Total votes: 19

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: NFC South 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:41 pm

bleu wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wow. I knew Carolina would take a step back this year, but not this bad. Stick a fork in Carolina now.

Yea, they're finished. 1-5 and they still have games left in Oakland, in Seattle, and vs. the Chiefs and Falcons. Not to mention games left against the Bucs and Saints which are in division. That team will lose at least 2 more (that's being generous), and 9-7 won't cut this year.

Yeah, they've still got a very rough schedule ahead of them. They've already lost a few must-wins. I do see them improving dramatically between now and the end of the year, but I don't think we wind up with more than 8 wins. Bad enough to be left out of the playoffs, but good enough to not get a super good pick...

I know this is a hard question to ask you and a hard question for you to answer, but now that things are not looking so good for your Panther's, who do you really think will win your division? Just trying to get a gambler's edge anyway I can for the future. And with the current records and porous defenses, I only see division winner making the playoffs, no wild card here I can see (Sorry ERnie, only 1 of your teams get in). Plus, except for one year out of the last 17 years, I know exactly how you feel after being in the Super Bowl last year. Its an empty feeling. Only a very, and I mean very few super bowl losers make it back to the super bowl. I think many of them don't even make it back to the playoffs. Its weird what happens to very good teams sometime.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#42 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
It's possible to start out 0-3 and make the playoffs. It's been done 3 times since 1990.

its interesting that you say that because I'm pretty sure the announcer said it has never happened. He may have said rarely?

this was at the bottom of an article
Since the Super Bowl era, only five teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-3 with the last being the 1998 Buffalo Bills./quote]

what propaganda is the media selling?

What propaganda are you selling?

I'm not the one lying
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#43 » by bleu » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bleu wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:Yea, they're finished. 1-5 and they still have games left in Oakland, in Seattle, and vs. the Chiefs and Falcons. Not to mention games left against the Bucs and Saints which are in division. That team will lose at least 2 more (that's being generous), and 9-7 won't cut this year.

Yeah, they've still got a very rough schedule ahead of them. They've already lost a few must-wins. I do see them improving dramatically between now and the end of the year, but I don't think we wind up with more than 8 wins. Bad enough to be left out of the playoffs, but good enough to not get a super good pick...

I know this is a hard question to ask you and a hard question for you to answer, but now that things are not looking so good for your Panther's, who do you really think will win your division? Just trying to get a gambler's edge anyway I can for the future. And with the current records and porous defenses, I only see division winner making the playoffs, no wild card here I can see (Sorry ERnie, only 1 of your teams get in). Plus, except for one year out of the last 17 years, I know exactly how you feel after being in the Super Bowl last year. Its an empty feeling. Only a very, and I mean very few super bowl losers make it back to the super bowl. I think many of them don't even make it back to the playoffs. Its weird what happens to very good teams sometime.

Yeah, I've pretty much accepted this season for what it is. An enormous letdown. I think that the Panthers start to turn it around here after the bye, and I don't think they're as bad as their record shows. But unless something miraculous (like what happened with last year's Chiefs) happens, we're not making the playoffs and I've accepted that. I have to say that the Falcons will get in, and they'll be the only NFC South team in. I'm actually buying what they're doing this year, I think they are a legitimate threat to win 12 games and make a nice run in the playoffs. The Saints, despite beating us last week, just don't have the defense, and the Bucs all around just kind of stink.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,277

Post#44 » by Hornet Mania » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Falcons are the only team in the division with a chance to win 10 games.

Atlanta: 11-5
Carolina: 7-9
Tampa- 7-9
NO- 5-11
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#45 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:51 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:Falcons are the only team in the division with a chance to win 10 games.

Tampa- 7-9
NO- 5-11

Atlanta 12-4
N.O. 10-6
Panthers 7-9
Bucs 5-11
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:08 pm

LMAO !!!!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#47 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Yeah. I just took a look at the Saints remaining schedule. I ain't seeing 8 wins in there.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:55 pm

The Saints are 2-3 and are better than Seattle and Dallas according to Ernie. Seattle and Dallas suck because we haven't played anyone yet and the Sea Hawks can't score points. But his Saints and Colts will be great because its only week 6 and his team has plenty time to beat everyone out. So funny. Or is he just plain incompetent.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The Saints are 2-3 and are better than Seattle and Dallas according to Ernie. Seattle and Dallas suck because we haven't played anyone yet and the Sea Hawks can't score points. But his Saints and Colts will be great because its only week 6 and his team has plenty time to beat everyone out. So funny. Or is he just plain incompetent.

is it week 16 yet? huh? I dont see any clinched playoff spots by anyone.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#50 » by ATL Boy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Well, just like we all predicted, it'll probably come down to the Tampa Bay vs. Atlanta week 9 TNF game to decide it.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:42 am

Carolina blew a chance to get back in the ball game, as far as the division goes.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by bleu » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Carolina blew a chance to get back in the ball game, as far as the division goes.

Dad but true. Carolina isn't going to win the division, and really their only chance to make the playoffs now is probably to win out. Which would require winning @Oakland and Seattle, and vs. Atlanta. So in other words, it's not happening.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:44 am

You still have a chance. Saints still have no defense, and I've said from day one that would be their downfall. Atlanta, well, they have a habit of folding their tents in the second half of the season. They have 4 rookies starting on defense which is not playing well at all the past few weeks. And an injury here, injury there or if Julio goes down or misses games, then Ryan will turn into another Carson Palmer choke artist.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hard division to pick a winner. Weird things happen in this division every week. I just have a feeling Tampa Bay will make some serious noise this year.

Big win in K.C. today. Tampa Bay a contender or pretender?
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: NFC South 

Post#55 » by bleu » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:56 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hard division to pick a winner. Weird things happen in this division every week. I just have a feeling Tampa Bay will make some serious noise this year.

Big win in K.C. today. Tampa Bay a contender or pretender?

I really think pretender still. It was a big win, but I've seen quite a few of their games this season and I'm just not buying in.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#56 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:39 pm

The falcons should still win divison....
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:06 am

Because my team didn't play today, the Bucs were my favorite team today. Both betting wise and, well I also had other motives and reasons, lol.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2016 1:23 am

bleu wrote:

You know, I really like Tampa Bay and Jameis Winston. I know you're not supposed to like your "division rivals", but I do cheer for them a lot. I feel like they're 2-3 years away though from being great.

You and I were the only ones that gave Tampa Bay a chance. What ever is happening to Ernie's Saints and Falcons, :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#59 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2016 1:25 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Hornet Mania wrote:Falcons are the only team in the division with a chance to win 10 games.

Tampa- 7-9
NO- 5-11

Atlanta 12-4
N.O. 10-6
Panthers 7-9
Bucs 5-11

:rofl: There's a small part of me that wishes Ernie was still here. He was so bent on hell that both Atlanta and New Orleans were playoff teams.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#60 » by Mich3006 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:30 am

This divsion will be the most interesting beside the NFC East imo, all four teams could win the divsion.

Let´s hope the Saints go for Malcolm Butler...

Return to The General NFL Board