ImageImageImageImageImage

Stephen A Smith on the Knicks (Jerry Ferrara special guest)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#41 » by kane2021 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:29 pm

His act is so predictable. It's really getting played out.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using RealGM Forums mobile app
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Re: Stephen A Smith on the Knicks (Jerry Ferrara special guest) 

Post#42 » by CharlesOakley » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Whenever I find myself with the same opinion as SAS I know it's time to rethink my opinion. This guy doesn't know anything about basketball. Monroe will put up more numbers than RoLo but RoLo will impact winning and losing more. The Zinger has shown better defensive instincts in one summer league game than either KAT or Okafor so far. The triangle main not need incredible point guard play but it does need shooting and defense from both guard spots and Grant can do both. Phil Jackson has a plan A, B, C etc. as he should. Should he not adapt to the realities of the NBA and the hand he was dealt? We can win 50 games this year and go to the Eastern Conference Finals and this guy will still complain. He thinks he is a lot smarter than he is. He is only smarter than idiots who watch him and believe him.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,817

Post#43 » by knicks94 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:43 pm

If Porzingis' name was Kris Johnson and he had an afro and tattoos, SAS would be raving about how the Knicks selected the second coming of Ewing.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#44 » by Marty McFly » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:55 pm

he's probably getting paid extra by espn for this bull quite honestly.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#45 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:That Stephen A Smith hates the Knicks draft and free agency is the best sign that Phil is on the right track. We are winning 60 games next season now.

Why? Has that ever worked for us in the past?

I never thought the Knick fan police was real until I visited this board. I had no idea what SAS and Rocco were talking about all those years.

But dear god folks the man has the right to his opinion and you have a right to yours. It's almost like some of you think if you stamp out any sort of negative discussion regarding the Knicks that will somehow change how things turn out.
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#46 » by Ganji » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Traveyknicks23 wrote:Lol that's actually painful to watch and see how misinformed they all are none of their points connect lol

yup saying he is 220 lbs, not sure what height he is... one would think they would do some research, but their main point is, he is Euro, Murica is much better...
Knicked_Up
Sixth Man
And1: 59

Post#47 » by Knicked_Up » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:19 pm

SAS a big reason I don't turn on ESPN anymore. The network is a joke.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#48 » by Marty McFly » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:25 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:That Stephen A Smith hates the Knicks draft and free agency is the best sign that Phil is on the right track. We are winning 60 games next season now.

I never thought the Knick fan police was real until I visited this board. I had no idea what SAS and Rocco were talking about all those years.

But dear god folks the man has the right to his opinion and you have a right to yours. It's almost like some of you think if you stamp out any sort of negative discussion regarding the Knicks that will somehow change how things turn out.

so, what was the point of your post? to point out that people have the right to disagree? all the while complaining about people who disagree? you're arguing just to argue. and leave god out of this. he's got more pressing matters. like not being in the next ghostbusters movie.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Concrete Jungle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,084

Post#49 » by Concrete Jungle » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:49 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:

you dont see our point at all
:banghead:
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#50 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:51 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
captvict wrote:He is an instigator for sure...but I bet there are a few fans that agree with him....

I like Phil's offseason moves but he brings up valid points. This was never the plan.

Everyone thought it would be a re-tool like the Heat. He's entitled to feel hoodwinked.

I said the same thing a couple of days ago before SAS put Phil on blast but we didn't bring Phil to sign a bunch of JAGs. We brought him to attract superstars.

I can understand him feeling hoodwinked I feel the same. The dude couldn't even get a meeting with LMA and Monroe chose the Bucks over us. Let that settle in for a moment the Bucks. It's seems like the only one is hoodwinked is ya'll because the rest of the NBA has caught on long ago to the fraud that is Phil Jackson.

One of the worst parts of his tenure is that he basically squandered our two best assets and got nothing and when I mean nothing I mean nothing. With shump we got cap relief but he opted out from the cavs so that was pointless. With Chandler we got an albatross with Calderon and a whole lot junk. The only other intriguing piece (Larkin) wasn't even offered a contract.

But thats to be expected really. Phil doesn't have any FO office experience. I wasn't expecting him to win trades or the draft. If we wanted to do a proper rebuild we should have targeted someone with an analtics background or a scouting background. Phil was brought in for the glitz and glamor to make NY attractive to free agents. That's his real failure. The truth is Riley track record regarding the draft is mixed as well. The difference is he manages to land the Bosh's, Lebrons, Dengs, Dragic, Shaqs of the world. Somehow we end up Lopez, Williams, Quinns, Affalo. Riley shopping for armani and Phil a savane. That's just unacceptable.

The worst part of our current situation is that we don't even a direction we can go in. We don't own our pick and we don't own anybody elses so it's not like we can tank. Phil doesn't seem to be able to get a difference maker to want to play for us. Heck, we aren't even good enough to treadmill. So whats left? Nothing. This team is on a road to nowhere.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#51 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:02 pm

SAS is a walking cliché but enough people around the country bite, which is why he stays around. I don't have a problem with his hate. I just wished he was more creative.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#52 » by mugzi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Milk wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJmpEDNUMM[/youtube]

Some of the things he said in this video: :crazy:
What a fool.

Ps: Cari's replacement is cute.

YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
mugzi
General Manager

Post#53 » by mugzi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:05 pm

Marty McFly wrote:he's probably getting paid extra by espn for this bull quite honestly.

I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Traveyknicks23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Post#54 » by Traveyknicks23 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:06 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
captvict wrote:He is an instigator for sure...but I bet there are a few fans that agree with him....

I like Phil's offseason moves but he brings up valid points. This was never the plan.

Everyone thought it would be a re-tool like the Heat. He's entitled to feel hoodwinked.

I said the same thing a couple of days ago before SAS put Phil on blast but we didn't bring Phil to sign a bunch of JAGs. We brought him to attract superstars.

I can understand him feeling hoodwinked I feel the same. The dude couldn't even get a meeting with LMA and Monroe chose the Bucks over us. Let that settle in for a moment the Bucks. It's seems like the only one is hoodwinked is ya'll because the rest of the NBA has caught on long ago to the fraud that is Phil Jackson.

One of the worst parts of his tenure is that he basically squandered our two best assets and got nothing and when I mean nothing I mean nothing. With shump we got cap relief but he opted out from the cavs so that was pointless. With Chandler we got an albatross with Calderon and a whole lot junk. The only other intriguing piece (Larkin) wasn't even offered a contract.

But thats to be expected really. Phil doesn't have any FO office experience. I wasn't expecting him to win trades or the draft. If we wanted to do a proper rebuild we should have targeted someone with an analtics background or a scouting background. Phil was brought in for the glitz and glamor to make NY attractive to free agents. That's his real failure. The truth is Riley track record regarding the draft is mixed as well. The difference is he manages to land the Bosh's, Lebrons, Dengs, Dragic, Shaqs of the world. Somehow we end up Lopez, Williams, Quinns, Affalo. Riley shopping for armani and Phil a savane. That's just unacceptable.

The worst part of our current situation is that we don't even a direction we can go in. We don't own our pick and we don't own anybody elses so it's not like we can tank. Phil doesn't seem to be able to get a difference maker to want to play for us. Heck, we aren't even good enough to treadmill. So whats left? Nothing. This team is on a road to nowhere.

Phil was brought in here to change this organization and the way it has been run point blank period attracting superstars was the plus but the main thing was changing the basketball culture ..are you that disconnected from wtf is going on here as a fan ? Keep it 100 right now and stop parroting the bs you heard others say lamarcus is from Texas and he wanted the Spurs all along gasol was the other but him and Memphis are attached at the hip we had no shot this years free agent crop wasn't great outside of lamarcus and gasol wasn't much left and I know you ain't pressed over losing Greg Monroe ? The same Greg Monroe that damn near half the board didn't want lol actually I don't even call it losing out it was more so that while Phil may have wanted him do t think he was willing to break the bank on someone with his skill level and fit on this team we got what we got but the team is being built differently with guys who want to be here gone are the days of the patch work quick fixes like Andrea and jr now we have guys who will work hard night in and out and those are the best type of players to surround a talent like Melo with I mean you have to start somewhere this is where it starts for us whether you like it or not this is what it is the damage was done. Already by those of the past who have made terrible basketball choices that hurt this franchise when you establish a successful basketball club everything changes for the better and the pieces come together and fall in place everything else your is fluff I mean talking about what he could have gotten in deals to me are a dead issue you know how low those players values were at the time that and their attitudes reflected their play and Phil did what he could to remove them as you can clearly see not a single one of those trades we ended up regretting but if you wanna take that lame ass attitude go ahead yo ass will be right on back on that zen nuttsack right when the team starts winning lol so go ahead and get it out of your system now
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,183

Post#55 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:09 pm

SAS is a humanoid probing device placed on Earth by a malevolent alien race to gather information on humanity's tolerance for aggressive stupidity and self-felching grandstandery.
ImageImageImage
mugzi
General Manager

Post#56 » by mugzi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:10 pm

Travey And1 for you buddy. ^
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#57 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Traveyknicks23 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Phil was brought in here to change this organization and the way it has been run point blank period attracting superstars was the plus but the main thing was changing the basketball culture ..are you that disconnected from wtf is going on here as a fan ? Keep it 100 right now and stop parroting the bs you heard others say lamarcus is from Texas and he wanted the Spurs all along we had no shot this years free agent crop wasn't great outside of lamarcus and gasol wasn't much left we got what we got but the team is building built differently with guys who want to be here gone are the days of the patch work quick fixes like Andrea and jr you have to start somewhere this is where it starts for us whether you like it or not this is what it is the damage was done. Already by those of the past establish a successful basketball club all everything changes the everything else is fluff talking about what he could have gotten in deals to me are a dead issue if you wanna take that lame ass attitude go ahead yo ass will be right on that zen nuttsack right when the team starts winning lol

I think it's obvious he wanted the spurs but Bosh is from Texas too and the rumor was going to Dallas then again after the big three disbanded Houston. Both times Riley managed to convince him the Heat were the better option...even after Lebron left and Hou had Howard and Harden.

LMA was looking for someone to convince him off the Spurs. No other team managed to do it. Phil couldn't even manage to get a meeting. Heck RIley managed to get a meeting and he didn't even have a spot for him
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#58 » by rammagen » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:26 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

SAS is that you? because if you watched or read anything he did not offer the max to Monroe, so he followed the money. After talking with the agent for LMA they both decided not to waste eachothers time. And the next target was the center that has changed mind and left a franchise high and ry named Jordan.

if you watch the summer league game KP looked fine 12 points 2 blocks and 3 rebounds with two fouls how did towns look with his 12 points and 9 fouls. Why is one an acceptable project and the other isn't?

As far as direction you can go in for the team if anyone should feel hoodwinked it is the fans. Carmelo for not getting his buddies to play for the Knicks', he was supposed to go out and talk to people and he failed where is the blame for him?

But back to direction for the team by building smart and not caving into the pressure by idiots wanting head lines PJ has buil;t a team that should get to the playoffs. Case in point
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/07/07/surprise-the-knicks-may-actually-know-what-theyre-doing/
but if we listen to the living idiot we might have passed on the player with the most upside in the entire draft. That is not my opinion but the opinion of NBA people
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/27/8474249/kristaps-porzingis-nba-draft-2015-scouting-report
the thread on here look it up...
or
http://nypost.com/2015/07/13/one-nba-great-thinks-knicks-porzingis-is-a-freak-of-nature/

So should we believe the rants of someone who needs hits or the greater belief of people in the business who are not dependent on making a scene to make their money
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#59 » by kane2021 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:27 pm

We signed Phil to overhaul a rotten foundation. Meaning the core of this franchise. I been telling guys this is going to be a 4 year project. No one wants to believe it because they are too impatient. This is phase 2. Establish an image and style of play. We have a new starting 5 of players who hustle, play defense and play with passion. Players who on managble contracts that can be moved if need be. Instead of players who have big names, that dont fit and are on contracts that assure the franchise they will be stuck here until the trade dead line on their final year.

There was no franchise changing talent in this free agent class. There were all stars making franchise changing money instead. Bare in mind this team was a bottom feeder. Adding an allstar does not flip the script in one season I dont care what anyone says. Fact is we will be a more fluid team this year doing what we did. Than had we threw all the money at one guy and filled the roster with bums.

The problem with knick fans that think like Smith is they are too full of themselves and feel that they are owed something. As if simply being the knicks in NY means we are the yankees of basketball. This franchise has been overwhelmed with turmoil. The pressure is too great and the odds are too far stacked against your average all star to get stuck on the knicks roster while the ship sinks another year. While fans and clowns like smith trash your character for not being a one man savior.

Players are not signing contracts to play with the president of basketball operations. Phil Jackson does not coach the team. Melo is not Jordan. This was and has been an awful team. Stop blaming Phil Jackson and everyone else for your own unrealistic blown out of proportion expectations. Come to earth. You taking what is a step in the right direction,.. and pissing all over it because you feel you deserve more. I mean,.. just get over yourself.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,451

Post#60 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:36 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:

SAS has the right to his opinion, but he is either clueless or just says stuff to fire people up. When he praises a move it goes bad. Example: he always defended Isiah crappy moves. So maybe now it'll turn out good.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce

Return to New York Knicks