ImageImageImageImageImage

Community Thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Re: Community Thread 

Post#841 » by Quake Griffin » Wed May 6, 2015 1:57 am

Neddy wrote:Pacquiao about to face some legal trouble for hiding his torn rotator cuff injury from Nevada boxing commission.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more- ... -1.2210373

and his injury is pretty significant.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/manny-pacq ... d=30803345

if this is all true, LMAO @ Maymay and quake.
from the start, I felt Pac was over the hill and had little left in the tank. Never once i said Pac was gonna win. but if the best Mayboy can muster against a one armed man was what i saw, he is done. he will dodge a rematch, I guarantee it.

on the other hand, it is pretty amazing that a boxer with as much mileage wear and tear such as Pac could simply will himself to a fight with one arm. I already respected this young cat for his character and just as a man overall, but my god... he is a warrior.

As soon as this news broke this morning, Mayweather text Stephen A and said he would fight Pacman next year when he would be recovered from his injury.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJv2q_5vmQI[/youtube]
This is how you fight a bigger fighter (weight wise, not height wise) with a torn rotator cuff and beat him with no excuses.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7eqk6JlLc[/youtube]
This is how you have surgery on your rotator cuff and come back and beat that same guy 8 months later.

No time in Money May's camp for being a sore loser or making excuses.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#842 » by Neddy » Wed May 6, 2015 2:13 am

Ha, let's see if that actually happens. and not every torn rotator cuff injury is the same. I have been living with a torn rotator cuff injury that should have gotten a surgery but didn't for the last 27 years and developed a ton of scar tissue, but never missed a day of school or work. from what i have read, Pac's was pretty damning.

IF, and that is a BIG IF, Maymay is willing to take on 100% healthy Pac, from what i saw that night, May's got no chance, and that is to my surprise as Pac's got hell of a lot more fights than Maymay between pros, amateurs, and illegal street prize fights.

BTW, I still think Marvin got robbed. Sugar Ray should have fought Hagler in both of their primes, not waiting until Marvin was an old man... and this fight should have been fought a year or two after both had beaten Oscar.
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#843 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed May 6, 2015 2:56 am

May is just boring. He hits once and then spends the rest of the time running around the ring. FIGHT!

Great businessman though, can't deny that.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#844 » by Neddy » Fri May 8, 2015 7:07 am

so much for pretty boy wanting a rematch to beat healthy Pac. MayMay sure is a good businessman tho. he deserves to be a fortune 500 CEO or COO. as a boxer? lol after this no rematch comment. what a coward. always have, always will be. couldn't even knock out a man with a torn rotator cuff and calls him a poor loser.

trust me, he won't fight him again. not when he is healthy.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#845 » by Neddy » Thu May 14, 2015 3:34 am

this is your hero, Floyd Mayweather

http://balls.ie/boxing/ricky-hatton-tel ... ate-plane/

what was the old saying? oh yeah...

you can't buy class.
ehhhhh f it.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#846 » by MartinToVaught » Thu May 14, 2015 4:10 am

Neddy wrote:this is your hero, Floyd Mayweather

you can't buy class.

Sounds more like the butthurt ramblings of someone who got his ass whooped in the ring by Floyd than a true story. Overtaking a plane in mid-air? We're really supposed to believe that crap? :roll:

Bottom line is, you can hate on Floyd, call him "boring," etc., but he's 48-0 for a reason. He's one of the greatest defensive fighters ever. Not every boxer is going to be a brawler who's always looking for the knockout punch, and that's okay.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#847 » by Neddy » Thu May 14, 2015 4:55 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Neddy wrote:this is your hero, Floyd Mayweather

you can't buy class.

Sounds more like the butthurt ramblings of someone who got his ass whooped in the ring by Floyd than a true story. Overtaking a plane in mid-air? We're really supposed to believe that crap? :roll:

Bottom line is, you can hate on Floyd, call him "boring," etc., but he's 48-0 for a reason. He's one of the greatest defensive fighters ever. Not every boxer is going to be a brawler who's always looking for the knockout punch, and that's okay.

and not every boxer has a half a dozen charges against him for beating the crap out of women either, and guess that, thats not okay.

if you have daughters, I sure wish they date your 48-0. enjoy it, daddy-o.
ehhhhh f it.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#848 » by MartinToVaught » Thu May 14, 2015 5:22 am

To be fair, a lot of great boxers have been horrible human beings. Look no further than Mike Tyson, for example. If you're going to get hung up on athletes' personal lives, boxing isn't for you.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#849 » by Neddy » Thu May 14, 2015 5:59 am

MartinToVaught wrote:To be fair, a lot of great boxers have been horrible human beings. Look no further than Mike Tyson, for example. If you're going to get hung up on athletes' personal lives, boxing isn't for you.

what about MIke?

If you are still one of those who has yet to learn about the facts about Deseree Washington, rational reasoning isn't for you.
ehhhhh f it.
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 11,205

Post#850 » by Dr Spaceman » Wed May 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Hey Clipper fans, spent a lot of time poring over film and analyzing the Rockets series, and wrote a piece about the team here if anyone is interested:

https://rootingforgoliath.wordpress.com/2015/05/20/advanced-heartbreak-and-probabilistic-reasoning-exploring-the-clippers-collapse/

Big fan of your team. Let me know what y'all think.
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
Neddy
RealGM

Post#851 » by Neddy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:12 am

LOL Mayweather is a doper. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#852 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:13 am

just wanted to say, what happened at Roseburg has hit us home too.

one of my employees went to that school and still had friends on that campus and one of her friends watched her teacher get shot and die by Chris Harper Mercer's rampage... times like this I hope people understand that sports like basketball is simply a game, and an escape from our daily lives and there is much bigger issues at stake in our beloved nation called USA.

peace be with those who passed away at Umpqua community college and their family and friends.
ehhhhh f it.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#853 » by nickhx2 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 11:47 pm

hey, i haven't really posted in here before since i'm actually relatively new to these forums. is it acceptable to post about local LA business stuff here?
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#854 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Thu Oct 8, 2015 1:14 pm

Yes you can, this topic is for random OT stuff.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#855 » by nickhx2 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:49 pm

cool, thanks!

I figured since probably more than a few people here are LA local, this would be a good spot. I hope it's not too shilly, but hopefully more of a fun thing for people to read and see about if they are interested in LA events. Also, sorry i didn't post about this before it actually happened, but next year i will in case people want to go.

My family's been in the donut shop business forever and we were recently invited to a donut competition in LA that got some of the more famous names you see (DK's, california, randy's etc) all involved.

http://festivalsforlife.com/la-donut-festival/

We had a great showing and we ended up taking the people's choice award for best donut (and technically would have won the one given by professional judges but there was a rule saying that nobody could win both trophies). This was our first year there and everyone seemed to really like us.

People really loved the berry creampuffs (which is what won the people's choice award) but the stores are also pretty famous for their cronuts (or as my cousin calls them, doughssants)

Anyway if you're into donuts, give them a look! There are actually a lot of Spudnuts Donuts around, but it's not really a chartered franchise, and they're all mostly run by different people. So if you want the actual good stuff you'd need to go to the ones in canoga park or newbury park. Let's just say if you go to any other ones you are probably not gonna get the results you want lol. We're actually trying to rebrand a bit so we can distinguish our shops from the other ones, so if people have advice on that i'd be glad to hear it.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#856 » by nickhx2 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:55 pm

also this is the one we served to the judges. my favorite actually, creme brulee.

it was pretty funny, cause as a judge you only are supposed to eat a bit so you can taste the other donuts. at least a couple of the judges took a bite out of this one and kept on eating lol
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#857 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 8, 2015 7:15 pm

Your family owns Spudnuts?

like right there off Slauson where the Home Depot is Spudnuts?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#858 » by nickhx2 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 8:31 pm

not that one, and kinda once upon a time but not really lol

my dad bought spudnuts off the owners who were utah based back in the 80's, then he took the name and built tons of shops all over so-cal but sold each shop's rights to individual owners. he used to own a few stores himself (westlake village, marina del rey, ventura) before selling them off.

the ones that are still family related are the ones in canoga park and newbury park, which are owned by my two cousins. those are the ones that put out all the great stuff you actually see. check this out and you can see some of the other things they do: https://www.facebook.com/spudnutsdonuts

any of the other stores beyond that (i've been to them all) aren't operated by anyone i know directly anymore. they also don't use the same proprietary flour they're supposed to (that's another story lol), so whatever you get out of them will most of the time will be not even close. the only ones i could really recommend are the ones in oxnard and even that one might not be up to par anymore.
chefy12
Junior
And1: 78

Post#859 » by chefy12 » Sat Dec 5, 2015 4:38 pm

someone offered me dj for drozan should i do it?

h2h fantasy league
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#860 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:21 pm

I just thought I would share this news with the Clipper forum. My grandmother passed away this morning. I probably won't be posting much on here as of right now, but I'll still be lurking. I'll have to go to New York sometime this week to be with my family.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!

Return to Los Angeles Clippers