ImageImageImage

The Dion "Bizarro Wade" Waiters Project

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Re: The Dion 

Post#41 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:13 am

Dion Waiters led the cavs to draft picks so let lil Ricky Davis 2.0 do his thing here?
Donald Trump is an idiot.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#42 » by HIF » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:54 am

Always wanted Neon Deon on my team - oh that was the Dolphins.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
ZoStrong
Junior
And1: 803

Post#43 » by ZoStrong » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:51 am

Couldn't sleep all night thinking about Waiter in Heat uni. Yuck!
Maybe... Riley... finally... lost it... :cry:

Then it struck me! You genius wily Riley! :o :nod:
Maybe this is his elaborate "check" move to force Bosh into retirement!?!?
Who would want to risk his health to play on this team full of sorry asses and young'uns with no experiences?

Riley, you did it, again! You, the puppet master!

Ok, I could be delirious from lack of sleep. Back to the dreamland.
ElDoggo
Veteran
And1: 6,581

Post#44 » by ElDoggo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm not sure I am liking this move but Dion is a veteran coming off a strong playoff run on a team in need of vets. Richardson will have comp to earn the start. Nothing more, nothing less.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#45 » by Prince Ali » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:18 pm

unowen85 wrote:Someone needs to forcefully remove Riley from the Heat offices. We've become a joke of an organization.

can't believe you used to mod
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#46 » by No-Man » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Does this mean that McGruder is going to get cut? It's either him or Weber, and I'd like Briante more If I am the Heat considering that Waiters thrived playing almost the 3 for OKC and you already have a bunch of wings, too bad for Rodney though, I like him a lot.
Trading Bosh makes the most sense still, doubt you can get much from him ofc, or even a proper offer as of now.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#47 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Fischella wrote:Does this mean that McGruder is going to get cut? It's either him or Weber, and I'd like Briante more If I am the Heat considering that Waiters thrived playing almost the 3 for OKC and you already have a bunch of wings, too bad for Rodney though, I like him a lot.
Trading Bosh makes the most sense still, doubt you can get much from him ofc, or even a proper offer as of now.

Bosh is untradeable, atleast for one season
:reporter:
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#48 » by SweetTouch » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:13 pm

How many signatures do we need to stop this old man from turning us to the biggest joke in the league

This is downright embarrassing
Stop being so disrespectful.
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Post#49 » by unowen85 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Prince Ali wrote:
unowen85 wrote:Someone needs to forcefully remove Riley from the Heat offices. We've become a joke of an organization.

can't believe you used to mod

Hey me too!
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,150

Post#50 » by dolphinatik » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:34 pm

There have been only a handful of players compared to a poor mans wade, lance and Dion are two of them. Waiters has always berm as disappointment, waste of talent. Definition of streaky. He can get scorching hot and hit ridiculous shots then he can turn into a bonehead. Great pickup for us. If he can play defense and work on his maturity and work ethic I wish he can turn into a star. I'm excited about this pickup.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
SCHeat
Pro Prospect
And1: 676

Post#51 » by SCHeat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:02 pm

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Guess we're in that process, to be trusting

What's the point of this signing? I don't understand...

Completely unbiased opinion but I heard this signing and it sounds like a typical shrewd Riley move. If he becomes a cancer in the locker room you cut him quick. No long term investment no real salary cap hit. The salary cap is going up next year so it looks even better come next year. If he can become 50% of what he was supposed to be this is a steal. Spoelstra can coach top players in the league so he should be able to get through to Waiters(hopefully). There's virtually no risk in this signing and the reward can be him becoming a real NBA star. He's young and hasn't reached his potential. Several players have seemingly turned it around early on in their career guys like Dirk and Jermaine Oneal. In the league where you need talent to win or eventually trade for that talent this can be a diamond in the rough move.

Waiters just wrapped up his fourth season. In his fourth season Dirk averaged 23 and 10
ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#52 » by ElDoggo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Waiters should be 6th man unless Richardson struggles and has a sophmore slump, maybe.
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Doctor P wrote:Waiters should be 6th man unless Richardson struggles and has a sophmore slump, maybe.

Are you phucking kidding me?
afour495+
Sophomore
And1: 152

Post#54 » by afour495+ » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Lol you guys are going a little too crazy, Dion will get some minutes here and probably have a season not unlike his past. He put up decent stats with terrible efficiency, he has value to a playoff team. Trade him for a late first rounder at the deadline. Don't tell me hes untradeable, Hes got one year at 3 mil, you want untradeable? look at Garrett Temple for 3 years 24 mil.
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:59 pm

afour495+ wrote:Trade him for a late first rounder at the deadline.

ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#56 » by ElDoggo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Doctor P wrote:Waiters should be 6th man unless Richardson struggles and has a sophmore slump, maybe.

Are you phucking kidding me?

No. The question becomes, is he an upgrade on Gerald Green?
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#57 » by gom » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:36 am

Waiters for room exception is a good signing. Waiters for the 15th roster position sucks. We need minutes for our young players. I honestly don't understand what's going on anymore. Are we going to really piss away the potential of Briante Weber or Rod McGruder for Waiters? Makes no sense at all.

G: Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, Briante Weber, Goran Dragic, Dion Waiters, Rodney McGruder, Wayne Ellington
F: James Johnson, Justise Winslow, Derrick Williams, Josh McRoberts, Udonis Haslem, Luke Babbitt, Okaro White, Chris Bosh
C: Hassan Whiteside, Willie Reed, Stefan Jankovic

Ok, with Waiters signing, McGruder loses his chance, right? We have to keep Weber or we're stupid. Okaro White and Jankovic are probably for later anyhow. That leaves us 15 guys.

G: Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, Briante Weber, Goran Dragic, Dion Waiters, Wayne Ellington
F: James Johnson, Justise Winslow, Derrick Williams, Josh McRoberts, Udonis Haslem, Luke Babbitt, Chris Bosh
C: Hassan Whiteside, Willie Reed

I don't see Waiters instead of McGruder as an advantage. If Weber is out instead, nothing makes sense anymore. The kid is very gifted and was a steal (& is on a great contract.)

I hope he proves me wrong.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
miula
Junior
And1: 213

Post#58 » by miula » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:26 am

Both TJ and JRich >>> Waiters
CeCeySay
Junior
And1: 513

Re: The Dion "Bizarro Wade" Waiters Project  

Post#59 » by CeCeySay » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:25 am

gom wrote:Waiters for room exception is a good signing. Waiters for the 15th roster position sucks. We need minutes for our young players. I honestly don't understand what's going on anymore. Are we going to really piss away the potential of Briante Weber or Rod McGruder for Waiters? Makes no sense at all.

G: Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, Briante Weber, Goran Dragic, Dion Waiters, Rodney McGruder, Wayne Ellington
F: James Johnson, Justise Winslow, Derrick Williams, Josh McRoberts, Udonis Haslem, Luke Babbitt, Okaro White, Chris Bosh
C: Hassan Whiteside, Willie Reed, Stefan Jankovic

Ok, with Waiters signing, McGruder loses his chance, right? We have to keep Weber or we're stupid. Okaro White and Jankovic are probably for later anyhow. That leaves us 15 guys.

G: Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, Briante Weber, Goran Dragic, Dion Waiters, Wayne Ellington
F: James Johnson, Justise Winslow, Derrick Williams, Josh McRoberts, Udonis Haslem, Luke Babbitt, Chris Bosh
C: Hassan Whiteside, Willie Reed

I don't see Waiters instead of McGruder as an advantage. If Weber is out instead, nothing makes sense anymore. The kid is very gifted and was a steal (& is on a great contract.)

I hope he proves me wrong.

We're keeping McGruder. Okaro & Jankovic won't stay & McRoberts will be dealt before the season as Luke is his replacement to bring it to 15. McGruder will be sent down to work on his game until Ellington is dealt at some point in the season. Ellington & McRoberts combined should end our season under the $94M cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,772

Post#60 » by contract » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:00 am

He should be 16th man.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:

Return to Miami Heat