Trade Ideas - Part 2

Moderator: ijspeelman

johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#2041 » by johnnyballgame » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:41 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Dupp wrote:So what do you guys think mos tweet was about?

Had to be about not being included in a group photo. Or maybe it was about his kids camp during all star week.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#2042 » by johnnyballgame » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:16 am

johnnyballgame wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Dupp wrote:So what do you guys think mos tweet was about?

Maybe AV, maybe him. Hard to say. Andy could have asked for a reasonable extension given the fact that he had paid an insane amount of money given his injuries and the cap situation. He'd probably still be here just like Mo. That's why I don't feel "bad" about Andy. He took all the money he could and it made him a liability on the roster.

Agreed. He's been making an absolute killing off Gilbert for years just watching from the end of the bench. I caught myself just starting to feel bad about Andy leaving but quickly realized he received another $1.17 million in a trade kicker..
There's just no way I can generate empathy for anybody who comes into that kind of money for doing absolutely nothing. If this is his biggest problem then he's doing really, really well and not worthy of any of my pity.

Class guy though. Applaud the effort he's always given when playing. He made it easy to root for him and even non-fans knew him well because of his hair/looks and reckless style. I'm not throwing out my Varejao headband/wigs and will probably never forget him.
However, at this point it's championship or bust for me. I'm not going to get butt hurt over losing another fan favorite with diminishing skills if it helps finally bring a title to this town. I understand thats the business. Part of Cleveland's downtrodden image is due it's endless sports tragedies. I'm anxious to experience a bit of the good life. Or even read a "trashy Cleveland fans riot, over turn cars" story after a title victory instead of all the other senseless BS were subjected to on a daily basis. I've invested enough to feel I'm owed a title already. I feel sorry for me and other fans who've never experienced that more than I feel sorry for Andy. I can respect the hell out of Griffin and Gilbert for continuing to take a real swing at it and truly being all in. I look forward to one of them or their children entering local politics one day based solely on the qualifications of their families success. I didn't say I'd vote for them - that would be stupid. I'm just saying it's a crazy world we live in and whoever finally brings this town a title is going to be insanely popular. Apologies if I was ranting off topic.

The next player we bring on has to have some serious defensive skills.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#2043 » by sportscrazy » Tue Mar 1, 2016 12:11 am

Cavaliers get:
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle O'Quinn
Jerian Grant
Jose Calderon
2019 Cleveland Cavaliers Own Second Round Draft Pick Returned

Knicks get:
Kyrie Irving
Tristan Thompson

If that was followed by a deal where the Cavaliers sent Kevin Love to Boston for Avery Bradley and draft picks, they could send a third team the draft picks for a starting point guard, defensive minded center (or just re-sign Mozgov) and veteran small forward to back-up James/Anthony

C-Defensive Center/Kyle O'Quinn/Sasha Kaun
PF-Carmelo Anthony/Channing Frye
SF-LeBron James/Veteran Small Forward
SG-Avery Bradley/Iman Shumpert
PG-Starting Point Guard/Jose Calderon/Jerian Grant
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#2044 » by sportscrazy » Tue Mar 1, 2016 12:14 am

sportscrazy wrote:Cavaliers get:
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle O'Quinn
Jerian Grant
Jose Calderon

Knicks get:
Kyrie Irving
Tristan Thompson

If that was followed by a deal where the Cavaliers sent Kevin Love to Boston for Avery Bradley and draft picks, they could send a third team the draft picks for a starting point guard, defensive minded center (or just re-sign Mozgov) and veteran small forward to back-up James/Anthony

Or just cut out O'Quinn and Calderon then replace them with Robin Lopez...

Carmelo Anthony, Robin Lopez and Jerian Grant for Tristan Thompson and Kyrie Irving
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#2045 » by sportscrazy » Tue Mar 1, 2016 2:11 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Cavaliers get:
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle O'Quinn
Jerian Grant
Jose Calderon

Knicks get:
Kyrie Irving
Tristan Thompson

Boston gets:
Kevin Love
Iman Shumpert

Cleveland gets:
Avery Bradley
Tyreke Evans
Omer Asik
2016 Brooklyn Nets First Round Draft Pick (Drafts Jaylen Brown)
2016 New Orleans Pelicans First Round Draft Pick (Drafts Jamal Murray)

New Orleans gets:
Amir Johnson (Waives salary in full)
Jonas Jerebko (Waives salary in full)
James Young
2016 Boston Celtics First Round Draft Pick

C-Robin Lopez/Omer Asik/Sasha Kaun
SF-LeBron James/Jaylen Brown
SG-Tyreke Evans/J.R. Smith
PG-Avery Bradley/Jamal Murray/Jerian Grant

That team is deep, flexible position-wise and has a good blend of vets and youth.
Bosnian Diehard
Junior
And1: 641

Post#2046 » by Bosnian Diehard » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Hey, Kings fan here.

Would you guys like a DeMarcus for Kyrie trade? Why or why not?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#2047 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Bosnian Diehard wrote:Hey, Kings fan here.

Not sure. I think cousins is a lot better than Kyrie ( and he might benefit from a change in scenery ?) I just dunno how our team would work with him and how chemistry would be.

My dream is to get Chris Paul but this wouldn't be a bad option. I don't think our management would, they overrate Kyrie.
dham1974
Assistant Coach
And1: 65

Post#2048 » by dham1974 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:59 am

Any chance the cavs try to move Love's contract this summer? The Lakers could use him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,083

Post#2049 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:49 pm

dham1974 wrote:Any chance the cavs try to move Love's contract this summer? The Lakers could use him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

It would have to be a three team trade with Lakers sending young assets to a team that wants them.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#2050 » by skywalker33 » Sun Apr 3, 2016 4:27 pm

Rumored the Nuggets may be interested in Kevin Love. What would your idea of a reasonable offer would be ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Dupp
RealGM

Post#2051 » by Dupp » Sun Apr 3, 2016 7:47 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Rumored the Nuggets may be interested in Kevin Love. What would your idea of a reasonable offer would be ?

Would probably need a third team they don't have anyone in interested in.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#2052 » by gflem » Sun Apr 3, 2016 10:27 pm

Dupp wrote:
Bosnian Diehard wrote:Hey, Kings fan here.

Not sure. I think cousins is a lot better than Kyrie ( and he might benefit from a change in scenery ?) I just dunno how our team would work with him and how chemistry would be.

My dream is to get Chris Paul but this wouldn't be a bad option. I don't think our management would, they overrate Kyrie.

I would definitely be interested. Would need Rondo in return, of course the Cavs would need to add more. Kings wouldn't need Rondo if they got Kyrie. What would it take for DMC and Rondo?
Dupp
RealGM

Post#2053 » by Dupp » Sun Apr 3, 2016 10:33 pm

Rondo would be a disaster in Cleveland with bron. We don't need him, send him to a third team
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Post#2054 » by Cassius » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Just wondering about ways to clear the logjam of high-priced players up front. As much as Timo is not that great anymore, if we ever plan on signing an above average SG/SF like Harrison Barnes to complement the small-ball lineup with Love at center, TT would need to go.

Is there a three-way deal anywhere that:

1) Moves TT to Milwaukee, where he'd help their defense quite a bit
2) Moves Monroe out of Milwaukee (or not)
3) Gets us a solid swingman?

If Trevor Ariza wasn't so old, maybe Houston would consider it, but I can't think of a team that would have a use for Monroe or have the salaries to send us back anything in the range of what Tristan makes. Any ideas?
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
acidfrehley
Sophomore
And1: 176

Post#2055 » by acidfrehley » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Always thought that in line to make Bron's superfriendsteam the ideal trades would be:

Cle gets:
- Melo

Bos gets:
- Love

Knicks gets:
- Boston pick
- Amir Johnson
- Filler

Cle gets:
- CP3

Clips gets:
- Irving
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#2056 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 6, 2016 7:04 pm

You guys s need veteran, battle-tested, defensive stalwarts flanking LeBron to get past the elite western teams.

What do you guys think of:

ATL Trades:
Millsap
Teague
Korver
Thabo

CLE Trades:
Kevin Love
Kyrie Irving

Here

Cavs get a veteran, defensive core to place around LeBron for one last run. Then get the flexibility in 2017 to re-make their team as they see fit.

Thoughts?
Too little value for you guys?
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Post#2057 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:55 pm

I'm surprised right now, reading most of these posts, a lot of you are underrating Irving. Even Cleveland fans. The only trade that made sense with him in it was the straight up swap of him for Chris Paul. And even then I thought it was only fair because it could win Cleveland a championship next season IF they don't now. I think a Boogie trade straight up would be horrible for Cleveland. They should focus on trading love (maybe to Denver?).

Love and A filler
For
Barton, Gallo, and the 15 pick

Maybe add Nurkic(Better than Mozgov) and then throw Denver Shump back rather than a filler.
GooseDiddy
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#2058 » by GooseDiddy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Well, if wednesday night showed how the Cavs play without Love, I think he might be on the move. I don't think the Cavs would come right out and say it, but IMO LeBron is going to play the 4 more than the 3 from now until he retires.
I would like to see Love traded to Phoenix for Brandon Knight and TJ Warren. I'm sure Cavs fans will say "Love is worth way more than that" but A. His contract is worth more than he is right now, so good luck getting so-called equal value back and B. LeBron and Kyrie don't need a 3rd star back, they need good guys that will let them be the primary scorers and be a "better fit" and round out the team

Thompson/Kaun
LeBron/Frye
Smith/Warren
Shumpert/Knight
Kyrie/Mo

Chandler/Len
Love/Leuer
Tucker
Booker/Goodwin
Bledsoe

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers