The Amazingly Suck Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#1301 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:14 pm

TGW wrote:James Harden is knocked knee too:

Beals feet are outside of his knee joints buddy. Look at pick carefully.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1302 » by TGW » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Didn't you start a Wizards knee/ankles/toes thread? Why are you posting this in a Ted Leonsis thread?
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#1303 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Ted is the final decision maker. In other words, all problems we see, he put the final stamp of approval on. If he were wiser, the problems we see would have been destroyed as soon as they passed Ted's desk for final approval. The wiser Ted becomes, the better our experience as fans will be. The more Ted understand imperfections of his assets, the less likely he will allow the same mistake to happen again, hence knock knee players. See John Henson. Festus Ezeli, Knock knee good for vertical jumping but lateral movement is devastating for knock knee people. Manute Bol knock knee.

https://www.healthtap.com/topics/any-benefit-from-knock-knees
[url]
[/url]
nsiThe point of this thread is to make Ted Leonsis not so sucky meaning he doesn't give final approval without using knowledge from this thread.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1304 » by TGW » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:53 pm

So Ted should personally inspect with his own hands every prospective player before they draft them.

Got it.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1305 » by montestewart » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:20 pm

Terd's personal Smithers: So, Mr. Leonsis should we stick with the Blue Urinal Balls brand urinal cakes, or should we switch to the cheaper Green Weenie Genie brand urinal cakes?

Terd: Hold on, I have to consult "the thread"
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,155

Post#1306 » by AFM » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:23 pm

They call me The Bowlegged Kid. Fastest draw in the west.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,053

Post#1307 » by queridiculo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Leonsis Preaches Patience.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/11/16/ted-leonsis-preaches-patience-with-the-wizards-hope-for-the-capitals/#comments

“I understand right now that the fan base is not very happy with our performance,” the Monumental Sports & Entertainment chief executive said Monday during an hour-long “Ask the Owner” interview on WTOP. “Frankly, no one in the organization is happy with our performance. But it is very, very early in the season. We haven’t played 10 percent of our games this year. Again, if we learned anything from Washington, D.C. and the political season, we should not call the election too early. I’m not being smug in that comment; I mean it is very early. John Wall hasn’t been able to play back-to-back games as he overcomes an injury from the offseason. We don’t expect that issue to linger as we get into the season. Bradley Beal has missed a couple of games already. John was ejected from a couple of games. Our big free agent signing we think will add a lot of depth to us (Mahinmi) hasn’t made it onto the court, and I believe he will be able to play within 10 days or so. We do have to be patient, but I do understand what people are saying.”

“I would say the last 30 days have shown that anything can happen,” Leonsis said. “The Chicago Cubs win the World Series. The Cubs were last in the World Series the year before the NBA was founded, so it’s certainly been a long, long time. And someone who has never served in public office is our new president, so I look at what happens in the world and say anything can happen. All we can do, or certainly all I can do as an owner, is try to put us in position where year after year after year we can qualify for the playoffs, that we have a really, really good team and hope that we can remain healthy, and one of these years the luck will go our way, the puck won’t hit the post, we’ll win an overtime game that we [lost in the past]. In hockey, it’s so close in the playoffs. So many games go into overtime and you just have to believe that organizationally, and with the players that you have, that one of these years it goes your way. I think we have a team that we can be proud of and obviously it enjoys the community’s support, selling out every game. For the most part, our fans are happy and they all want us to win. I’m very, very appreciative of that. I’ll never take for granted the fans’ ongoing support and love of the team.”

Does he really believe the **** that comes out of his mouth?

My god, this is so **** sad. The only thing this franchise excels at is making excuses and this spray tanned clown thinks he's got the pulse of the fanbase.
skinsandwiz
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#1308 » by skinsandwiz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:05 pm

queridiculo wrote:Leonsis Preaches Patience.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/11/16/ted-leonsis-preaches-patience-with-the-wizards-hope-for-the-capitals/#comments

“I understand right now that the fan base is not very happy with our performance,” the Monumental Sports & Entertainment chief executive said Monday during an hour-long “Ask the Owner” interview on WTOP. “Frankly, no one in the organization is happy with our performance. But it is very, very early in the season. We haven’t played 10 percent of our games this year. Again, if we learned anything from Washington, D.C. and the political season, we should not call the election too early. I’m not being smug in that comment; I mean it is very early. John Wall hasn’t been able to play back-to-back games as he overcomes an injury from the offseason. We don’t expect that issue to linger as we get into the season. Bradley Beal has missed a couple of games already. John was ejected from a couple of games. Our big free agent signing we think will add a lot of depth to us (Mahinmi) hasn’t made it onto the court, and I believe he will be able to play within 10 days or so. We do have to be patient, but I do understand what people are saying.”

“I would say the last 30 days have shown that anything can happen,” Leonsis said. “The Chicago Cubs win the World Series. The Cubs were last in the World Series the year before the NBA was founded, so it’s certainly been a long, long time. And someone who has never served in public office is our new president, so I look at what happens in the world and say anything can happen. All we can do, or certainly all I can do as an owner, is try to put us in position where year after year after year we can qualify for the playoffs, that we have a really, really good team and hope that we can remain healthy, and one of these years the luck will go our way, the puck won’t hit the post, we’ll win an overtime game that we [lost in the past]. In hockey, it’s so close in the playoffs. So many games go into overtime and you just have to believe that organizationally, and with the players that you have, that one of these years it goes your way. I think we have a team that we can be proud of and obviously it enjoys the community’s support, selling out every game. For the most part, our fans are happy and they all want us to win. I’m very, very appreciative of that. I’ll never take for granted the fans’ ongoing support and love of the team.”

My god, this is so **** sad. The only thing this franchise excels at is making excuses and this spray tanned clown thinks he's got the pulse of the fanbase.

That hurt to read. What I took from Terd is that he's happy being an average to below average team. He's not really concerned with winning a championship. Teams don't win championships by luck. Its about organizational structure & strength, coaching, and talent on the floor. Unfortunately we're lacking in all phases of what it takes to be a winning organization. He's sentencing us fans to cheering on mediocrity with no plan for the organization to change course. **** you Ted. Sell my team to someone who gives a damn about winning.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,869

Post#1309 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Glad to see him explicitly state the things I've been saying for years now.

Be patient, things are ok, because "anything can happen."
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,155

Post#1310 » by AFM » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:23 pm

LOL is this dude really using the cubs winning the World Series....

Lmao....
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#1311 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:11 am

skinsandwiz wrote:

That hurt to read. What I took from Terd is that he's happy being an average to below average team. He's not really concerned with winning a championship. Teams don't win championships by luck. Its about organizational structure & strength, coaching, and talent on the floor. Unfortunately we're lacking in all phases of what it takes to be a winning organization. He's sentencing us fans to cheering on mediocrity with no plan for the organization to change course. **** you Ted. Sell my team to someone who gives a damn about winning.

Amen brother/sister! Welcome to the board!
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1312 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:29 am

Double bottom line Leonsis. What a visionary.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
skinsandwiz
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#1313 » by skinsandwiz » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:09 am

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
skinsandwiz wrote:

Amen brother/sister! Welcome to the board!

Thanks. When the teams leadership speaks like losers we can't be surprised when we get losers on the court. When "leadership" uses words like try, hope, and luck that is the true sign that they don't have a winning mindset. Organizations take on the personalities of their leaders. Ted has shown his. Loser.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#1314 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:08 pm

Ted is hopeless, they are blaming the suckage on injuries and a new coach which is what Ernie has told him. Ted is way too stupid to make his own assessment of the roster. Lets see if this is his talking point down the road.
leswizards
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#1315 » by leswizards » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:39 pm

This is no time to panic. EG is proving the doubters wrong. Everyone knows this is just a bridge year, and a championship team is just around the corner.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1316 » by montestewart » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:32 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:Double bottom line Leonsis. What a visionary.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This fabric beautifully accents your double bottom line Mr. Leonsis

Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#1317 » by Sluggerface » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm so blown at that interview. I don't know how anyone in Ted's tax bracket, that has owned an NBA team as long as he has, can compare the NBA to the randomness that presides over the MLB and NHL. Just blown.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#1318 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:36 pm

Sluggerface wrote:I'm so blown at that interview. I don't know how anyone in Ted's tax bracket, that has owned an NBA team as long as he has, can compare the NBA to the randomness that presides over the MLB and NHL. Just blown.

Exactly. He's got his sports conflated. What he says is basically true in baseball. It couldn't be further from the truth in the NBA.

World Series wins are a combination of organizational efficiency - growing a number of your own, controllable core pieces - combined with a shrewd deadline deal or two plus luck. Two balls off the bat, same hit speed, same launch trajectory- one is an out, the other is hit right toward a player.

The Nats and the Giants are, for example, built to contend every year.

In the NBA, everyone knows exactly which 2-4 teams going in can legitimately compete for a title.

Take your cue from Snyder (did I really just write that) and the Lerners, Ted. Hire a competent and creative GM, then get the F out of the way. It's the only way it works.
In Rizzo we trust
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#1319 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:06 am

queridiculo wrote:Ask Boswell.

https://live.washingtonpost.com/ask-boswell-20161107.html

Q: Ernie Grunfeld
Grunfeld has been the GM since 2003. How many more coaches is he allowed to fire before his enabler, Ted Leonsis, fires him?

A: Thomas Boswell
There are really only two Eternal Questions for which mankind has no answer.

1) Why do bad things happen to good people?

2) And your question.

Sometimes I just love Bos. One of the few local sports "journalists" who actually tells it like it is.
In Rizzo we trust
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,109

Post#1320 » by J-Ves » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:49 am

Sluggerface wrote:I'm so blown at that interview. I don't know how anyone in Ted's tax bracket, that has owned an NBA team as long as he has, can compare the NBA to the randomness that presides over the MLB and NHL. Just blown.

Not to mention the Cubs have possibly the GOAT GM while we have:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Washington Wizards