ImageImage

What's up with Aaron?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#81 » by crkone » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Family can be toxic and should be avoided if it causes mental or physical health problems in your life. Not saying that's the case with Rodgers. What about the rumor he's really gay and Munn is a beard? If we're sling crap on a wall, I'll go with that one.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#82 » by humanrefutation » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:32 pm

crkone wrote:Family can be toxic and should be avoided if it causes mental or physical health problems in your life. Not saying that's the case with Rodgers. What about the rumor he's really gay and Munn is a beard? If we're sling crap on a wall, I'll go with that one.

If he's gay, he's been gay this entire time and that didn't stop him from winning MVPs and Super Bowls. I find that less plausible, but who knows?

Unlike the gay rumor, this actually has multiple sources reporting it, including his own brother. I think the question isn't whether he's having family problems, and more of whether they're the reasons he's struggled.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#83 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:48 pm

The best thing I ever realized as I became a fully formed adult in my 20s and into my 30s is you're allowed to cut people out of your life. Doesn't matter the reason, the second you don't want to deal with someone anymore (family, friends, doesn't matter), you can simply stop talking to them. It's unbelievably refreshing.

The idea that Rodgers is playing different because he's not speaking to Dad is **** absurd.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#84 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:54 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
crkone wrote:Family can be toxic and should be avoided if it causes mental or physical health problems in your life. Not saying that's the case with Rodgers. What about the rumor he's really gay and Munn is a beard? If we're sling crap on a wall, I'll go with that one.

If he's gay, he's been gay this entire time and that didn't stop him from winning MVPs and Super Bowls. I find that less plausible, but who knows?

Unlike the gay rumor, this actually has multiple sources reporting it, including his own brother. I think the question isn't whether he's having family problems, and more of whether they're the reasons he's struggled.

That sucks to hear about his family dynamic. It certainly sounds like he's cut them & friends out of his life due to his relationship with Munn. I don't know how much I buy into the gossip. But, I do remember a rumor that went around a while back that both Aaron & Wilson were two marquee names that were "covering up" their true identities. With the rumors of Aaron supposedly "being outed" by a former boyfriend/roommate. And of course Russ went through a very strange public divorce with his Ex-wife, including rumors that Golden Tate of all people was believed to be having an affair with her. Then the whole "No sex before marriage" statement. It really does make you question everything. :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#85 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:The best thing I ever realized as I became a fully formed adult in my 20s and into my 30s is you're allowed to cut people out of your life. Doesn't matter the reason, the second you don't want to deal with someone anymore (family, friends, doesn't matter), you can simply stop talking to them. It's unbelievably refreshing.

The idea that Rodgers is playing different because he's not speaking to Dad is **** absurd.

I get this with casual friends, acquaintances, etc., but not being affected by the voluntary loss of a parent seems weird. Not to get super personal, but I have a pretty strained relationship with my dad, and I still couldn't imagine just cutting him out of my life completely and not feeling strange about it.
Do it for Chuck
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#86 » by El Duderino » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:40 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:The best thing I ever realized as I became a fully formed adult in my 20s and into my 30s is you're allowed to cut people out of your life. Doesn't matter the reason, the second you don't want to deal with someone anymore (family, friends, doesn't matter), you can simply stop talking to them. It's unbelievably refreshing.

No it's not.

We have no idea why exactly his play has declined. It could be a combination of factors. Maybe his family issues are having no impact or maybe it is having some impact. Family strain affects everyone differently. My sister and mother have had a falling out for awhile now. My mother i can tell is hurt much more by it.

Only he knows just how much cutting off his whole family is bothering him a lot, somewhat, or not at all.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:41 pm

El Duderino wrote:

No it's not.

We have no idea why exactly his play has declined. It could be a combination of factors. Maybe his family issues are having no impact or maybe it is having some impact. Family strain affects everyone differently. My sister and mother have had a falling out for awhile now. My mother i can tell is hurt much more by it.

Only he knows just how much cutting off his whole family is bothering him a lot, somewhat, or not at all.

Yes it is.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#88 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:34 am

It's not absurd at all. Are you **** kidding me?
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#89 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:45 am

I've had issues with my family and cut everyone but my sister out years ago. My day to day hasn't changed in the slightest. To each their own, I guess.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Re: RE: Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#90 » by humanrefutation » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:04 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

No it's not.

Yes it is.

No. It's not.

You might feel that way about your family. But for some people, family strains or straight-up breaks can be incredibly traumatic and bleed into other aspects of your life.

For example, one of my friends went through a tough divorce several years ago. He fell into such a deep depression that he lost a huge amount of weight and was on the verge of being admitted to a psychiatric facility before he found an anti-depressant that worked for him.

Another friend of mine had a huge falling out with his family because he wanted to marry someone of a different religion. It became a huge thing in their community and he cut them all off. Thankfully, they've reconciled to some degree, but it wasn't easy. His wife - who I know better - told me that he was in an awful state about it for months before she convinced him to get help.

Others, like you, are able to make these kinds of decisions without long term implications.

I'm sure has to do with a variety of factors. But to say that it's absurd is silly.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#91 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:39 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

No it's not.

Yes it is.

It's really not at all. Just because it fits your situation, does not mean it fits his.

I agree with the rest of what you said, but not everyone functions the same. Family problems will tear some people apart inside.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#92 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:51 am

It's all speculation. Life's events affect each of us in different ways.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#93 » by El Duderino » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:56 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
It's really not at all. Just because it fits your situation, does not mean it fits his.

DB sometimes likes to make definitive statements based on absolutely nothing he knows beyond pure guessing.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Okay guys. I'm sure when Rodgers is out there in the middle of a play, going through his reads, his thoughts are really on what his folks are up to at that moment.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#95 » by M-C-G » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Okay guys. I'm sure when Rodgers is out there in the middle of a play, going through his reads, his thoughts are really on what his folks are up to at that moment.

So I have wondered how his preparation has changed. He used to be one of the most cerebral and prepared QBs in the entire league, and as I recall known for how much he was in to game study.

I think the most likely answer (IMO) is Munn has impacted his preparation and maybe off season work.

As for the family impacting his in game play, who knows? His success was so based on chemistry, which is not a tangible thing and could be impacted by any number of things. To dismiss it as a possibility seems stupid.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#96 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:32 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Okay guys. I'm sure when Rodgers is out there in the middle of a play, going through his reads, his thoughts are really on what his folks are up to at that moment.

That's not how it works and not what anyone means, and your characterization of it as such really shows how disconnected of a thought this is for you.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#97 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:49 pm

If true

He called his gramps before every game

And didn't even go to the funeral?

Sounds odd
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:36 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

That's not how it works and not what anyone means, and your characterization of it as such really shows how disconnected of a thought this is for you.

Okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:39 pm

You guys know he's having a really good year, right? That according to analysis of every throw he's made, Rodgers is on pace to lead the league in yards lost to receiver error for the second consecutive season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#100 » by jazzfanWA » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:35 pm

Years ago I had to cut Heather Locklear out of my life. It was a good two years before I could look at another woman.

Return to Green Bay Packers