2016 Conference Tourneys and NCAA tournament

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

2016 Conference Tourneys and NCAA tournament 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:09 pm

If anyone is around, we can discuss Conference Tourneys, and if not, maybe some will show up in time to talk about the Big Dance.
TheBatman
Rookie
And1: 917

Re: 2016 Conference Tourneys and NCAA tournament 

Post#2 » by TheBatman » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Looking forward to today's conference tournament match ups. #GoBlue
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:51 pm

TheBatman wrote:Looking forward to today's conference tournament match ups. #GoBlue

Well looks like they made it in. Seems pretty wide open this year.
TheBatman
Rookie

Post#4 » by TheBatman » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:
TheBatman wrote:Looking forward to today's conference tournament match ups. #GoBlue

I have Michigan losing to West Virginia in the rd/32. Michigan State winning it all. Agree with you. The tournament is wide open. No clear cut favs.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:26 am

TheBatman wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I have Michigan losing to West Virginia in the rd/32. Michigan State winning it all. Agree with you. The tournament is wide open. No clear cut favs.

I have no idea this year where to begin with a bracket. If you are interested, you can join the group I created for Suns fans or realgm, but there are only a few of them so I mentioned I would invite others on realgm.

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?invitesource=email&groupID=1170700&inviteuser=ezkwQzNGODQxLUM2MEYtNDFEQi1BOTcwLTE4NTgxRTM4QjQ3M30%3D&ex_cid=invite-email-tcmen&groupp=cmVhbGdt

Group: REAL GM Suns+
Password: realgm
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
TheBatman wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Well looks like they made it in. Seems pretty wide open this year.

I have no idea this year where to begin with a bracket. If you are interested, you can join the group I created for Suns fans or realgm, but there are only a few of them so I mentioned I would invite others on realgm.

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?invitesource=email&groupID=1170700&inviteuser=ezkwQzNGODQxLUM2MEYtNDFEQi1BOTcwLTE4NTgxRTM4QjQ3M30%3D&ex_cid=invite-email-tcmen&groupp=cmVhbGdt

Got an extra spot?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:50 am

bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
TheBatman wrote:

Got an extra spot?

Yeah, feel free...I was just about to post it to other forums since interest is limited. And post the link to the trade forum and OKC forum if you think there would be interest.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:09 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Got an extra spot?

Yeah, feel free...I was just about to post it to other forums since interest is limited. And post the link to the trade forum and OKC forum if you think there would be interest.

I'll do it now :D.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
TheBatman
Rookie

Post#9 » by TheBatman » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:47 am

bwgood77 wrote:
TheBatman wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Well looks like they made it in. Seems pretty wide open this year.

I'm in as Chris Flair
BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#10 » by BJGOAT3 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Michigan State would be my choice as well. For some reason, Kansas' bracket screams upset to me.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#11 » by jman3134 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Who do you guys think is going to go all the way? I like UNC with the re-emergence of Paige and/or Villanova/Kansas winner for the Final 2.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:34 am

jman3134 wrote:Who do you guys think is going to go all the way? I like UNC with the re-emergence of Paige and/or Villanova/Kansas winner for the Final 2.

I have no idea. This is the first time in a while I feel this way. Most of the time teams have really good players coming back that I feel will lead them somewhere or just big time talents working at a big time program like last year with Duke and Kentucky and even Wisconsin had savvy vets.

I went with Michigan St over Oregon, partially because I watched Oregon dominate the PAC 12 which was the best it had been in years. Utah and Cal had a hard fought game in the semi finals and Oregon beat Utah by over 30 in the championship. They don't really have any stars but our a very sound team.

Michigan St at least has a very talented senior in Valentine who does everything...averages like 20, 7.5, 7.5 for the year. In a year like this I will take solid veteran teams over teams with good coaching over teams with young talent.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by jman3134 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:42 am

Still, a Virginia - Michigan St rematch would certainly be interesting. Tough to beat that team twice imo.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,214

Post#14 » by lambchop » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:46 pm

First of all, I have nothing but respect for these college ballers. They compete at a high level and many of them go on to be great nba pros and pros overseas. Many of those guys are exceptional basketball players Even at the D2, D3 and NAIA level you can find GIFTED ballers.

That being said, that meltdown by UNI against Texas A&M was nothing short of pathetic. Losing a game because you cant inbound the ball on consecutive plays is simply embarassing. Who's coaching that team? Why are 5 guys standing so close to each other and eating up space and making things that much easier for the defense. Who is the teams point guard? Where is the teams point guard? Why are the players, who receive the inbounds passes, not capable of dribbling the ball at least once to create space at better passing angles?

Dont get me wrong, that comeback was pure heart by texas, but this isn't like tmac against the spurs bringing back a team with miracle plays, this is heart vs ineptitude.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNGmD6FcQdY[/youtube]
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:00 pm

bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Got an extra spot?

Nice job leading the challenge. Interestingly, Mr. Miyagi from the Suns forum, in dead last before yesterday's games, with Villanova beating Kansas, is the sole person remaining who has picked a team to win it all that is not out of it.

Even though he still second to last, I think if ND beats NC today and Villanova ends up winning it all,he may tie for first. Virginia may have to lose too for that to happen though. Not sure if anyone picked Virginia to win today is in striking distance of jumping into first.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by bondom34 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:13 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Nice job leading the challenge. Interestingly, Mr. Miyagi from the Suns forum, in dead last before yesterday's games, with Villanova beating Kansas, is the sole person remaining who has picked a team to win it all that is not out of it.

Even though he still second to last, I think if ND beats NC today and Villanova ends up winning it all,he may tie for first. Virginia may have to lose too for that to happen though. Not sure if anyone picked Virginia to win today is in striking distance of jumping into first.

It has been a really weird tournament for me. I have no possible points left after today, at least I don't think comma but I picked enough early upsets to somehow end up in all right shape in my pools. I don't know if I've ever had this bad of a final four and still been somewhat competitive.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by jman3134 » Tue Apr 5, 2016 7:48 pm

My bracket finished second overall in Yahoo's biggest bracket. Insanely lucky (unlucky) because I put no money down on it.

Return to NCAA Basketball