Re: Draft Express Moves Ben Simmons To No. 1, Brandon Ingram To No. 2

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Draft Express Moves Ben Simmons To No. 1, Brandon Ingram To No. 2 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 4, 2015 5:09 pm

Draft Express has moved Ben Simmons to the top position in their mock draft for 2016 while Brandon Ingram moved up to second and Skal Labissiere dropped to third.

Labissiere had been in the first slot in the Draft Express mock draft since April.

Dragan Bender is currently No. 4 with Jaylen Brown rounding out the top-5.

Kris Dunn, Jamal Murray, Henry Ellenson, Jakob Poeltl and Cheick Diallo rank 6th through 10th.

Via Jonathan Givony/Draft Express

olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#2 » by olive_triangurl » Fri Dec 4, 2015 5:58 pm

Can someone give me an idea of how good Ben Simmons will be at getting to the hoop in his rookie year?
His ball-handling skills and athleticism are clearly outstanding, plus he's tall for a guy with such handling skills, so he should have no trouble finishing.
Will he get to the hoop as successfully as rookie Grant Hill?
Rookie Grant Hill averaged 19.9ppg on .477 shooting in his rookie year (and shot .148 from downtown).
Rookie Grant Hill was also a willing passer, 5.0 assists per game, much like Ben Simmons.
Knickstape7
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#3 » by Knickstape7 » Fri Dec 4, 2015 7:06 pm

Rookie grant hill will also be 3 years older than rookie Ben Simmons
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Post#4 » by olive_triangurl » Fri Dec 4, 2015 7:09 pm

Other than MJ and Barkley, I'd say Grant Hill is probably the player I miss most (as in the Detroit version of him).
Grant Hill driving to the basket looked incredible.
I wish Grant Hill was in NBA2k16 (and Reggie Miller).
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#5 » by Marty McFly » Fri Dec 4, 2015 8:46 pm

grant hill.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#6 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Dec 4, 2015 10:38 pm

Rookie grant hill drank sprite tho.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#7 » by Psubs » Fri Dec 4, 2015 10:42 pm

NBADraft.net has always had Ben Simmons at #1.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#8 » by Psubs » Fri Dec 4, 2015 10:46 pm

So Ben Simmons had to score 43 points, 14 rebs, 7 asts, 5 stls and 3 blks for them to move him up to #1? :D
WarriorsEFC
Rookie
And1: 1,111

Post#9 » by WarriorsEFC » Sat Dec 5, 2015 2:34 am

olive_triangurl wrote:Can someone give me an idea of how good Ben Simmons will be at getting to the hoop in his rookie year?
His ball-handling skills and athleticism are clearly outstanding, plus he's tall for a guy with such handling skills, so he should have no trouble finishing.
Rookie Grant Hill averaged 19.9ppg on .477 shooting in his rookie year (and shot .148 from downtown).
Rookie Grant Hill was also a willing passer, 5.0 assists per game, much like Ben Simmons.

He should have no trouble getting to the hoop in the NBA. His first step is amazing but more importantly if guys sag on him in the middle he has the passing skills to destroy teams..

The difference between the NBA and the current LSU team he is on are that he will have better players around him to shoot it. He should in all seriousness be averaging about 12 assists at LSU but nobody there can hit a shot. They miss layups and dunks that he creates for them. That would make him a 20pt, 15reb, 12 assist player which is pretty rare.
73-9 - GTOAT.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#10 » by GreenRiddler » Sat Dec 5, 2015 3:12 am

I don't know how someone can look so bad in Europe and be a consensus top 10 pick in Bender. Oh yeah Jan Vesley and group think say hello and I am not talking about Adele.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#11 » by MitchB3 » Sat Dec 5, 2015 3:44 am

WarriorsEFC wrote:
olive_triangurl wrote:Can someone give me an idea of how good Ben Simmons will be at getting to the hoop in his rookie year?

He should have no trouble getting to the hoop in the NBA. His first step is amazing but more importantly if guys sag on him in the middle he has the passing skills to destroy teams..

The difference between the NBA and the current LSU team he is on are that he will have better players around him to shoot it. He should in all seriousness be averaging about 12 assists at LSU but nobody there can hit a shot. They miss layups and dunks that he creates for them. That would make him a 20pt, 15reb, 12 assist player which is pretty rare.

Whoa, Whoa, let's calm down a little bit. Ben Simmons is looking great at the collegiate level, but let's slow down. He's not going to come into the league guns blazing. NO I AM NOT HATING; all I'm saying is let's see him in a couple of games in the NBA first.
Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Post#12 » by Vibranium » Sat Dec 5, 2015 3:46 am

I just hope Simmons wont end up on the Sixers
Read on Twitter
WarriorsEFC
Rookie

Post#13 » by WarriorsEFC » Sat Dec 5, 2015 7:25 am

MitchB3 wrote:
WarriorsEFC wrote:

Whoa, Whoa, let's calm down a little bit. Ben Simmons is looking great at the collegiate level, but let's slow down. He's not going to come into the league guns blazing. NO I AM NOT HATING; all I'm saying is let's see him in a couple of games in the NBA first.

Sorry what part of what I said was over the top? All I said is he would have no trouble getting to the hope and would destroy NBA teams with his passing... none of which is over the top hyperbole.
73-9 - GTOAT.
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Post#14 » by olive_triangurl » Sat Dec 5, 2015 3:11 pm

WarriorsEFC wrote:

Well i hope he goes to a decent team (offensively decent), not the Sixers/Lakers.
WarriorsEFC
Rookie

Post#15 » by WarriorsEFC » Sat Dec 5, 2015 4:34 pm

olive_triangurl wrote:
WarriorsEFC wrote:

Well i hope he goes to a decent team (offensively decent), not the Sixers/Lakers.

I would be ok with him going to the Lakers.... but the Sixers? urgh. If it was me in his position I would spend another year in College just to avoid going to the 76ers.
73-9 - GTOAT.
Thatmetricsdude
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#16 » by Thatmetricsdude » Sat Dec 5, 2015 5:58 pm

WarriorsEFC wrote:
olive_triangurl wrote:
WarriorsEFC wrote:

I would be ok with him going to the Lakers.... but the Sixers? urgh. If it was me in his position I would spend another year in College just to avoid going to the 76ers.

He could also refuse to sign with the Sixers if they drafted him. Steve Francis did that to the Vancouver Grizzlies. If the Sixers don't blink he can always play overseas until they do
EnriCela13
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#17 » by EnriCela13 » Sat Dec 5, 2015 8:24 pm

Thatmetricsdude wrote:
WarriorsEFC wrote:
olive_triangurl wrote:

He could also refuse to sign with the Sixers if they drafted him. Steve Francis did that to the Vancouver Grizzlies. If the Sixers don't blink he can always play overseas until they do

Or he could just go to the sixers put up MCW x 3 numbers, and then if they're not good by the time he is a FA (which, they won't be lol) .. He can just sign elsewhere. It's better than ending up in Minnesota or something imo.. And if he ended up on the Lakers, he would be the beginning of their climb back to the top tier, wouldn't be the end of the world..
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#18 » by JazzMatt13 » Sat Dec 5, 2015 10:42 pm

Utes Center Jakob Poeltl is big time. I see him playing in East as a backup, and potentially starting.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,925

Post#19 » by Domejandro » Sun Dec 6, 2015 5:41 am

EnriCela13 wrote:
Thatmetricsdude wrote:
WarriorsEFC wrote:

Or he could just go to the sixers put up MCW x 3 numbers, and then if they're not good by the time he is a FA (which, they won't be lol) .. He can just sign elsewhere. It's better than ending up in Minnesota or something imo.. And if he ended up on the Lakers, he would be the beginning of their climb back to the top tier, wouldn't be the end of the world..

I am a biased Minnesotan, but Minnesota would possibly be the best spot for him to land among those teams.

Ricky Rubio / Tyus Jones
Zach LaVine / Andrew Wiggins
Andrew Wiggins / Shabazz Muhammad / Damjan Rudež
Ben Simmons / Nemanja Bjelica / Adreian Payne
Karl Anthony-Towns / Gorgui Dieng / Nikola Pekivic (when healthy)

That is an absolutely stacked young team.
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Post#20 » by olive_triangurl » Sun Dec 6, 2015 1:07 pm

Domejandro wrote:
EnriCela13 wrote:
Thatmetricsdude wrote:

I am a biased Minnesotan, but Minnesota would possibly be the best spot for him to land among those teams.

Ricky Rubio / Tyus Jones
Zach LaVine / Andrew Wiggins
Andrew Wiggins / Shabazz Muhammad / Damjan Rudež
Ben Simmons / Nemanja Bjelica / Adreian Payne
Karl Anthony-Towns / Gorgui Dieng / Nikola Pekivic (when healthy)

That is an absolutely stacked young team.

I agree, although he won't score big in that line-up, especially given how unselfish he is.
Maybe its not a bad thing for him to play with a team like the Lakers/Sixers, so he doesn't fall into the trap of being too passive.
But if he wants to be part of a championship contender long-term, then the Twolves may be that (if they are all willing to stay together long-term).

Return to Wiretap Discussion