Giannis' Development

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#1721 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:26 pm

blazza18 wrote:
crkone wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/741281335935938560[/tweet]

‏@cf_gardner
Giannis Antetokounmpo cleared to play for Greek national team with full support of Bucks ownership, source indicates.

15 hours after the Bucks tweeted, Charles remembers he's not a soccer reporter so he'd better tweet something about the Bucks.
He was basically the first person to break it. They don't name him to the roster without the Bucks' support.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/740933935400509441[/tweet]
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
turbostef
Senior
And1: 213

Post#1722 » by turbostef » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:46 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
crkone wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/741281335935938560[/tweet]

‏@cf_gardner
Giannis Antetokounmpo cleared to play for Greek national team with full support of Bucks ownership, source indicates.

15 hours after the Bucks tweeted, Charles remembers he's not a soccer reporter so he'd better tweet something about the Bucks.
He was basically the first person to break it. They don't name him to the roster without the Bucks' support.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/740933935400509441[/tweet]

The below tweet is referring to the official announcment of the Greek Federation and the selction of the Coach.
This was officially declared. How can he be the "first to break it"?

Everybody in Greece new it at this time.

The Greek Coach was in touch with all the Greek Players during the whole past season (as he always does).
This is done to be sure which players really plan to play for Greece. In the last years there have been some unexpected
refusals / sit outs by some players so the Coach changed the process and asks the players before he invites them.

All this to be sure that no invitation is declined.

(for exemple Kaimakoglou was not invited this year. Everybody was wondering why as the Power Forward spot is quite thin
this year. After the official declaration it was declared that Kaimakoglou asked the Coach to not invite him this year as he
needs some rest. Same thing was with Papagiannis who has not been invited as the Player wanted to attend some try outs in the NBA during pre-draft)

There has been some talks between the Greek Coach and the Greek Federation with the Bucks in the past.
But I am quite sure that he the Coach did not finally "ask" the Bucks if he is allowed to invite Giannis.

Giannis officially said several times that he wants to play so why would the Coach ask for permission.
The above mentioned process is to make sure which players are ready to play for Greece; nothing else.
The regulation between the FIBA and the NBA is quite clear in this point.

Additionally the Greek media said that inviting Giannis before he got the final OK from the Bucks was done to put some
pressure on the Bucks. I think it was mainly done to take pressure from Giannis if the Bucks would not have given him
the final OK. Then Giannis would have been "not guilty" for not coming.

According to the Greek Media this was a strategic move by the Greek Coach.

I am not an insider (although I literally read everything about Giannis) but this seems plausible to me.

So it was not "the Greek coach invited Giannis AFTER talking (or Giannis) with the Bucks" but "the Invitation was
before Giannis got the final OK".

The invitation came 1 Week before the final meeting between the Bucks and Giannis so this is another indication.

So at the end of the day the tweet by cf_gardner literally came "quite" late :D

By the way, TEAM USA should change the process also. There have been a lot of unexpected refusals AKA "ghost-injuries" the last day. Especially Westbrook was not injured the whole season and now he is??
Same for Curry (ok some light injuries before some days but he is playing the finals putting 38P so he seems to be quite OK :D ).

All this late-time refusals put unnecessary pressure on the coach, TEAM USA and the players.

Wiggings declined these day to play for Canada (unexpected) and is getting **** in Canada.

There are always times that some players will not be available for their NT (even Dirk and Pau sat out some years)
so this has to be agreed between the NT and the Players BEFORE the invitation.

(I just want to add that this does not refer to Giannis. He will play every year :lol:
Just kidding.

The first free (for sure) summer will be the Summer 2018 as there is no tournament this year.
The FIBA changed the system with European Chamionschips being only every 4 years.
2017 European Chamionschip
2018 no tournament
2019 World Cup
2020 Olympic Games
2021 European
2022 no tournament
2023 World Cup and so on)

And this year is like sitting out also as he will be awy from the Bucks just for 3 weeks.
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
The Lazy Potato
Pro Prospect
And1: 300

Post#1723 » by The Lazy Potato » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 am

turbostef you should write a book..
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#1724 » by freewhitemoon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:24 am

i wish giannis skipped it like wiggins did
turbostef
Senior

Post#1725 » by turbostef » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:41 am

The Lazy Potato wrote:turbostef you should write a book..

About?

Troll potatoes? :lol:
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#1726 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:48 am

I agree! And only share it with his immediate family....never with real GM. Never with real GM.
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#1727 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:28 am

freewhitemoon wrote:i wish giannis skipped it like wiggins did

Thats why Giannis is much better than Wiggings.
turbostef
Senior

Post#1728 » by turbostef » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:41 am

Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:

I agree! And only share it with his immediate family....never with real GM. Never with real GM.

Yeah OK. Then rely on wrong information like above. Some issues cannot be dealt with in 1 or 2 sentences.
But I understand this is Twitter era and 160 characters is information too :lol:
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
turbostef
Senior

Post#1729 » by turbostef » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:11 pm

double post
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
turbostef
Senior

Post#1730 » by turbostef » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:12 pm

Sorry it's me again with irrelevant news regarding Giannis that you could have found (and read :lol: ) on your own
http://www.cyprusbasket.net/portal/ellada/to-megalo-ethniko-risko-tou-gianni-adetokounbo/

It says that there will be at least one Bucks Coach attending the Greek NT and if we qualify another 2!!!
With extra trainig between Giannis and the Bucks Coaches

Additionally it says that the Bucks wanted Giannis to develop mainly on the mental part of being a franchise leader and not only shooting.
Giannis convinced the Bucks that this year he will be the leader of the Greek NT which will the perfect preparation to be a true fanchise player and leader.

And Giannis will not sign an extension until he returns and passes all the med tests.
This will be Mids of July if we do not qualify or End of August if we qualify for Rio.

Giannis takes the full risk if he get's injured.
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#1731 » by freewhitemoon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:20 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3UVjlALiWI[/youtube]
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#1732 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:24 pm

If Giannis gets Zika that would be the most Milwaukee sports thing ever.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#1733 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:44 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:If Giannis gets Zika that would be the most Milwaukee sports thing ever.

Don't talk like that
Flap Jackson
Bench Warmer
And1: 698

Post#1734 » by Flap Jackson » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:45 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:If Giannis gets Zika that would be the most Milwaukee sports thing ever.

Why? Is he pregnant?

(Adults recover from Zika just like many other common viruses, the danger is to fetuses developing in the womb)
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#1735 » by Shaffty » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:49 pm

turbostef wrote:Sorry it's me again with irrelevant news regarding Giannis that you could have found (and read :lol: ) on your own
http://www.cyprusbasket.net/portal/ellada/to-megalo-ethniko-risko-tou-gianni-adetokounbo/

It says that there will be at least one Bucks Coach attending the Greek NT and if we qualify another 2!!!

Additionally it says that the Bucks wanted Giannis to develop mainly on the mental part of being a franchise leader and not only shooting.
Giannis convinced the Bucks that this year he will be the leader of the Greek NT which will the perfect preparation to be a true fanchise player and leader.

And Giannis will not sign an extension until he returns and passes all the med tests.
This will be Mids of July if we do not qualify or End of August if we qualify for Rio.

Sweeney has been following Giannis all summer doing two a days
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#1736 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:06 pm

turbostef wrote:Sorry it's me again with irrelevant news regarding Giannis that you could have found (and read :lol: ) on your own

This is smart. Embrace the opportunity for growth afforded by NT play.

Is it my imagination, or is new ownership handling this far better than the old regime would have/ever did? Anybody remember if we sent coaches with Bogut etc when he played internationally?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1737 » by emunney » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Flap Jackson wrote:

Why? Is he pregnant?

(Adults recover from Zika just like many other common viruses, the danger is to fetuses developing in the womb)

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/about/gbs-qa.html
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#1738 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:17 pm

Flap Jackson wrote:

Why? Is he pregnant?

I'm not saying he would likely die from it or anything. It's not the severity that makes me say that; it's just something that would happen to Milwaukee players. Like breaking a hand tearing a phonebook in half or being bit by a scorpion.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#1739 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:29 pm

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/261665/katsikaris-giannis-will-have-the-ball-in-his-hands

Katsikaris: “Giannis will have the ball in his hands”
Even without Giannis Antetokounmpo present yet – because of some extra days off – one of the main topic of discussion in the first meeting of the Greek national team was him.

As coach Fotis Katsikaris admitted: “I think it is important to do an analysis about Giannis. He is a player who every year in the national team was having a role similar with the one he had with the Bucks. At this point we can afford to give him more responsibilities than anyone else, having the ball in his hands. We will build around this player. Giannis will be the one who will take decisions on the court for us”.

Only center Giannis Bourousis is left from the old guard of the team, Spanoulis and Zisis have retired and Giannis is going to be the future of the Greek national team. Coach Katsikaris also explained why he left Nikos Pappas out of the team – “there was a denial from his side in order to work our personal differences out and be on the team” – and the coach spoke also about his personal challenge of facing probably in the game which will decide if Greek goes to the Rio Olympics the Italian NT of coach Ettore Messina: “For me it is a challenge that I am at the helm of the national team and I have this honor. So this has nothing to do with my job as a coach on a club and if the results can help me on a personal level or not. The aim is to qualify but do not forget that we have the first three games, before playing in the final”.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
The Lazy Potato
Pro Prospect
And1: 300

Post#1740 » by The Lazy Potato » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:36 pm

sooner or later virus Zika will conquer the world anyway.. :-?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks