[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

The Future of RGIII

Moderator: LyricalRico

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Re: The Future of RGIII 

Post#41 » by TGW » Mon Aug 8, 2016 8:54 pm

RG3 is looking really sharp in training camp, according to Brown's blogs. I have a feeling the Redskins are going to get burned on this.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#42 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:27 pm

TGW wrote:RG3 is looking really sharp in training camp, according to Brown's blogs. I have a feeling the Redskins are going to get burned on this.

He always looks good in drills. It'll be interesting to see what kind of offense they run with him, how often he plays in a pocket, how quickly he gets rid of the ball, and if he looks downfield for receivers when he starts to run.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#43 » by LyricalRico » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:
TGW wrote:RG3 is looking really sharp in training camp, according to Brown's blogs. I have a feeling the Redskins are going to get burned on this.

He always looks good in drills. It'll be interesting to see what kind of offense they run with him, how often he plays in a pocket, how quickly he gets rid of the ball, and if he looks downfield for receivers when he starts to run.

Agreed, it's all dependent on what they run during games and what he does with the football against live competition. ESPN had a very interesting article about what Seattle had to do (and is still doing) to allow Russell Wilson to reach his potential. It's easy to say "just run the read/option", but apparently these plays take a lot to implement and practice. Check it out:

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/21050/how-the-seahawks-continue-to-use-option-football-with-russell-wilson

And on top of all that, the thing that makes it all work is Russell Wilson both being willing to play that style and also consistently making the right decisions with the football.

"It really comes down to the quarterback," wide receivers coach Dave Canales said. "If you have a guy that can take advantage of those opportunities, then they’re great. And when you don’t, it’s almost not worth doing. These are not easy plays. As we say, these are expensive plays, which means they take a lot of prep. You’ve got to get all the looks, and you’ve got to make sure that you’re doing the safest choice, exploiting it when it is there.

"But they take a lot of time and work. Being a West Coast offense, that is a beast in and of itself. So those two things, it really requires a lot from our guys. ... The receivers, our blocking assignments change from all of our rules, also. There’s a real investment, and we’ve taken that chance."

I haven't seen any reports/articles out of Cleveland that makes me think that the coaches are doing the same amount of work installing an RG3-friendly offense, or that Griffin is any more willing to play that way or any better at making quick decisions with the football. Again, wish him the best, but I don't have my hopes up and a few "sharp" offseason practices in shorts don't change that for me.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:50 pm

Right, RG3 has physical advantages over Wilson, but Wilson totally bought into the system that RG3 said no to, Wilson is 100 times better at seeing the field and looking for receivers when he's running, and Wilson is great at sliding - a much needed skill to stay healthy - while RG3 is terrible at it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#45 » by FreeBalling » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:44 am

No way, the kid has no idea what a pocket is...but he can sling the ball far and so could Jeff Grorge.

Please RG make it to week 4.

7 months after his kid is born he's leaving his wife for another woman. Bad decisions on and off the field.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#46 » by LyricalRico » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:25 pm

FreeBalling wrote:

No way, the kid has no idea what a pocket is...but he can sling the ball far and so could Jeff Grorge.

Apparently at least one media person in Cleveland already agrees:

#Browns Notes: McCown over Griffin is no-brainer. Can’t play in H. Jackson’s scheme w/o pocket presence. Surprised RG3 named starter.

— Andy Benoit (@Andy_Benoit) August 16, 2016

Found that in a column written from the perspective of a Skins fan, warning Cleveland about what they could very well be in store for: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/08/19/a-warning-from-rg3s-ex-wife-to-his-new-girlfriend/
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#47 » by LyricalRico » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:32 pm

FreeBalling wrote:7 months after his kid is born he's leaving[url][/url] his wife for another woman. Bad decisions on and off the field.

For those that haven't heard yet: http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/18/robert-griffin-iii-wife-blindsided-by-divorce/

He also seems to already have a tattoo of her name (which by itself is a bamma move anyway): http://thebiglead.com/2016/08/17/robert-griffin-rg-3-tattoo-forearm-new-girlfriend-grete-sadeiko-name/

:nonono:
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#48 » by TGW » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:13 am

only a bunch of losers online actually care about RG3's (or any athlete for that matter) personal life. Get off his nutsack.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#49 » by FreeBalling » Thu Sep 1, 2016 1:12 am

TGW wrote:only a bunch of losers online actually care about RG3's (or any athlete for that matter) personal life. Get off his nutsack.

Family values are important for many reasons TGW, it's ok of you don't understand why. I said before RG was a "ME" guy and not a team player in the NFL. It just shows his character as a family man. He is a ME guy there as well. Only a clown would tattoo a girls name on his arm after four months with a baby fresh out of the oven.

Kids are at a severe disadvantage with only one parent.

RG's last preseason game had a 3.0 TV raiting(5th in NFL). Lots of nut sack followers.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#50 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Sep 2, 2016 2:12 pm

The kid still has two parents.

Two parents together but not in love can be a terrible homelife for a child. I know.

You have no clue about the nature of RG3's marriage. Years together being unhappy take their toll. My mom lost darn near thirty years being hitched to my dad. At least RG3 and wife are still young.

Tom Brady has the support years later of both his childrens' mothers. He left Bridget Moynahan (sp?) for Gisele Bunchen. Both publicly cheer him on years later.

RG3s soon-to-be ex will be well compensated via child support. She can find someone else, too.

I make no assumptions either way about family values.

Sent from my LG-H345 using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#51 » by FreeBalling » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:04 pm

R-YE-Fragil is on IR. Why couldn't the NFL make the Browns vs. Redskins week one. I knew his 10 cent head would get him in trouble.

Thankfully he has left town.

I wanted to see a whole season of stats on the young man. Maybe now Dan can let go of his man crush.

I told you so................You know who you are. Hahaha
FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

NYCLaker
Junior
And1: 23

Post#52 » by NYCLaker » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:10 pm

RG3 is done....

EAgles were one of the worst pass defensive teams last season and literally, his long throws were all luck and skills from Pryor.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#53 » by FreeBalling » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:18 pm

He has choices as you can see and his 10 cent head gets him hurt. Just go out of bounds. Live to fight another day.

FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Ruzious wrote:Right, RG3 has physical advantages over Wilson, but Wilson totally bought into the system that RG3 said no to, Wilson is 100 times better at seeing the field and looking for receivers when he's running, and Wilson is great at sliding - a much needed skill to stay healthy - while RG3 is terrible at it.

Gotta say, I think that was a situation where QB's like Wilson understand that sliding is the smart thing to do there and innately do it. Not being able and/or willing to slide caused his injury. Being able to protect yourself is part of being an NFL player, and every NFL team that would otherwise consider him has to ask the question, "Why would I think he can stay healthy?" Even for a 3rd string QB, one of the requirements is the ability to stay healthy. I think the answer is a thumbs... down.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#55 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:36 am

AND FOR ALL THE RG3 HATRED ...

the REDSKINS GOT THEIR ARSES HANDED TO THEM.

Kirk Cousins would risk running three yard and take a hit like RG3 takes without thought about his body.

Kirk Cousins threw a key pick when the outcome was in doubt.

The defense looked terrible.

And AS A REDSKINS FAN WHO IS SICK OF THE LOSER BASHING OF A QB WHO IS NO LONGER A REDSKIN ....

I say hate on Gruden and Captain Kirk.

RG3 could do something like commit suicide after all this CRAP. He's been injured for years and a LEGION OF VENGEFUL PEOPLE insist on hating him.

That guy 26 years on and has more going on than the vast majority of us. I'm out.
Bye bye Beal.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#56 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 pm

So after being used by the Chargers to get the trade terms they wanted for Cardale Jones ( :nonono: ) what's next for RGIII? Here's an article that recaps the history, breaks down the issues he still has playing the position, and mentions some teams that might be a good fit.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2724116-rg3-needs-a-miracle-to-save-his-career-who-could-catch-his-hail-mary

The most interesting on is Arizona. He'd be no. 3 on the depth chart this season, but he could spend the year learning and then possibly have a shot to win the job next summer.

They weren't listed, but I would also think about the Steelers. Not sure what their backup situation is, but Big Ben's clock is ticking. They had some short-term success with Byron Leftwich (limited QB with a big arm), so maybe they'd give him a shot?
GhostofChenier
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#57 » by GhostofChenier » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Omg he sucked so bad ha. He thought he was sooooo good.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,348

Post#58 » by Kanyewest » Fri Feb 2, 2018 5:10 am

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 1, 2018 7:41 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Until he takes responsibility for his failures, I doubt he'll have successes.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#60 » by LyricalRico » Wed Apr 4, 2018 5:00 pm

He's baaaaaaaacck! :D

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/4/14891480/robert-griffin-iii-ravens-nfl-free-agency-2018

Once upon a time, Robert Griffin III was the most electrifying quarterback prospect in the NFL. Now he’s on his third team in four years after signing with the Baltimore Ravens, the team announced Wednesday.

Griffin is now the third quarterback on the roster. The Ravens were in the market for a backup for Joe Flacco. His previous backup, Ryan Mallett, is a free agent this offseason, and the only other quarterback on the roster was Josh Woodrum. GM Ozzie Newsome said that Griffin visited the team to workout last week, and the two sides came to an agreement last night.

At their press conference, head coach John Harbaugh said, “Where we’re at right now, I’m pretty excited about this player. I’m really feeling like we got a steal.”

Of course this mean he'll be all over local sports talk radio again LOL. It'll be interesting to see if he's able to win the backup spot, or if he ends up stuck at #3. (Still a shame that RGIII gets another shot before Kaepernick IMO.)

Return to Washington Football Team