Tue May 12, 2015 4:28 am

Mr Sixer wrote:Exum is not getting traded any time soon. He'd be getting sold way too low.

Yeah I know, this is more of to prove a point to another user :lol:
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,602

Post#10 » by youngthegiant » Tue May 12, 2015 4:46 am

Something around Lawson and another vet like Wilson Chandler.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#11 » by tmorgan » Tue May 12, 2015 5:13 am

The Jazz knew, when picking Exum, that it was going to take at least three years for him to be a good NBA player. Gobert's sudden development has pushed forward their timetable a little, but that's no reason to ditch Exum. Find a starting quality PG without including Dante... use picks and Burke. Hell, if they can't find a better deal, the Nuggets might take 12 and Burke for Lawson.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#12 » by KqWIN » Tue May 12, 2015 5:50 am

There's a huge difference between what they could get and what's enough to trade him. He's not getting traded because you don't trade players just to trade them.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#13 » by jimmy keys » Tue May 12, 2015 9:53 am

tmorgan wrote:The Jazz knew, when picking Exum, that it was going to take at least three years for him to be a good NBA player. Gobert's sudden development has pushed forward their timetable a little, but that's no reason to ditch Exum. Find a starting quality PG without including Dante... use picks and Burke. Hell, if they can't find a better deal, the Nuggets might take 12 and Burke for Lawson.

That's horrible return for Lawson. Burke has no value and the 12th pick is a mediocre asset as well. If you really want an upgrade at the 1, then Exum is the only piece the Jazz might consider trading with any value.

The starting PG's that might be available wouldn't be traded without Exum. So guys like Lawson, Lowry, Holiday & Rubio won't get traded for Burke plus the 12. If Exum is included than the other team might sweeten the offer a bit, but his value has nosedived since this time last year.
EireannX
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#14 » by EireannX » Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 pm

tmorgan wrote:The Jazz knew, when picking Exum, that it was going to take at least three years for him to be a good NBA player. Gobert's sudden development has pushed forward their timetable a little, but that's no reason to ditch Exum. Find a starting quality PG without including Dante... use picks and Burke. Hell, if they can't find a better deal, the Nuggets might take 12 and Burke for Lawson.

Exum is starting quality. Everyone focuses on the offensive numbers, but he became our starter because he had a massive positive effect on the defensive end.

In a Lineup with Burks, Hayward and Favors we don't need nor want a ball dominant PG who needs to jack up 10 shots. If Exum can evolve into a more reliable 3 shooter and maintain his D our team will be well spaced and well balanced. I don't think there is any reason to trade that for a flashy no defence PG who needs get his.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 12, 2015 3:22 pm

Gobert wrote:
Mr Sixer wrote:Exum is not getting traded any time soon. He'd be getting sold way too low.

Yeah I know, this is more of to prove a point to another user :lol:

really not a fan of people starting threads with this as the motivation.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#16 » by tmorgan » Tue May 12, 2015 7:31 pm

EireannX wrote:

Exum is starting quality. Everyone focuses on the offensive numbers, but he became our starter because he had a massive positive effect on the defensive end.

In a Lineup with Burks, Hayward and Favors we don't need nor want a ball dominant PG who needs to jack up 10 shots. If Exum can evolve into a more reliable 3 shooter and maintain his D our team will be well spaced and well balanced. I don't think there is any reason to trade that for a flashy no defence PG who needs get his.

Exum is NOT a starting quality point guard at this point, defense or no. I suppose if he was playing with LeBron or some other forward truly capable of running the offense, you could get by, but Hayward's not THAT good of a facilitator. I think the kid showed plenty as a young rookie to believe in him long term, but if Utah wants to do anything in the playoffs besides show up, they'll need more than Exum is currently providing.

He could, of course, make major strides by next year, but that's asking a lot from a teenager. Get someone better than Burke (not difficult) in the meantime.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#17 » by tmorgan » Tue May 12, 2015 7:35 pm

jimmy keys wrote:

That's horrible return for Lawson. Burke has no value and the 12th pick is a mediocre asset as well. If you really want an upgrade at the 1, then Exum is the only piece the Jazz might consider trading with any value.

The starting PG's that might be available wouldn't be traded without Exum. So guys like Lawson, Lowry, Holiday & Rubio won't get traded for Burke plus the 12. If Exum is included than the other team might sweeten the offer a bit, but his value has nosedived since this time last year.

Just my opinion, my you -- I don't think Lawson is perceived to be as good by the league as he is by RealGM. A good player, yes, but just a borderline top ten PG. I do agree that Burke and 12 isn't a particularly good offer, but I'm not sure exactly what Denver can get for him.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#18 » by skywalker33 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:38 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Something around Lawson and another vet like Wilson Chandler.

I could go for this ! 8-)
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#19 » by MrPerfect1 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:56 pm

I'd offer #17, Henson or Ersan , Ennis, and Next Year's Unprotected #1 for #12 + Exum
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 361

Post#20 » by Xman » Tue May 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Utah has a few trade assets:
Burke
about $17 mil in cap space
its own firsts
GS 2017 unprotected 1st
OKC 2018 heavy protected first

If it decides to go after a guy - it can get him. And, it has the cap space to just take salary.

If they decided Lawson was the guy -
Burke, #12, the lower of Utah/GS #1 in 2017, OKC 2018 1st - that would be enough to get him.

Or, send something similar to Boston for IThomas.

Boston and Denver would both greatly benefit form the picks.

Return to Trades and Transactions