Potential sleepers

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Potential sleepers 

Post#1 » by No-Man » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Some of them are not been talked about because people project them for 2017 or future drafts, some are just under the radar, a list of sleepers that might end up in the 1st or even the lottery,

Deyonta Davis just turned 19, long, athletic, high work ethic, calm demeanor, high motor, can hit the jumper, high productivity, cut by AD mold physically.
Caleb Swanigan 97' kid, strong and sturdy, but quick, really good passer, confident in his jumper although needs consistency, tenacious rebounder, little Draymond to his game.
Dedric Lawson, comforward with length, mass and really smooth, talented scorer, great finisher, needs to improve his range, really good rebounder, 97' kid also, little similar to Tobias Harris/TJ Warren.
Juancho Hernangómez, highest upside from Spain since Rubio, another comboforward with hops, long, and plays with an attitude, can shot and is a ferocious rebounder, similar to Andres Nocioni in some parts of his game, but bigger.
Marquese Chriss, another PF with length, smooth athlete with a jumper, runs the floor well, sneaky athletic.
Tyler Lydon, stretch PF that does a bit of everything, really solid rebounding the ball, big frame although he needs to add weight, block shots and is active defensively.
Patrick McCaw, similar built to CBrewer, lanky, long, athletic, good ballhandler with good vision, can create for others, best playmaker UNLV has had in forever, good shooter, extremely effective defending passing lines.
Robert Carter Jr., another smallball C type, with range, mobility, and strength, not quite the passer but he plays smart.
Vince Edwards , another Purdue guy, playing SF but he could clearly produce more offensively in another offense with more space, pass the ball, improved from 3, size, length, good frame, 96' kid.
Luke Kornet, face-up PF, has improved his physique and has been way better as a rebounder and shotblocker, ways to go, but at 7-1 he has an interesting mix of tools, late-bloomer also he grew 9 inches in a year and a half (similar story sort of of Kaminsky).
Derrick Jones Jr, sort of combo-forward playing for UNLV too, unreal athlete, highlight reel, has length and hops, good shotblocker, plays with passion but cant shot.

Wade Baldwin IV and Ivan Rabb are more or less well known but they are still underrated.

Which other sleepers have you targeted?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,582

Re: Potential sleepers 

Post#2 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:53 pm

I think Demetrius Jackson can be a sleeper. He gets really overshadowed by Dunn and I think if a team gets him late lottery or late 1st he will be a steal. Now my 2 guys that get no talk on here at all and 1 probably won't get drafted. 1st Rico Gathers, this dude may not be I'm the league in 3 years or I think he has a chance to be a better kyle O'Quinn. Now I know that doesn't say much but I think he can end up being a really solid rotation player, really really tough kid. Now my guy I dont think will get drafted, malcolm bragdon. Okay size for the 2 at 6'5.5 and a good wingspan and athlete. Now his handles needs work and his shot looks funky but he gets results and the dude is a beast defender. Now again he's my ultimate sleeper who probably won't get drafted, but I won't be surprised if he's on an NBA teams bench this time next year
No-Man
RealGM

Post#3 » by No-Man » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:58 pm

I have Jackson ranked anywhere from 10 to 20, and I think he is unanimously seem as a 1st rounder, I doubt he is a sleeper honestly.
The problem with Brogdon is that he will be 23 in his way to 24 come draft time, but he has tools to be an NBA rotation player.
Gathers would make more money if he tries to switch to football.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Post#4 » by immortalone23 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Was literally about to saw McCaw.
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,510

Post#5 » by Kalela » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:49 am

Daniel Hamilton at Uconn if he declares. He has a lot to work on his game but you just can see there is something there with this guy. He will be a good value if he gets drafted in the 2nd round.
Fire Mazzulla
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,526

Post#6 » by 165bows » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Fischella wrote:I have Jackson ranked anywhere from 10 to 20, and I think he is unanimously seem as a 1st rounder, I doubt he is a sleeper honestly.
The problem with Brogdon is that he will be 23 in his way to 24 come draft time, but he has tools to be an NBA rotation player.
Gathers would make more money if he tries to switch to football.

Were you the one that mentioned Jordon Varnado or did I see that somewhere else? At any rate Jarvis' brother is putting up some big numbers at Troy, I want to catch some of their games to see what that is all about.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#7 » by No-Man » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Monster game from Dedric Lawson against OleMiss, they have a solid frontline with spaniard Sebas Saiz there, 21p-14r-2a-1s-5b
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#8 » by doordoor123 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:10 pm

immortalone23 wrote:Was literally about to saw McCaw.

First person I also thought of. He has to be a lottery pick.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by doordoor123 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:18 pm

I really like Devin Robinson from Florida. He's a good defender and super athletic with good size.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#10 » by No-Man » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:43 pm

Robinson needs to add a reliable jumper, but he is intriguing for sure.
Havent seen Varnado, but looks impressive for his age in terms of numbers, if he has his brother physique, he qualifies.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#11 » by reanimator » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:38 pm

People are finally catching on to McCaw. Agree with Kornet. Davis and Robinson are long, not athletic.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#12 » by reanimator » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:57 pm

Malcolm Hill.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#13 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:07 pm

100% my draft sleeper is Josh Adams from Wyoming.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1T6nuOy44Y[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRuOyCKPCr8[/youtube]

For the record, I called Larry Nance Jr being a first round pick in January when he wasn't even on any draft boards. Adams is getting the same treatment right now (64th-ranked Senior by DX is a joke!) but he arguably has an easier skill set to transition to the modern NBA game.

Through 10 games: 25.2 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 4.1 apg, 1.3 spg
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#14 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:46 am

Malik Beasley looks to have solid combination of athleticism and shooting for a freshman and is producing strong numbers in ACC
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#15 » by pohani komarac » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Ivica Zubac (C 7'0 97. Cibona) he is unquestionable lotto potential, coming back from injury so if he stays healthy expect him to make lot of noise like Jusuf Nurkic 2 years ago as season progress. in first 5 games after injury he averages 9,6pts, 4,6 in just 17,8 minutes

Ante Zizic (C 6'11 97. Cibona) 14,3pts and 8rb in europ cup/ 12pts and 7rb in ABA league this season

both are projected 2017. picks, but both are more realistic to enter this season in draft unlike more hyped Bender wich I expect to actually skips this draft and enters in 2017. Especially Zizic who is pro ready player and already stated he will likley go directly to NBA after this season. Both are progressing far and you can only expect they draft stock to continiue to raise
No-Man
RealGM

Post#16 » by No-Man » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:38 pm

What about Slavica?
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#17 » by pohani komarac » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Slavica transformation to pro level goes much slower, he has jet figure out how to play pro basketball. In his case we can not find excuse about coach or team, as all of them are playing for Cibona Zagreb as well as PG Zan Sisko (97.) (typical euro prspect) and all of them geting minutes and chance. Nik so far didn't use any of oportunites he got.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by doordoor123 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:31 pm

reanimator wrote:People are finally catching on to McCaw. Agree with Kornet. Davis and Robinson are long, not athletic.

I don't think you've seen Robinson play much. He floats in the air when he dunks. He's really athletic and he's actually not crazy long (7'0 wingspan). He's also known for his defense (weak side and on-ball), which means he's good at turning and lateral movement. In addition he's really explosive (his explosiveness reminds me of Caldwell-Pope) and shifty.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#19 » by reanimator » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:09 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
reanimator wrote:People are finally catching on to McCaw. Agree with Kornet. Davis and Robinson are long, not athletic.

I don't think you've seen Robinson play much. He floats in the air when he dunks. He's really athletic and he's actually not crazy long (7'0 wingspan). He's also known for his defense (weak side and on-ball), which means he's good at turning and lateral movement. In addition he's really explosive (his explosiveness reminds me of Caldwell-Pope) and shifty.

He is a tweener who doesn't move very well.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by doordoor123 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:18 pm

reanimator wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

He is a tweener who doesn't move very well.

Are you talking about Devin Robinson? Please show me evidence because I don't see tweener or "doesn't move very well."

Return to NBA Draft