ImageImageImage

Hassan Whiteside Signs 4yr Deal With the Miami Heat

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Re: Hassan Whiteside Signs 4yr Deal With the Miami Heat 

Post#81 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:06 pm

KingDavid wrote:
CanesHeatFins wrote:
Hallstar wrote:

When those targets failed Dallas gave Dirk his money, a 38 year old PF. Dallas also NEVER asked DIrk to take any discounts throughout his prime.

Overestimated maturity? What discounts did Kobe ever give? He has 5 rings. This building through capspace BS is just a code word for cheap. And that era is over

Dirk only pulled in 10mil last season, so they were able to keep his bird rights, go whale hunting, and and still give him a kobe deal.

I'm way too knowledgeable of the cap and my team for anyone to try and pull the "Wade has never been the highest paid" or that the team asked Wade for a discount. Wade took one discount in his prime and that was a decision he alone made when he wanted to bring back his boy Haslem when they formed the big 3.

The only way to give Wade the 50 million that Chicago wasn't required to give him for some reason, was to either trade off McBob with Winslow or Richardson, summon a wizard to conjure up draft picks to pair with McBob, or ask Hassan on his big pay day to take an approx 20 million discount stretched out over 4yrs to clear off the required extra 5mil per yr to give to Wade.

Or

Wade could've done like Riley wanted(8mil 37mil 27mil) and like Dallas did Dirk....take a low 10-12 millon figure this yr, keep ya bird rights by having a low cap hold, and then get a huge kobe deal that doesn't effect the building of the team.....But all of this is assuming Wade was telling bold face lies when said "it was my decision to be selfish" and "Let’s clear up the notion Pat Riley orchestrated me getting out of in Miami. This(chicago)is a place I wanted to be."

In a weak attempt to stay on the thread topic, I'll ad an random hassan opinion. How the Heck does Hassan's 2k rating drop after the season he had, and three points lower than KAT. The conspiracy theory in me is thinking that they're trying to bait Hassan into a classic 2k rant for some free publicity.

I don't think we should hold the actions and decisions of other players against Wade. Everyone is different. No matter the underlying reason, Wade wanted more money, Pat didn't want to give it, and so Wade left. It isn't greed on Wade's end as "he has a duty to his peers to make the most money possible" -as Lebron correctly put it. It isn't greed on Pat's end, where his job is to build a team within cap rules. They both did what they had to do. It sucks, but that's business. Hopefully Wade comes back down the line.

I agree with this but with the caveat of us going all for the Heat 4 life marketing strategy. We shot ourselfs in the foot on that and like that old saying goes, it takes a life time to build trust but a moment to tarnish it.
justicewinslow
Sophomore
And1: 137

Re: RE: Re: Hassan Whiteside Signs 4yr Deal With the Miami Heat 

Post#82 » by justicewinslow » Thu Sep 1, 2016 11:30 am

CanesHeatFins wrote:
kyphi wrote:I'm sure Riley regrets letting Wade walk, but he took him for granted. Wade willingly took less money for how many seasons, and then the Heat make Whiteside (whom I so WANT to succeed) a priority. LeBron saying how great it was to be home during the same period. It turned into a hot mess with Wade (will ALWAYS love him for what he accomplished in Miami).
So now it's time for the Heat money to show up for the Heat Nation. We play the best we have as shown in the past.

This incoming rant is not directed at you kyphi

Dirk didn't get his panties in a bunch when Dallas made Hassan their number 1 target this offseason nor did he when they made Deandre Jordan the # 1 priority last season and Parsons before that.

Also Tim Duncan didn't go full diva when the Spurs made LaMarcus the number 1 priority last season, or Kawhi before that.

In my opinion the only things that Riley took a misstep on was that he sacrificed a roster spot on this year's squad, just to sign Joe Johnson a week early and he grossly overestimated Wade's maturity. Can't believe that I live in a world where offering 21millon U.S. dollars per year to a 35yo sg is code for letting a player walk.

I for one hope that we are done with the whole fake "sacrifice" discounts. The players have turned sacrificed discounts, that were motivated by winning, into a back ended loan. And in the end, it just hangs negativity over the franchise's head. I used to like the "sacrifices", but now these players want their cake and eat it to.

I agree with this 100%. Even though Wade walked...Id rather that, than him getting the Kobe contract and screwing us. Riley is straight business, family second.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using RealGM mobile app
justicewinslow
Sophomore
And1: 137

Re: RE: Re: Hassan Whiteside Signs 4yr Deal With the Miami Heat 

Post#83 » by justicewinslow » Thu Sep 1, 2016 11:34 am

CanesHeatFins wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
CanesHeatFins wrote:
This incoming rant is not directed at you kyphi

Dirk didn't get his panties in a bunch when Dallas made Hassan their number 1 target this offseason nor did he when they made Deandre Jordan the # 1 priority last season and Parsons before that.

Also Tim Duncan didn't go full diva when the Spurs made LaMarcus the number 1 priority last season, or Kawhi before that.

In my opinion the only things that Riley took a misstep on was that he sacrificed a roster spot on this year's squad, just to sign Joe Johnson a week early and he grossly overestimated Wade's maturity. Can't believe that I live in a world where offering 21millon U.S. dollars per year to a 35yo sg is code for letting a player walk.

I for one hope that we are done with the whole fake "sacrifice" discounts. The players have turned sacrificed discounts, that were motivated by winning, into a back ended loan. And in the end, it just hangs negativity over the franchise's head. I used to like the "sacrifices", but now these players want their cake and eat it to.

When those targets failed Dallas gave Dirk his money, a 38 year old PF. Dallas also NEVER asked DIrk to take any discounts throughout his prime.

Overestimated maturity? What discounts did Kobe ever give? He has 5 rings. This building through capspace BS is just a code word for cheap. And that era is over

Dirk only pulled in 10mil last season, so they were able to keep his bird rights, go whale hunting, and and still give him a kobe deal.

I'm way too knowledgeable of the cap and my team for anyone to try and pull the "Wade has never been the highest paid" or that the team asked Wade for a discount. Wade took one discount in his prime and that was a decision he alone made when he wanted to bring back his boy Haslem when they formed the big 3.

The only way to give Wade the 50 million that Chicago wasn't required to give him for some reason, was to either trade off McBob with Winslow or Richardson, summon a wizard to conjure up draft picks to pair with McBob, or ask Hassan on his big pay day to take an approx 20 million discount stretched out over 4yrs to clear off the required extra 5mil per yr to give to Wade.

Or

Wade could've done like Riley wanted(8mil 37mil 27mil) and like Dallas did Dirk....take a low 10-12 millon figure this yr, keep ya bird rights by having a low cap hold, and then get a huge kobe deal that doesn't effect the building of the team.....But all of this is assuming Wade was telling bold face lies when said "it was my decision to be selfish" and "Let’s clear up the notion Pat Riley orchestrated me getting out of in Miami. This(chicago)is a place I wanted to be."

In a weak attempt to stay on the thread topic, I'll ad an random hassan opinion. How the Heck does Hassan's 2k rating drop after the season he had, and three points lower than KAT. The conspiracy theory in me is thinking that they're trying to bait Hassan into a classic 2k rant for some free publicity.

2k doesn't need publicity lmao. Its the only b ball game people buy

Sent from my SGH-I747M using RealGM mobile app
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,616

Post#84 » by KingDavid » Thu Sep 1, 2016 7:05 pm

http://therealdeal.com/miami/2016/08/31/miami-heat-center-hassan-whiteside-pays-7m-for-miami-beach-home/

"Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside pays $7M for Miami Beach home"

Hope he can flip it for more money down the line. It's not like he was making millions beforehand like other stars his age.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#86 » by Bishop45 » Thu Sep 1, 2016 8:47 pm

C'mon Papi....
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 649

Post#87 » by CanesHeatFins » Thu Sep 1, 2016 8:52 pm

Bishop45 wrote:

C'mon Papi....

Lol :lol: I tried to edit it, but my phone won't let me since I'm all out of space. Rolled the dice, and hoped I wouldn't be called out.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#88 » by KingDavid » Thu Sep 1, 2016 10:54 pm

Stop whatever the hell you're doing and clear out you notification bar. Holy ****! I will cook you and eat you.
#HEATLifer

Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#89 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Fri Sep 2, 2016 10:49 pm

whiteside just bought a 7mil miami beach house
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#90 » by KingDavid » Sat Sep 3, 2016 7:10 am

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:whiteside just bought a 7mil miami beach house

Five posts up, my son.
#HEATLifer

QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#91 » by QUIZ » Sat Sep 3, 2016 9:42 pm

KingDavid wrote:http://therealdeal.com/miami/2016/08/31/miami-heat-center-hassan-whiteside-pays-7m-for-miami-beach-home/

"Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside pays $7M for Miami Beach home"

Hope he can flip it for more money down the line. It's not like he was making millions beforehand like other stars his age.

Eh if you're gonna blow money on something might as well be a house. Yeah the market could tank again but it usually recovers.

Chances are 20yrs from now that place is still going to be worth a ton of money if not more than what he bought it for.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#92 » by goodboy » Sat Sep 3, 2016 9:49 pm

7mill to what he's going to be getting is pretty much a no-brainer. Especially in Miami. Enjoy goatside!

Though I just hope he has a top notch financial advisor/accountant down the line lol.
Bright
yeahi
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#93 » by yeahi » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:55 pm

And whiteside is now experiencing discomfort in his other knee...
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#94 » by dancing2thabeet » Mon Oct 3, 2016 8:17 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up missing the season. Basketball gods have been **** us up the ass for over 2 years - why stop now?
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Post#95 » by perempe20 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:43 am

blocked Scola's three point attempt, an incredible block
two handed putback dunk
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#96 » by leoshes » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:45 pm

I became a fan of this guy right before he signed with us, & now he has become by favorite player in the league.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#97 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:52 am

Read on Twitter

:lol:
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#98 » by Prince Ali » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:21 am

yeahi wrote:And whiteside is now experiencing discomfort in his other knee...

...you were saying?
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Post#99 » by perempe20 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:17 am

a bad game vs the Hornets. (saw only the box score.) how did they guard him?

will Willie Reed be the next Whiteside?
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#100 » by goodboy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:22 am

perempe20 wrote:a bad game vs the Hornets. (saw only the box score.) how did they guard him?

will Willie Reed be the next Whiteside?

He was out of focused due to death in his family. Also just played 14 or so mins, sat out the whole 2nd half.
Bright

Return to Miami Heat