Titans
35%

Total votes: 23

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,278

Re: AFC South 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:17 pm

I just can't believe how bad Osweiller despite having all those weapons around him. He just flat out sucks. Texans sure screwed themselves with this deal and I bet Elway has a huge smile on his face.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#42 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:37 pm

You know... I have the same question.

Read on Twitter
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#43 » by bleu » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:22 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:You know... I have the same question.

Read on Twitter

They are a very interesting team to me. By every means, they should be a good team in my opinion, and the opinion of many others. They have lots of great players, they've made recent progress, they have a supportive owner, etc. But they just haven't been able to live up to any of it so far this year or in years past. I just keep waiting for them to explode and win a Super Bowl or something, but I'm starting to doubt it happens anytime soon.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 am

bleu wrote:

Read on Twitter

They are a very interesting team to me. By every means, they should be a good team in my opinion, and the opinion of many others. They have lots of great players, they've made recent progress, they have a supportive owner, etc. But they just haven't been able to live up to any of it so far this year or in years past. I just keep waiting for them to explode and win a Super Bowl or something, but I'm starting to doubt it happens anytime soon.

I'm starting to doubt it too. And I don't lay it all at the feet of Gus Bradley. They just seem like a collection of ill-fitting parts that don't quite mesh for some reason. And they underachieve as a result. I had to look up David Caldwell as I had no idea who the GM is. I'm not sure what his philosophy is or if he has one. But this team has clearly not met expectations and the clock is running on this build. They had better figure it out pretty quick.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:37 am

Here's one problem with the Jags... one that a Cowboys fan understands clearly when looking at why a team underachieves. From Rick Gosselin's Thursday rankings;

#24 - Jaguars
The 2-4 Jaguars have been assessed a league-leading 555 yards in penalties this season.

Hard to win that way.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#46 » by Mr. E » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Why he isn't busy trying to solve the Murder on the Orient Express?
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#47 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:04 am

Looks like the titans can be a strong contender to win this division. Every time I see them play, they look better and better. Mariotta is growing up fast and Murray is burning it up.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Post#48 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:55 am

Anyone change their votes here? I wouldn't mind seeing Tennessee taking it and as improbably as the SB matchup of Winston vs Mariota in their second seasons is, there would possibly at least be that chance (and obviously TB would have to wins their's as well).
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:55 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Anyone change their votes here? I wouldn't mind seeing Tennessee taking it and as improbably as the SB matchup of Winston vs Mariota in their second seasons is, there would possibly at least be that chance (and obviously TB would have to wins their's as well).

I'm sure a certain faction here isn't happy with the Titans and the progress they appear to be making... but that is a solid team right now. Mariota has grown into the QB position nicely and I'm really happy for Murray after that disaster in Philly last season. I'm still not sure how far they can go this season but they are only going to get better.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 6, 2016 10:55 pm

Love to see the Titans win the division. I think they will have a nice offense. Love what they have done. However, IMHO they have the absolute worse CB's in the league.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:44 am

Big win today for the Titans. Love to see them make the playoffs.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#52 » by Prince12 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Texans get the Jags and Bengals at home while Titans go to KC next week and then the Jags.
They play each other in Week 17. IF the Texans can pull it together the divison record should see them in.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#53 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Prince12 wrote:Texans get the Jags and Bengals at home while Titans go to KC next week and then the Jags.
They play each other in Week 17. IF the Texans can pull it together the division record should see them in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans beat KC. Who won the first matchup between Hou/Tenn?
Prince12
RealGM

Post#54 » by Prince12 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:26 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Prince12 wrote:Texans get the Jags and Bengals at home while Titans go to KC next week and then the Jags.
They play each other in Week 17. IF the Texans can pull it together the division record should see them in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans beat KC. Who won the first matchup between Hou/Tenn?

Texans are undefeated in division games.

I would be surprised in KC if the titans won, very.

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:32 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

I wouldn't either but Mariotta can't go 6/20 for 88 yards again.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#56 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Prince12 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Titans just seem to be on a roll. I think KC has won a lot of games they were VERY lucky to win. The Raiders win was somewhat impressive, but the Raiders have barely won a lot of games too, games against not so great teams. I think the division is good, but may not be quite as good as people like. Tons of Denver, KC, and Oakland games came down to fluky plays (Denver blocking XP against NO), Raiders going for it on 4th against TB (earlier in year when they were not playing nearly as well) and also against someone else more recently. I watch every game in that division.

If they can avoid turnovers against KC, they can win. That may be hard to do, but KC relies heavily on those. Sounds like Texans control their own fate regardless, so if they just take care of business, they'll be fine either way.
Prince12
RealGM

Post#57 » by Prince12 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:44 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Prince12 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Titans just seem to be on a roll. I think KC has won a lot of games they were VERY lucky to win. The Raiders win was somewhat impressive, but the Raiders have barely won a lot of games too, games against not so great teams. I think the division is good, but may not be quite as good as people like. Tons of Denver, KC, and Oakland games came down to fluky plays (Denver blocking XP against NO), Raiders going for it on 4th against TB (earlier in year when they were not playing nearly as well) and also against someone else more recently. I watch every game in that division.

If they can avoid turnovers against KC, they can win. That may be hard to do, but KC relies heavily on those. Sounds like Texans control their own fate regardless, so if they just take care of business, they'll be fine either way.

Well yeah, we could just not throw the ball at all the last three weeks, that would do it.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Raider and Charger fans have no objectivity when it comes to the Chiefs. Just like me when it comes to the Egals and Redskins. Too funny.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#59 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 7, 2017 10:23 pm

Ever wonder why the Houston Texans always play second fiddle to the Dallas Cowboys in the State of Texas? Because they are stupid, have no balls to admit they made a mistake and have no idea how to win. They have this nice young team with some real nice pieces. They already have the best defense in football in the easiest division in the NFL to win in. And yet, they are willing to waste this opportunity with Osweiller and hold them back for the next few years. DUMB.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#60 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:33 am

Dwayne Allen traded to Patriots.

Tony should go to the Texans. Obivous move for him and Texans. It should work as 3 year deal.

Return to The General NFL Board