New Utah Jazz Logo

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: New Utah Jazz Logo 

Post#21 » by stitches » Thu May 12, 2016 4:17 pm

New logos:

PRIMARY / The Jazz wordmark has been elevated to primary status, with the addition of the word "Utah" on top of the two Z's.

WORDMARK PARTIAL / The Jazz wordmark without "Utah" serves as a partial mark and is featured on the home and road uniforms.

J-NOTE PARTIAL / The J-Note remains as a partial logo for the Jazz; it is featured on every jersey and on the new court design.

TRI-COLORED BALL PARTIAL / The tri-colored ball is now an official logo for the Jazz; it is featured at midcourt and at the waistline of the the home, road and alt road jerseys.

SECONDARY / The new secondary logo (featuring the tri-colored ball inside a circle with the phrase "Utah Jazz Basketball" in the new custom font) is displayed at the bottom center of the court.

Revolution 9 wrote:Image

TRI-COLORED BALL / The partial tri-colored ball logo is featured at center court as an homage to the classic court the team played on at the Salt Palace and Delta Center.

J-NOTE
/ The partial J-Note is displayed inside the 3-point line on both ends of the court.

NAVY BLUE
/ The apron around the court remains navy, but the painted area inside the key has been changed from green to navy.

CUSTOM FONT
/ The baselines feature "Utah Jazz" written in the new custom font in gold lettering.

UTAH JAZZ BASKETBALL
/ A new secondary logo—featuring the tri-colored ball inside a circle with the phrase "Utah Jazz Basketball" in the new custom font—sits at the bottom center of the court.

BAND OF STRIPES / The thick color blocking of gold, navy and white—an homage to the coloring of the trim of the classic Jazz uniforms and warmups—has been modernized and sliced at a 66-degree angle on both the jersey and the shorts.

State Pride
/ The word "Utah" is featured in white on the front of the jersey in a new custom font, with angles cut at 66 degrees to mimic the cut of the primary Jazz logo. The numbers are gold for the alt road jersey.

WE ARE UTAH JAZZ / The Jazz team mantra is emblazoned at the hem of the jersey in the new custom font. The slogan is upside down so it can be read by the players when they put their jerseys on.

SLEEVES / For the first time in team history, the Jazz will wear a jersey featuring sleeves as part of the NBA's Pride Uniform program.

BAND OF STRIPES / The thick color blocking of gold, green and white—an homage to the coloring of the classic Jazz warmups—is featured across the chest on the jersey and across the right leg of the shorts.

J-NOTE / The J-Note partial mark is featured on the front of the jersey over the heart, while the numbers are rendered next to the J-Note in gold.

NUMBER FONT / A new custom font was created for the Jazz, with angles cut at 66 degrees to mimic the cut of the primary Jazz logo. The numbers are green for the home jersey.

TRI-COLORED BALL / The front of the waistband features a new partial logo at the center in navy, gold and green.

Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,071

Post#22 » by Froob » Thu May 12, 2016 4:22 pm

I fixed the pride jersey for the Jazz to be more up to date with the modern NBA

Hah really though, you guys are lucky your sleeved jerseys don't have to look stupid. If you're going to have sleeves at least don't make them really ugly.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
stitches
RealGM

Post#23 » by stitches » Thu May 12, 2016 4:26 pm

i'm of the mind - if you go sleeved jerseys go all the way. Don't go half-assed and try to preserve some semblance with basketball jerseys. That's the reason I actually like ours. It doesn't seem like they've tried to go modest and retrofit the new jersey into the old design.

I like it much better than most sleeved jerseys in the NBA.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,461

Post#24 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu May 12, 2016 4:46 pm

The court design is nice. Works for me mostly due to the colors they chose to use--love the dark blue.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
DiscoLives4ever
General Manager
And1: 2,757

Post#25 » by DiscoLives4ever » Thu May 12, 2016 5:19 pm

I like it for the most part, my only three complaints:

-Not a fan of the font used for "Utah" on the alternates
-Don't like sleeved jerseys in general, but if we have to have them I like our design
-I really like the look of using a different shading inside the three-point arc and wish the team had incorporated something like that.
stitches
RealGM

Post#26 » by stitches » Thu May 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Seems like the sleeved jersey is a throwback to those:

Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#27 » by Matt007b » Thu May 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Froob wrote:I fixed the pride jersey for the Jazz to be more up to date with the modern NBA

Hah really though, you guys are lucky your sleeved jerseys don't have to look stupid. If you're going to have sleeves at least don't make them really ugly.

:D Thanks yeah.. I'm not a fan of sleeved Jerseys but this is probably the first sleeved jersey I wouldn't mind getting as a Jazz fan..*shrugs*
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#28 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Digging the throw-back to the Salt Palace days.

I like the sleeved jersey's. I always wear a sleeved undershirt when I play because I despise the normal sleeveless jerseys. I never understood why there wasn't a sleeved option for jerseys. The design is very simple, classic and nice. Digging it.

I'm glad they didn't try and do anything too crazy and don't mind the small tweaks that were made. Much better to keep it simple than to try and be too creative and get something horrible.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
stitches
RealGM

Post#29 » by stitches » Thu May 12, 2016 6:49 pm

The more I look at the whole concept and all the different logos and jerseys and the court design the more I like it. It's growing on me fast!
Matt007b
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by Matt007b » Thu May 12, 2016 6:55 pm

agreed I wasn't too thrilled with the t-shirt leak but this is good stuff. Well done.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#31 » by FJS » Thu May 12, 2016 9:07 pm

I hate sleved jersey. Not this... all sleved jerseys should not be in nba. Then i would rather jazz in the green ones.
russnumber3
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#32 » by russnumber3 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:18 pm

All-in-all I'm completely under-whelmed with the changes. You don't say you're getting a new logo if its really just some minor tweaks to your existing logo. I think part of the reason I'm digging the sleeved jerseys is that they're the only thing that's really different from what we've already seen.
stitches
RealGM

Post#33 » by stitches » Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 pm

russnumber3 wrote:All-in-all I'm completely under-whelmed with the changes. You don't say you're getting a new logo if its really just some minor tweaks to your existing logo. I think part of the reason I'm digging the sleeved jerseys is that they're the only thing that's really different from what we've already seen.

How come? The change is obvious:
Image vs Image
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#34 » by StocktonShorts » Thu May 12, 2016 11:00 pm

I love everything about this except the font for Utah. There's something wrong with it.

I really, really love the sleeved alternate.

^^Something I never thought I'd say.
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#35 » by KDBG » Thu May 12, 2016 11:15 pm

The court looks better. As for the uniforms, I love all of them. I'm actually surprised they look so good. My biggest beef with the older uniforms was the plain number font. I know a lot of people don't like the "UTAH" on the green ones, but I don't mind them. I can see why they wanted at least one uniform to represent the state.

Biggest surprise though? I usually hate sleeved uniforms, but ours look dope as f***.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#36 » by StocktonShorts » Thu May 12, 2016 11:18 pm

KDBG wrote:The court looks better. As for the uniforms, I love all of them. I'm actually surprised they look so good. My biggest beef with the older uniforms was the plain number font. I know a lot of people don't like the "UTAH" on the green ones.

I REALLY like the green ones with "UTAH" on them.
Holdthebooze
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#37 » by Holdthebooze » Fri May 13, 2016 12:06 am

I would've loved to see some gold on the jerseys.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#38 » by Reckless » Fri May 13, 2016 3:34 am

I like them except I would have done away with the blue and went back to our roots of a purple road uniform.

Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#39 » by Daddy 801 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:09 am

StocktonShorts wrote:I love everything about this except the font for Utah. There's something wrong with it.

I really, really love the sleeved alternate.

^^Something I never thought I'd say.

100% agree. I'm gonna buy a sleeved jersey. I'm surprised people don't like the changes. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping. Only thing missing in my opinion is a green and black jersey. I wanted a Millsap one so bad a few years ago and have been waiting to find a Favors one.
Matt007b
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by Matt007b » Fri May 13, 2016 2:26 pm

Reckless wrote:I like them except I would have done away with the blue and went back to our roots of a purple road uniform.

Totally agree.. someone online posted a photo of the alternate sleeved jersey the exact way they are now but changed the color to purple...

It looked REALLY good. 8-)

Return to Utah Jazz