Post#581 » by BigDee » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Frickin Cubs.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Re: Around The League Thread 

Post#582 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Damn, GoGo got DFA'd. Awful contract year for him. We dodged a helluva bullet with that one.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#583 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:30 pm

Luis sardinas also dfa today. I guess the Brewers "won" that trade because somehow hes actually worse than Flores lol
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#584 » by wichmae » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:02 pm

I'm kinda shocked by Carlos. He'll get a make good deal with someone. Not sure wtf happened with him over the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#585 » by DH34Phan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:06 am

You can tell Gomez was playing for a contract the past 2 seasons and his play suffered as a result. He couldn't handle the pressure and he is massive headcase.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#586 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:55 am

DH34Phan wrote:You can tell Gomez was playing for a contract the past 2 seasons and his play suffered as a result. He couldn't handle the pressure and he is massive headcase.

Is that your professional opinion after spending many hours with him?
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Post#587 » by Tfence92 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:56 am

I'd take Gomez back here in a heart beat...

Dude said he wanted to retire a brewer; make it happen Stearns!
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Around The League Thread 

Post#588 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:34 am

Tfence92 wrote:I'd take Gomez back here in a heart beat...

Dude said he wanted to retire a brewer; make it happen Stearns!

I was thinking he should be the new krod where they bring him back next year on a 1 year deal then when he plays well for a few months trade him again to a contender.

I say that only half jokingly since it wouldnt shock me if it happened. I assume gomez will be looking for a 1 year prove it deal this winter to try and rebound and get a long term contract the following year. He liked playing in Milwaukee and the brewers could look at him as a bridge to brinson/phillips.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#589 » by wichmae » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Yeah theres no way they bring him back. Outside of those two years in 13 and 14 hes not been good. On top of that our organizational depth is the premier position he plays. The Gomez ship has sailed. Let him go to LAA or BAL to try and turn his career around. They need OF'rs
Tfence92
Starter

Post#590 » by Tfence92 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Pretty sure he goes to a contender regardless, but idk how you can just throw out 13 and 14... since he was with the Brewers...
wichmae
RealGM

Post#591 » by wichmae » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Tfence92 wrote:Pretty sure he goes to a contender regardless, but idk how you can just throw out 13 and 14... since he was with the Brewers...

Because it was 2 years ago and he has done nothing since then. Hes been ridiculously bad. Not just at the plate. In every aspect he's been awful.
Tfence92
Starter

Post#592 » by Tfence92 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:22 pm

wichmae wrote:
Tfence92 wrote:Pretty sure he goes to a contender regardless, but idk how you can just throw out 13 and 14... since he was with the Brewers...

Because it was 2 years ago and he has done nothing since then. Hes been ridiculously bad. Not just at the plate. In every aspect he's been awful.

'15 was an above average year in MLB terms, just awful compared to his breakout years.

This year has been God awful, but he can still be an impact on the bases... and idk what's up with the fielding this year, but he still has everything he did from the gold glove caliber years here. Not sure if it's lack of concentration or what, but I'm sure the the lack of hitting is definitely in the back of his mind all the time.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#593 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:47 pm

There is no reason to sign Gomez during this rebuild. They need to audition young talent, not take on older vets that might not have much left. You could argue they could try and play him and flip him but I don't think he's that kind of player anymore and more importantly that window is quickly closing. This year was the fire sale, next year will wind it down. They are going to build mainly through the draft after 2017.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#594 » by wichmae » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:There is no reason to sign Gomez during this rebuild. They need to audition young talent, not take on older vets that might not have much left. You could argue they could try and play him and flip him but I don't think he's that kind of player anymore and more importantly that window is quickly closing. This year was the fire sale, next year will wind it down. They are going to build mainly through the draft after 2017.

Yea the Gomez ship has sailed. Hopefully they let go of the AAAA guys on the MLB level and see what our own AAAA guys in CS can do. Theres no way Reed and Wren can be worse than Kirk and Flores. Hopefully were picking top 8 and going forward developing our own guys.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#595 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Mitch Haniger has made it to the bigs with a lofty [PCL-inflated] 1.134 OPS in AAA this year.

You may remember him as the assumed failed power prospect traded for Gerardo Parra.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#596 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:30 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Mitch Haniger has made it to the bigs with a lofty [PCL-inflated] 1.134 OPS in AAA this year.

You may remember him as the assumed failed power prospect traded for Gerardo Parra.

Im curious to see how he does. As of now id still take davies over him but who knows might end up being a good deal for the snakes too.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#597 » by wichmae » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:04 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Mitch Haniger has made it to the bigs with a lofty [PCL-inflated] 1.134 OPS in AAA this year.

Im curious to see how he does. As of now id still take davies over him but who knows might end up being a good deal for the snakes too.

I absolutely take Davies over him.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#598 » by DH34Phan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
DH34Phan wrote:You can tell Gomez was playing for a contract the past 2 seasons and his play suffered as a result. He couldn't handle the pressure and he is massive headcase.

Dude, this is a message board. Sorry, I should have said "IMO" that Gomez is a headcase.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#599 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:12 pm

DH34Phan wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:

Dude, this is a message board. Sorry, I should have said "IMO" that Gomez is a headcase.

Dude, say whatever you want. It's a message board. Be prepared to defend your criticisms of human beings you know virtually nothing about.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#600 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Piggybacking on what twirly will say about the Diamondbacks and some teams, it is really refreshing to see that not only are Casey McGehee and Erick Aybar (among others on this same team) on an MLB roster right now, they're batting 6th and 2nd, respectively.

Never change, old baseball people.

The last time Casey McGehee had a positive offensive WAR was 2010. But he's a run producer!

Return to Milwaukee Brewers