Image ImageImage Image

GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , dougthonus, GimmeDat, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man

User avatar
BloodyQ
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,841
And1: 778
Joined: Sep 30, 2008

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#41 » by BloodyQ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:06 pm

The players know that this game and the Cavs ones are huge.
Bulls03
General Manager
Posts: 8,861
And1: 1,825
Joined: Jul 07, 2016

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#42 » by Bulls03 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:13 am

meekrab wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:This is a huge trap game. Lakers are dangerous. Plenty of off time for us.

Cavs game looming.

We outlasted them in LA on a B2B without Wade, I would hope we can handle them at home, rested, with him.


Yea I'm confident. Look for Jimmy and Wade to have big games to get that confidence going into the Cavs game.
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 37,704
And1: 20,180
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#43 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:33 am

Read on Twitter
My Tweets:@JordanDynasty
weneeda2guard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,065
And1: 2,790
Joined: Feb 07, 2011

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#44 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:04 am

Espn has moved us to 6th in the league in power rankings.

Def enjoyed there tidbit on us

"How perfect. The Bulls have only one game left this month: Wednesday night's date with the Lakers. The same Lakers who stand as the only team that can realistically deny Jimmy Butler & Co. from being crowned November's Biggest Surprise Team. Chicago awoke Monday on a short list of three teams, alongside only Golden State and the L.A. Clippers, that find themselves in the top 10 in bothoffensive and defensive efficiency -- as predicted by absolutely no one."
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Ctownbulls
RealGM
Posts: 11,779
And1: 3,139
Joined: May 05, 2001

Re: RE: Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#45 » by Ctownbulls » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:26 am

BloodyQ wrote:The players know that this game and the Cavs ones are huge.

Why is this game huge?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
User avatar
kdapiton
RealGM
Posts: 23,040
And1: 6,246
Joined: Jan 09, 2013
Location: Manetheren
 

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#46 » by kdapiton » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:This is a huge trap game. Lakers are dangerous. Plenty of off time for us.

Cavs game looming.

It has the makings of one that's for sure

1. First home game after long trip
2. .500 team
3. Long break
4. Big game coming up two days after against

Yep
Make America skwaat again
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 37,704
And1: 20,180
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#47 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:30 am



chef. future HoF. sensei. older marquette product. whatever i should call you. thank you for teaching me what it takes to be great. for pushing me and for setting goals for myself that i never thought id reach. and for being my biggest critic. we not done! #nonshooters #onlynicethingilleversay #saynomorefam
My Tweets:@JordanDynasty
nitric0
RealGM
Posts: 10,920
And1: 219
Joined: Jan 27, 2008

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#48 » by nitric0 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:28 am

The Wade/Butler bromance is making me jealous :lol:
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
Mk0
RealGM
Posts: 12,428
And1: 6,316
Joined: Jul 02, 2010
   

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#49 » by Mk0 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 am

lol @ #nonshooters
Ichimoku
Junior
Posts: 305
And1: 104
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
Location: Warsaw, Poland
       

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#50 » by Ichimoku » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Russell won't play for the LA. It's a must-win game that will help us to tie with Raptors on the 2nd seed. I really hope for an easy 20 points win, so Jimmy and Wade don't have to play more than 35 minutes.
User avatar
JeremyB0001
General Manager
Posts: 7,582
And1: 810
Joined: Jul 25, 2007

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#51 » by JeremyB0001 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:16 pm

Rerisen wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:Also, Bulls ranked 7th on offense and defense as of today. That Philly game pushed them up like 5 spots on defense.


That we can still move that much on one game tells us our ranks are still going to need a moderately larger sample before we can confidently say much of what this team is.


Not necessarily. What's predictive of future success is the margin by which a team is outscoring opponents. Slippage on one end might not be a big deal if the the team is doing great on the other end and thus still outscoring opponents by a large margin. Moreover, looking at the rankings could be misleading - even late in the season - because teams could be bunched closely together.

For example, let's take a hypothetical team that's third in scoring at 110 points per 100 possessions and sixth in defense, allowing 101 points per 100 possessions. Let's say the team has a game where it keeps up its scoring rate on offense but gives up a lot of points and its points allowed dips to 101.5 points per 100 possessions. There are a lot of teams bunched up next to each other in the points allowed ranking so this moderate drop causes the team to slip five spots in the ranking. It might seem like a major fluctuation that the team went from being ranked third and sixth to third and 11th. But the scoring margin only dropped from 9 points per 100 possessions to 8.5 points per 100 possessions, which would have a relatively minor effect on how many games the team is projected to win. Perhaps it means that the team is now projected to win 59 rather than 60 games. (Of course, there could be teams bunched up in terms of point differential and, ultimately, wins, which could mean that by winning one or two fewer games, the team's playoff seed drops by a few spots.)
Ctownbulls
RealGM
Posts: 11,779
And1: 3,139
Joined: May 05, 2001

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#52 » by Ctownbulls » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:29 am

Lakers getting smoked by NOH tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 37,704
And1: 20,180
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#53 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:52 am

:lol: Jimmy really loves this song

My Tweets:@JordanDynasty
weneeda2guard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,065
And1: 2,790
Joined: Feb 07, 2011

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#54 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:23 am

Looks like nick young will be out for our game
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
Posts: 8,873
And1: 2,366
Joined: Oct 09, 2013

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#55 » by DarthDiggler69 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:34 am

No Young or Russell, man Bulls better put them away early and rest up for the Cavs game


Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 105,369
And1: 25,049
Joined: Nov 23, 2003

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#56 » by Rerisen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:07 am

JeremyB0001 wrote:Not necessarily. What's predictive of future success is the margin by which a team is outscoring opponents. Slippage on one end might not be a big deal if the the team is doing great on the other end and thus still outscoring opponents by a large margin. Moreover, looking at the rankings could be misleading - even late in the season - because teams could be bunched closely together.

For example, let's take a hypothetical team that's third in scoring at 110 points per 100 possessions and sixth in defense, allowing 101 points per 100 possessions. Let's say the team has a game where it keeps up its scoring rate on offense but gives up a lot of points and its points allowed dips to 101.5 points per 100 possessions. There are a lot of teams bunched up next to each other in the points allowed ranking so this moderate drop causes the team to slip five spots in the ranking. It might seem like a major fluctuation that the team went from being ranked third and sixth to third and 11th. But the scoring margin only dropped from 9 points per 100 possessions to 8.5 points per 100 possessions, which would have a relatively minor effect on how many games the team is projected to win. Perhaps it means that the team is now projected to win 59 rather than 60 games. (Of course, there could be teams bunched up in terms of point differential and, ultimately, wins, which could mean that by winning one or two fewer games, the team's playoff seed drops by a few spots.)


Extreme corner cases excepted naturally. Point differential is a better predictor than your off/def ranks, I would agree, my comment should be taken as associating with all those related metrics. Main point being, 16 games doesn't mean much for predicting your season. In 2011 we started 9-8, then won the most in the league. Last year we started 11-5, barely ended over .500.

Ranks can be somewhat deceptive depending on season, however they are useful shorthand because people easily grasp what being 5th at defense means, relative to stating the Def Rtg is 102.5, as many fans will have no idea how that stacks up historically or in a given season.

That a large majority of title teams rank top 10 in both Offense and Defense is worth noting, even though being 3rd one year might not be the same as being ranked 3rd another year in terms of the statistical gap in teams up or down from you.
User avatar
ImSlower
Analyst
Posts: 3,605
And1: 3,353
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL
   

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#57 » by ImSlower » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:23 am

We'd better **** win this game.

Total away-team ramble - I am so high on Randle. Was totally on him pre-draft. The injury was devastating. Then he sort of stumbled out of the gate. But I think he's a damn horse, and is one of my favorite young players in the league. Not really a fan of the rest of the guys. He is basically what I was originally hoping Portis might have become when we grabbed him - but Randle is so much stronger. I think he's going to be a superior Taj for the next ten years - maybe not a top 10 big, but just a reliable, athletic hustler on both ends of the court. He is still sloppy, but I think next year he will be an MIP candidate.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 12,957
And1: 6,284
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#58 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 am

ImSlower wrote:We'd better **** win this game.

Total away-team ramble - I am so high on Randle. Was totally on him pre-draft. The injury was devastating. Then he sort of stumbled out of the gate. But I think he's a damn horse, and is one of my favorite young players in the league. Not really a fan of the rest of the guys. He is basically what I was originally hoping Portis might have become when we grabbed him - but Randle is so much stronger. I think he's going to be a superior Taj for the next ten years - maybe not a top 10 big, but just a reliable, athletic hustler on both ends of the court. He is still sloppy, but I think next year he will be an MIP candidate.


There is still plenty of time for Portis. Mirotic is the guy that really needed to finally "get it" this year and so far he has still been far too inconsistent. But the combination of Taj, Lopez and Niko is giving us enough frontctourt offense that it is not a weakness, yet.
tialeoni
Sophomore
Posts: 110
And1: 58
Joined: Feb 13, 2015
Location: Italy
   

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#59 » by tialeoni » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:28 am

RedBulls83 wrote::lol: Jimmy really loves this song



User avatar
AKfanatic
RealGM
Posts: 11,706
And1: 9,393
Joined: May 20, 2001
     

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls vs. L.A. Lakers - 11/30/2016 - 7:00 pm CT - CSN 

Post#60 » by AKfanatic » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:19 pm

DarthDiggler69 wrote:No Young or Russell, man Bulls better put them away early and rest up for the Cavs game


Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app

Had this been the same Bulls squad of the past few seasons I'd be almost expecting a loss. So far in this early season the Bulls seem much more motivated to put bad teams away early. Hoping for more of the same in this one.

Return to Chicago Bulls