Kevin Durant Has 'Real Brotherhood Type Relationship' With Westbrook

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Kevin Durant Has 'Real Brotherhood Type Relationship' With Westbrook 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:09 pm

Kevin Durant elaborated on his friendship with Russell Westbrook in an interview with The Oklahoman.

"There's times where we go at it," Durant told The Oklahoman. "There's times I don't like what he's doing out on the court. There's times where he hates what I'm doing out on the court. There's times where it's 'Russ, you gotta control your attitude,' or 'KD, you gotta stop, you gotta speak up,' whatever.

"There's times we cuss each other out, but that's a part of being brothers. Because I know if I need something, he'll be there and if I need to talk to someone outside of basketball, he'll be there. It's a real brotherhood type relationship. We're like family."

Durant says anyone who speculates about a rift between the teammates is being "disrespectful."

"How can you tell? That's my whole question," Durant said. "What are you basing that off of? Because he shoots more than I do one game? That don't make no sense. We don't like each other because he shot more? That don't make no sense.

"And it's really disrespectful to me or to us because you think I'm that selfish of a person. I don't like this guy because he shoots more than me? That's disrespectful to me. Because if I'm a friend, I'm genuine. I'm there, no matter what. Good days, bad days, more shots. I'm a real friend."

Via Anthony Slater/Oklahoman

NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,002

Re: Kevin Durant Has 'Real Brotherhood Type Relationship' With Westbrook 

Post#2 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:26 pm

That's what's up. KD's a good dude. You can tell they genuinely care for eachother. I see them BOTH leaving OKC though.
SLODragon
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#3 » by SLODragon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:53 pm

I guess nowadays it's really hard to SHUT THE F*** UP!!! Am I right Kevin?
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#4 » by Arp590 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:36 pm

SLODragon wrote:I guess nowadays it's really hard to SHUT THE F*** UP!!! Am I right Kevin?

You act like he held a presser to say this??
He was ASKED these questions and he responded.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#5 » by JazzMatt13 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:43 pm

We need to split up this brotherly love. Northwest doesn't need either of them, DC do a much better job campaigning, and freaking Lakers come on, work your magic on Westbrook, and lets crumble the Thunder.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#6 » by Donnyxc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Durant doesn't care that you guys want him to leave the Thunder, get over it.

I'm with you KD. Stand up dude and good teammate.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley

Return to Wiretap Discussion