Durant, Donovan Praise Westbrook For His 16 Assists In 25 Minutes

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Durant, Donovan Praise Westbrook For His 16 Assists In 25 Minutes 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 9, 2015 7:56 pm

Russell Westbrook had 13 points and 16 assists in 25 minutes in a 125-88 blowout win by the Oklahoma City Thunder over the Memphis Grizzlies. Kevin Durant scored 32 points.

"When we play together like that, we make the game easier," Durant said. "We were just playing smooth basketball. It was beautiful to watch. It was a fun game to play."

"I can't say enough about what Russell did," Billy Donovan said. "In my opinion, he's one of the rare guys in the league that can dominate a game without scoring. 

"What he did tonight -- setting up his teammates, the 16 assists and the unselfishness -- started with him and Kevin."

"I try to set the table for guys and try to find ways to get everybody going, especially on the road," Westbrook said. "We just kept the pace hot.

"They kind of like to rough you up a little bit. I thought we did a good job of setting the tone on both ends of the floor."

Via Reuters

BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Re: Durant, Donovan Praise Westbrook For His 16 Assists In 25 Minutes 

Post#2 » by BlzMwt » Wed Dec 9, 2015 9:39 pm

Add in the fact that Durant had 6 assists and 10 rebounds himself. Very incredible to have two such all around gifted players on the same team.

Even as a clipper fan, I wish them luck in stopping their injury woes because I want to see them succeed over the next 5 years.

The warriors, the spurs, okc and if the clippers ever turn it around and play up to their potential. Very exciting.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#3 » by inquisitive » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:26 am

What he is saying meant that Westb didnt play selfish ball.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Re: 

Post#4 » by miltk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:41 am

inquisitive wrote:What he is saying meant that Westb didnt play selfish ball.

westy is perfectly willing to dish, but you have to remember he and kd have been carrying this team for 8yrs.
all rw wants to do is WIN....it's not about the numbers. but the others have to prove they can finish. i think westy is very short on patience - he'll do it himself and ONLY trusts kd, if the others falter the slightest bit. i think AT LEAST two others have to step up their consistency. if that happens, i also think he'll step up his defense and dominate there.

i'm wondering if gsw has westy understanding just he and kd can't do it if it comes down to those two teams.

Return to Wiretap Discussion