ImageImageImageImageImage

Stephen A Smith on the Knicks (Jerry Ferrara special guest)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Re: Stephen A Smith on the Knicks (Jerry Ferrara special guest) 

Post#61 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:40 pm

rammagen wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
I like Phil's offseason moves but he brings up valid points. This was never the plan.

Everyone thought it would be a re-tool like the Heat. He's entitled to feel hoodwinked.

I said the same thing a couple of days ago before SAS put Phil on blast but we didn't bring Phil to sign a bunch of JAGs. We brought him to attract superstars.

I can understand him feeling hoodwinked I feel the same. The dude couldn't even get a meeting with LMA and Monroe chose the Bucks over us. Let that settle in for a moment the Bucks. It's seems like the only one is hoodwinked is ya'll because the rest of the NBA has caught on long ago to the fraud that is Phil Jackson.

One of the worst parts of his tenure is that he basically squandered our two best assets and got nothing and when I mean nothing I mean nothing. With shump we got cap relief but he opted out from the cavs so that was pointless. With Chandler we got an albatross with Calderon and a whole lot junk. The only other intriguing piece (Larkin) wasn't even offered a contract.

But thats to be expected really. Phil doesn't have any FO office experience. I wasn't expecting him to win trades or the draft. If we wanted to do a proper rebuild we should have targeted someone with an analtics background or a scouting background. Phil was brought in for the glitz and glamor to make NY attractive to free agents. That's his real failure. The truth is Riley track record regarding the draft is mixed as well. The difference is he manages to land the Bosh's, Lebrons, Dengs, Dragic, Shaqs of the world. Somehow we end up Lopez, Williams, Quinns, Affalo. Riley shopping for armani and Phil a savane. That's just unacceptable.

The worst part of our current situation is that we don't even a direction we can go in. We don't own our pick and we don't own anybody elses so it's not like we can tank. Phil doesn't seem to be able to get a difference maker to want to play for us. Heck, we aren't even good enough to treadmill. So whats left? Nothing. This team is on a road to nowhere.

SAS is that you? because if you watched or read anything he did not offer the max to Monroe, so he followed the money. After talking with the agent for LMA they both decided not to waste eachothers time. And the next target was the center that has changed mind and left a franchise high and ry named Jordan.

if you watch the summer league game KP looked fine 12 points 2 blocks and 3 rebounds with two fouls how did towns look with his 12 points and 9 fouls. Why is one an acceptable project and the other isn't?

As far as direction you can go in for the team if anyone should feel hoodwinked it is the fans. Carmelo for not getting his buddies to play for the Knicks', he was supposed to go out and talk to people and he failed where is the blame for him?

But back to direction for the team by building smart and not caving into the pressure by idiots wanting head lines PJ has buil;t a team that should get to the playoffs. Case in point
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/07/07/surprise-the-knicks-may-actually-know-what-theyre-doing/
but if we listen to the living idiot we might have passed on the player with the most upside in the entire draft. That is not my opinion but the opinion of NBA people
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/27/8474249/kristaps-porzingis-nba-draft-2015-scouting-report
the thread on here look it up...
or
http://nypost.com/2015/07/13/one-nba-great-thinks-knicks-porzingis-is-a-freak-of-nature/

So should we believe the rants of someone who needs hits or the greater belief of people in the business who are not dependent on making a scene to make their money

his agent said we did what is his incentive to lie?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,568

Post#62 » by Fat Kat » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:45 pm

kane2021 wrote:We signed Phil to overhaul a rotten foundation. Meaning the core of this franchise. I been telling guys this is going to be a 4 year project. No one wants to believe it because they are too impatient. This is phase 2. Establish an image and style of play. We have a new starting 5 of players who hustle, play defense and play with passion. Players who on managble contracts that can be moved if need be. Instead of players who have big names, that dont fit and are on contracts that assure the franchise they will be stuck here until the trade dead line on their final year.

There was no franchise changing talent in this free agent class. There were all stars making franchise changing money instead. Bare in mind this team was a bottom feeder. Adding an allstar does not flip the script in one season I dont care what anyone says. Fact is we will be a more fluid team this year doing what we did. Than had we threw all the money at one guy and filled the roster with bums.

The problem with knick fans that think like Smith is they are too full of themselves and feel that they are owed something. As if simply being the knicks in NY means we are the yankees of basketball. This franchise has been overwhelmed with turmoil. The pressure is too great and the odds are too far stacked against your average all star to get stuck on the knicks roster while the ship sinks another year. While fans and clowns like smith trash your character for not being a one man savior.

Players are not signing contracts to play with the president of basketball operations. Phil Jackson does not coach the team. Melo is not Jordan. This was and has been an awful team. Stop blaming Phil Jackson and everyone else for your own unrealistic blown out of proportion expectations. Come to earth. You taking what is a step in the right direction,.. and pissing all over it because you feel you deserve more. I mean,.. just get over yourself.

You summed it up perfectly Kane. Bravo.

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,568

Post#63 » by Fat Kat » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:47 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
rammagen wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
I said the same thing a couple of days ago before SAS put Phil on blast but we didn't bring Phil to sign a bunch of JAGs. We brought him to attract superstars.

I can understand him feeling hoodwinked I feel the same. The dude couldn't even get a meeting with LMA and Monroe chose the Bucks over us. Let that settle in for a moment the Bucks. It's seems like the only one is hoodwinked is ya'll because the rest of the NBA has caught on long ago to the fraud that is Phil Jackson.

One of the worst parts of his tenure is that he basically squandered our two best assets and got nothing and when I mean nothing I mean nothing. With shump we got cap relief but he opted out from the cavs so that was pointless. With Chandler we got an albatross with Calderon and a whole lot junk. The only other intriguing piece (Larkin) wasn't even offered a contract.

But thats to be expected really. Phil doesn't have any FO office experience. I wasn't expecting him to win trades or the draft. If we wanted to do a proper rebuild we should have targeted someone with an analtics background or a scouting background. Phil was brought in for the glitz and glamor to make NY attractive to free agents. That's his real failure. The truth is Riley track record regarding the draft is mixed as well. The difference is he manages to land the Bosh's, Lebrons, Dengs, Dragic, Shaqs of the world. Somehow we end up Lopez, Williams, Quinns, Affalo. Riley shopping for armani and Phil a savane. That's just unacceptable.

The worst part of our current situation is that we don't even a direction we can go in. We don't own our pick and we don't own anybody elses so it's not like we can tank. Phil doesn't seem to be able to get a difference maker to want to play for us. Heck, we aren't even good enough to treadmill. So whats left? Nothing. This team is on a road to nowhere.

SAS is that you? because if you watched or read anything he did not offer the max to Monroe, so he followed the money. After talking with the agent for LMA they both decided not to waste eachothers time. And the next target was the center that has changed mind and left a franchise high and ry named Jordan.

if you watch the summer league game KP looked fine 12 points 2 blocks and 3 rebounds with two fouls how did towns look with his 12 points and 9 fouls. Why is one an acceptable project and the other isn't?

As far as direction you can go in for the team if anyone should feel hoodwinked it is the fans. Carmelo for not getting his buddies to play for the Knicks', he was supposed to go out and talk to people and he failed where is the blame for him?

But back to direction for the team by building smart and not caving into the pressure by idiots wanting head lines PJ has buil;t a team that should get to the playoffs. Case in point
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/07/07/surprise-the-knicks-may-actually-know-what-theyre-doing/
but if we listen to the living idiot we might have passed on the player with the most upside in the entire draft. That is not my opinion but the opinion of NBA people
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/27/8474249/kristaps-porzingis-nba-draft-2015-scouting-report
or
http://nypost.com/2015/07/13/one-nba-great-thinks-knicks-porzingis-is-a-freak-of-nature/

So should we believe the rants of someone who needs hits or the greater belief of people in the business who are not dependent on making a scene to make their money

Is this a serious question?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#64 » by rammagen » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:56 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
rammagen wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

or

reverse look at the three people who said they didn't offer the max including Phil, what is their reason to lie? Look the Knicks' more then likely made the guy an offer but not the max. I am tired of looking crap up to defend a moot point that you can look up just as easy. The agent has more to gain then the team in reporting the offers to drive up the price people should know better the to ask that question.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/02/report-lakers-and-knicks-didnt-offer-greg-monroe-maximum-contracts/
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#65 » by spikeslovechild » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:02 am

kane2021 wrote:We signed Phil to overhaul a rotten foundation. Meaning the core of this franchise. I been telling guys this is going to be a 4 year project. No one wants to believe it because they are too impatient. This is phase 2. Establish an image and style of play. We have a new starting 5 of players who hustle, play defense and play with passion. Players who on managble contracts that can be moved if need be. Instead of players who have big names, that dont fit and are on contracts that assure the franchise they will be stuck here until the trade dead line on their final year.

There was no franchise changing talent in this free agent class. There were all stars making franchise changing money instead. Bare in mind this team was a bottom feeder. Adding an allstar does not flip the script in one season I dont care what anyone says. Fact is we will be a more fluid team this year doing what we did. Than had we threw all the money at one guy and filled the roster with bums.

The problem with knick fans that think like Smith is they are too full of themselves and feel that they are owed something. As if simply being the knicks in NY means we are the yankees of basketball. This franchise has been overwhelmed with turmoil. The pressure is too great and the odds are too far stacked against your average all star to get stuck on the knicks roster while the ship sinks another year. While fans and clowns like smith trash your character for not being a one man savior.

Players are not signing contracts to play with the president of basketball operations. Phil Jackson does not coach the team. Melo is not Jordan. This was and has been an awful team. Stop blaming Phil Jackson and everyone else for your own unrealistic blown out of proportion expectations. Come to earth. You taking what is a step in the right direction,.. and pissing all over it because you feel you deserve more. I mean,.. just get over yourself.

It isn't just about more. Do I think we should have been able to attract or trade for a top tier player since Phil has been here? Damn right I did and I won't apologize for wanting the Knicks to win.

But it's beyond that whats the strategy? We aren't completely tanking because we still have Melo. We aren't going for it because we only have Melo. When Phil first came he was talking about championships and getting someone for Melo to play with. Now what is it exactly? If we are rebuilding that means trading Melo for assets but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. If we are going for it I think we all agree that Lopez and crew aren't going to get it done.

If you look at the ascendent teams around the league and those at the top they have two things in common they have a clearly laid out plan for what they want to do and how they want to get there. The Wolves moved Love for Wiggins and drafted Towns. The 76ers tank and collect assets. Ditto for the Magic. The Heat retain their talent and retool with veterans to remain in contention.

We're sort of off on our own in no mans land. Not quite rebuilding not quite tanking. Not owning our own pick next year. Like the Lakers that is a bad, bad place to be.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#66 » by spikeslovechild » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:29 am

rammagen wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
rammagen wrote:

or

reverse look at the three people who said they didn't offer the max including Phil, what is their reason to lie? Look the Knicks' more then likely made the guy an offer but not the max. I am tired of looking crap up to defend a moot point that you can look up just as easy. The agent has more to gain then the team in reporting the offers to drive up the price people should know better the to ask that question.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/02/report-lakers-and-knicks-didnt-offer-greg-monroe-maximum-contracts/

Well it's obvious for us because if we targeted him and he went to the Bucks it would look bad.

What I'm asking is from Monroe and his agents perspective what does he gain from lying at this point? Nothing. Monroe already has his max contract. Remember the agent came out publicly after the contract was already signed and the report came out the Knicks never offered max money.

He seemed more insulted then anything. Maybe thats the best case for lying I guess. Pride. Still pretty weak if you ask me.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#67 » by makeitstop » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:21 am

spikeslovechild wrote:When Phil first came he was talking about championships and getting someone for Melo to play with. Now what is it exactly?

For one thing, now Melo will have four actual NBA starters on the floor with him instead of D-Leaguers and under-achievers. That right there is a massive improvement over what we had last year.

Everybody complained about Shump and JR taking plays off and Ding up when they felt like it. They're gone. Everyone here talked every damn day about how Chandler gave up and was phoning it in. He's gone. Everyone bitched about Bargs being soft and unmotivated. He's gone. Amare's huge-azz contract? Gone, and Phil was smart enough not to replace it with another huge-azz contract.

This team was loaded up with knuckleheads, locker room cancers and divas. They've all been replaced with smart players, hard workers.

If you can't see the difference and the direction the team is going in, I don't know what to tell you. Like Kane said, you gotta start somewhere. PJax is doing the right thing here, and it's been so long since anyone in that front office did the right thing it's like nobody can even remember what it looks like.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
FerreroRocherrr
Pro Prospect
And1: 456

Post#68 » by FerreroRocherrr » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:09 am

Carl_Karlson wrote:Stephen A has a good gimmick. He bitches, says misinformed bullshyt and people still pay attention to him. I don't know how he does it

Once in a while he'll bring up race when the ratings are down! :roll:
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,615

Post#69 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:41 am

kane wrote:Dont miss the part where he glossed over towns calling him a "project" but then he's mad at Phil for taking porzingis because he's a "project" and then he says there's no need for a PG in the triangle so he's mad we passed on mudiay? Wow this guy is a pro when it comes to talking out of both sides of his mouth

That isn't his mouth he is talking out of..... the guy is a very talented ventriloquist.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
stuporman
RealGM

Post#70 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:51 am

SAS clown!

I always knew his initials being an anagram for the word ass wasn't just a coincidence....
Image?
lilojmayo
Veteran
And1: 356

Post#71 » by lilojmayo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 am

rammagen wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
rammagen wrote:

But back to direction for the team by building smart and not caving into the pressure by idiots wanting head lines PJ has buil;t a team that should get to the playoffs. Case in pointK
or bank

Knick Fans i still dont understand how yall can hate SAS. He is as diehart as they come and wants the best for you. Phil Jackson is the fraud here. Hookwinked everyone , laughing his way to the bank
OJ Mayo , Michael Jordan , Allen Iverson.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#72 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:52 am

The self hoodwinked never see the genuine nature of their ignorance.
Image?
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#73 » by kingquan316 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:30 am

When the **** did Phil say he was brought here to bring stars? He was here to rebuild the team. There's more than one way to build a contender besides signing super team stars in free agency. Would I love to have stars come here, hell yea. But will I bitch about it if Phil went the long route and build with young players and try to develop them into stars? **** no.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#74 » by kingquan316 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 am

lilojmayo wrote:
rammagen wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

Knick Fans i still dont understand how yall can hate SAS. He is as diehart as they come and wants the best for you. Phil Jackson is the fraud here. Hookwinked everyone , laughing his way to the bank

I trust the guy with the rings, instead of the guy that is always bias for black guys.
rammagen
Head Coach

Post#75 » by rammagen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:01 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
rammagen wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

Well it's obvious for us because if we targeted him and he went to the Bucks it would look bad.

What I'm asking is from Monroe and his agents perspective what does he gain from lying at this point? Nothing. Monroe already has his max contract. Remember the agent came out publicly after the contract was already signed and the report came out the Knicks never offered max money.

He seemed more insulted then anything. Maybe thats the best case for lying I guess. Pride. Still pretty weak if you ask me.

What's weak is you refusing to believe what people are putting in front of your face and then backing a known hypocrite screaming for ratings. he based his disliek of the pick on what the player being a project guess what outside of Okafor I think none of the players taking in the top 7 are going to make an impact this year if they do great but sorry. Towns for all the screaming was in his first game had 9 fouls and this is nba ready player? where is the screaming bout that.

Now for Monroe why because drives up this client and the other clients he has price he has the most motivation And you really sound like stephen a smith when you spew this crap. The Knicks have zero/zilch motivation about lying about the max because if you look a their moves this year it was built around players that fit a mold and while the media said Monroe may Phil thought he was not a two way player and does not fit his mold there for not worthy of the max. And you know something before I would listen to Stephen a smith or jilted fan i would trust someone who has been around professional basket ball since 1968 on his thought on players then some raving idiot that has a radio show.

If I started a pod cast screaming without any knowledge I could do a better job them him
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
rammagen
Head Coach

Post#76 » by rammagen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:18 pm

lilojmayo wrote:
rammagen wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

put down the pipe and step away from the keyboard. if anyone is getting hoodwinked it is the fans in Milwaukee. over pay for a a small forward playing the 2 have 2 other small forwards on their team hoping that the cap goes up to cover for this and that the team does not move to Vegas. who is hoodwinking whom here.

Better hope and pray the chinese come thru with the tv money and is applied all next yr rather then 4 million a yr as proposed by the owners if not..... this is from a stock market that took a 30% dive in the last week and more is speculated to come. The nba's only option might be to sue but all that money may not come into being
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#77 » by makeitstop » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:25 pm

I could see Phil making Monroe an offer but not offing the max, say $12 mil. That extra $3 mil could mean another player or two. There are a lot of slots to fill on this team. Max, no max, who cares? It's done business, move on already.

Bringing in LMA or Jordan (and man, am I glad we didn't go down that road) would have sucked up all the money, and then all those other slots would have been filled with Quincy Acys and Shane Larkins. Sure, everybody would have plenty to complain about because we'd be in roughly the same spot, but that's not how you build a good team.

Imagine if Phil gave LMA $25 mil to come here and had to fill up the roster with 2 or 3 million. That would have been a real fail, not the fake fail SAS has obviously sold some people on.

And as far as Monroe goes - the Knicks didn't crack 20 wins, MIL was right at .500. They made the playoffs, we didn't even get a sniff. Their system and team was in place, we had four players under contract.

If you were an NBA free agent and that was your choice, who would you want to play for? It was never even close, max or no max.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
nyknicks8016
Starter
And1: 623

Post#78 » by nyknicks8016 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:26 pm

If porzingis was black and played for Kentucky or duke and SAS actually watched him play, he would be drooling all over him

But since he is a euro who played overseas he is going to get **** on because SAS refuses to do his homework
KNIXFAN_83
Analyst
And1: 1,320

Stephen A Smith on the Knicks (Jerry Ferrara special guest) 

Post#79 » by KNIXFAN_83 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Honestly if there was a racial draft like chapelle show I would gladly trade SAS to anyone willing to accept. What a complete idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
lilojmayo
Veteran
And1: 356

Post#80 » by lilojmayo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:01 am

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:Honestly if there was a racial draft like chapelle show I would gladly trade SAS to anyone willing to accept. What a complete idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

How exactly is SAS racist? I thought his best friend is Skip Bayless of all people
OJ Mayo , Michael Jordan , Allen Iverson.

Return to New York Knicks