D Wade on a private jet with Lebron and Dan Gilbert?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,787

Re: D Wade on a private jet with Lebron and Dan Gilbert? 

Post#321 » by TeamTragic » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:46 pm

gino_giode wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
gino_giode wrote:
It's all relative :lol: I would say LeBron is WAY more liked/respected after that finals comeback.

But how can you say your guys are the Rebels when you know it's gonna be so easy?

KD is Vader, Curry is Bobba Fett (likes shooting ppl all day), Klay is Jango Fett (the original clone--also shoots ppl), Draymond is Jar Jar Binx because he's so clumsy and flails around kicking ppl in the balls.

I lol'd pretty hard, thanks for digging up that gem. I stand by my comparison.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,546

Post#322 » by baller16 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:47 pm

So will Lebron and Wade have to take a paycut or what?
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,061

Post#323 » by tidho » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:47 pm

GoranTragic wrote:
Big_Aristotle wrote:I'm just wondering:
- is this really happening?
- or are Wade, LeBron and the Cavs fan just poking fun at Riley and the NBA fanbase :)

I hope both :D

I think they're just trying to get Riley to add a third year for Wade.
Somehow Wade saying "I'll go to the nuggets" isn't quite enough to inspire Riley.
DubTheVanDamage
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,182

Post#324 » by DubTheVanDamage » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:49 pm

Birdie wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
gino_giode wrote:It seems like there's a lot of buzz around this possibility, and I think it's because the majority of NBA/sports fans view the Warriors as the evil empire now. Cavs are the rebel alliance with LeBron skywalker at the helm. They need to add Dwayne Solo and then Chewbacca West to fight them.

Btw, Jerry West is Darth Sidious. He's old AF and manipulated Durant "Anakin" Skywalker to succumb to the dark side.

I think it's going to become more of an East/West thing. Fans will by and large line up behind their conference. I know for me, the only time I didn't root for the West in the Finals was when it was the Lakers and that had more to do with the NorCal/SoCal rivalry than anything.

Also, you've given roles to the people involved but I think the majority of the personalities involved are liked and respected, Lebron being the least so. If anything Curry is Luke Skywalker, KD is Han Solo, Klay is Lando Calrissian and Draymond is Chewbacca.

YEA, F THA WESTCOAST. EASTCOAST ALL DAY HOMIE! :lol:

In the end, this could be a great thing about the NBA until people realize, "damn, THESE teams AGAIN!, we tired now".

Eventually, the shine and hero status of CLE will fade when JR punches a fan or Kyrie gets caught in his hotel room with 4 white hookers or something AND if/when KD wins his 1st chip, all will be forgiven and if they go on to win 5 more, the villain role he's most def. playing and team will be a forgotten memory.

At the very least, Cavs and Dubs' fan gonna be duking it out all year even more now than this past year. I'm already ready for training camp and there's still like 100+ FA still left unsigned. 25% of the league was up for FA to be signed, that's crazy.

Here's the thing: rivalries that are competitive never get old, especially where there is genuine enmity. The Lakers/Celtics saved the NBA.

I am somewhat puzzled by the hate for the Durant by the same people who are now hoping that the actual NBA champions add a HOFer because, personally, I was cool with the Durant move (especially because it prevented a Barnes max contract) and I'd be happy to see Wade end up on the Cavs. If Melo finds a way to head over to Cleveland, all the better.

Game on!
“I pretty much played the last three games with a broken hand,” James said as he sat there with a softcast on the right hand.
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#325 » by gino_giode » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:52 pm

DubTheVanDamage wrote:
Here's the thing: rivalries that are competitive never get old, especially where there is genuine enmity. The Lakers/Celtics saved the NBA.

I am somewhat puzzled by the hate for the Durant by the same people who are now hoping that the actual NBA champions add a HOFer because, personally, I was cool with the Durant move (especially because it prevented a Barnes max contract) and I'd be happy to see Wade end up on the Cavs. If Melo finds a way to head over to Cleveland, all the better.

Game on!

C'mon now, who you fooling? I like how some Warriors fans are trying to come off as humble and be like "Oh gee golly getting Durant is swell, I'm just glad we didn't have to keep Barnes" :lol:
baller16
Lead Assistant

Post#326 » by baller16 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:53 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JKemp1997/status/750196388819046400[/tweet]
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,061

Post#327 » by tidho » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:54 pm

DubTheVanDamage wrote:

Game on!

If you're really 'puzzled by it' then you don't understand why folks were bothered by Durant to GS to begin with. I recommend you go back and read the Durant to GS thread again.
gino_giode
Head Coach

Post#328 » by gino_giode » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:54 pm

baller16 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/JKemp1997/status/750196388819046400[/tweet]

This was tweeted out like hours ago, no truth to it yet.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#329 » by Frozzy » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:56 pm

gino_giode wrote:Btw, Jerry West is Darth Sidious. He's old AF and manipulated Durant "Anakin" Skywalker to succumb to the dark side.

Definitely :lol:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#330 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:57 pm

Cavs aren't really a threat to land Wade but the Heat do need to be worried about Denver.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Mr Burns
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,799

Post#331 » by Mr Burns » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:58 pm

Wade and LeBron both need to take massive pay cuts to be able to make this work. Or they need to find someone to take some salary off their hands (Shumps 11 million or Fryes 7 million)

Right now they are at around 74 million in guaranteed salary that leaves about 20 million and some change to spend for Wade and LeBron and JR if he remains with that team.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#332 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:00 pm

gino_giode wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
gino_giode wrote:It seems like there's a lot of buzz around this possibility, and I think it's because the majority of NBA/sports fans view the Warriors as the evil empire now. Cavs are the rebel alliance with LeBron skywalker at the helm. They need to add Dwayne Solo and then Chewbacca West to fight them.

Btw, Jerry West is Darth Sidious. He's old AF and manipulated Durant "Anakin" Skywalker to succumb to the dark side.

I think it's going to become more of an East/West thing. Fans will by and large line up behind their conference. I know for me, the only time I didn't root for the West in the Finals was when it was the Lakers and that had more to do with the NorCal/SoCal rivalry than anything.

Also, you've given roles to the people involved but I think the majority of the personalities involved are liked and respected, Lebron being the least so. If anything Curry is Luke Skywalker, KD is Han Solo, Klay is Lando Calrissian and Draymond is Chewbacca.

It's all relative :lol: I would say LeBron is WAY more liked/respected after that finals comeback.

But how can you say your guys are the Rebels when you know it's gonna be so easy?

KD is Vader, Curry is Bobba Fett (likes shooting ppl all day), Klay is Jango Fett (the original clone--also shoots ppl), Draymond is Jar Jar Binx because he's so clumsy and flails around kicking ppl in the balls.

We won the championship the previous year(Star Wars: A New Hope), the Cavs won it last year(The Empire Strikes Back) and if we win this coming year it'll fit perfectly(The Return of the Jedi).

Lebron is Darth Vader and Dan Gilbert is Emperor Palpatine(Although I don't want either to die after we win the chip next season).

Steve Kerr is Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jerry West is Yoda. It all fits so neatly.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
gino_giode
Head Coach

Post#333 » by gino_giode » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:02 pm

Mr Burns wrote:Wade and LeBron both need to take massive pay cuts to be able to make this work. Or they need to find someone to take some salary off their hands (Shumps 11 million or Fryes 7 million)

Right now they are at around 74 million in guaranteed salary that leaves about 20 million and some change to spend for Wade and LeBron and JR if he remains with that team.

I think both JR/Wade can be had for 10 mil each. Give Wade the 2nd year player's option. If Cavs win, they'll re-up him for close to what he wanted (cap will go up, they'll shed Frye/RJ's salary).
baller16
Lead Assistant

Post#334 » by baller16 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:04 pm

gino_giode wrote:
baller16 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/JKemp1997/status/750196388819046400[/tweet]

This was tweeted out like hours ago, no truth to it yet.

HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#335 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:05 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
gino_giode wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

We won the championship the previous year(Star Wars: A New Hope), the Cavs won it last year(The Empire Strikes Back) and if we win this coming year it'll fit perfectly(The Return of the Jedi).

Lebron is Darth Vader and Dan Gilbert is Emperor Palpatine(Although I don't want either to die after we win the chip next season).

Steve Kerr is Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jerry West is Yoda. It all fits so neatly.

That's cute, but the Warriors are going to be very hated next year, and they're not the underdog rebels...
Goon
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,332

Post#336 » by Goon » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:07 pm

Could Heat re-sign LeBron and use the trade exception to sign Wade via sign and trade?
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 23,799

Post#337 » by NyKnicks1714 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:10 pm

I imagine Wade will wind up signing a 3 year/65-70 mil deal with Miami.
gino_giode
Head Coach

Post#338 » by gino_giode » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:10 pm

Please make a decision already Wade. I'm getting like no work done constantly refreshing these websites for updates.
rich316
Sixth Man
And1: 1,243

Post#339 » by rich316 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:11 pm

gino_giode wrote:Please make a decision already Wade. I'm getting like no work done constantly refreshing these websites for updates.

This :banghead:
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,787

Post#340 » by TeamTragic » Tue Jul 5, 2016 8:12 pm

Mr Burns wrote:Wade and LeBron both need to take massive pay cuts to be able to make this work. Or they need to find someone to take some salary off their hands (Shumps 11 million or Fryes 7 million)

Phoenix will take Frye back just to make this happen ;)

gino_giode wrote:Please make a decision already Wade. I'm getting like no work done constantly refreshing these websites for updates.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to The General Board