Fantasy Draft: All 2015-16 Players R1: Hawk Eye vs. DroppinDimes

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,776

Fantasy Draft: All 2015-16 Players R1: Hawk Eye vs. DroppinDimes 

Post#1 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do NOT vote in this thread until Hawk Eye and DroppinDimes have submitted their writeups.

**First to 5 votes advances**
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Re: Fantasy Draft: All 2015-16 Players R1: Hawk Eye vs. DroppinDimes 

Post#2 » by Hawk Eye » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:12 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rotations:

PG: John Wall(36)/Leandro Barbosa(12)
SG: Joe Johnson(36)/Leandro Barbosa(12)
SF: Ron Artest(26)/Thabo Sefolosha(22)
PF: Dirk Nowitzki(38)/Ron Artest(10)
C: Joakim Noah(38)/Omer Asik(10)

Starters:

PG: John Wall
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Ron Artest
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Joakim Noah

Bench:

G: Leandro Barbosa
F: Thabo Sefolosha
C: Omer Asik

FGA Per Player:

(2010-11) Dirk Nowitzki = 16.2
(2002-03) Ron Artest = 12.3
(2013-14) Joakim Noah = 10.0
(2004-05) Joe Johnson = 14.4
(2015-16) Thabo Sefolosha = 5.0
(2014-15) John Wall = 14.8
(2011-12) Omer Asik = 2.4
(2006-07) Leandro Barbosa = 13.9

Total FGA:

89/90.0 FGA

Write-Up:

Congrats to DroppinDimes for building a great squad. I'm looking forward to this matchup and can't wait to see how it turns out.

I am pleased with the way my team turned out and I think I've done a great job considering the era restrictions on building around Dirk.

I want to start with my wing defense. Outside of the more splashy names like Kawhi, LeBron, Paul George, etc. I think Artest/Sefolosha is one of the better perimiter defender duo's in this game. Prime Artest was a monster defender with the Pacers and Sefolosha has been an excellent defender for the Hawks the last 3 years. I think these two will be able to mitigate Kawhi's impact offensively and really bother DroppinDimes other weapons if switched out onto.

PnR is the most used set in basketball and I think I've done a great job setting one up with Wall/Dirk. Wall is going to make life easier for all of my guys and get everyone clean open looks.

Barbosa, Johnson, and Dirk are all extremely effecient and terrific shooters.

I've got great passing/playmaking from the perimiter (Wall) and from the post (Noah).

Ultimately, I just feel like this team has a nice blend of everything needed. Shooting, defense, scoring, efficiency, athleticism, length, playmaking, halfcourt game, transition game, etc. I also feel like I've got the best peak player in this matchup with Dirk. Dirk's 2011 post season run was a stroke of brilliance.

Good luck to DroppinDimes in this one!
DroppinDimes
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#3 » by DroppinDimes » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:41 pm

Playa Haters

ROSTER

Rotations:

PG:Damien Lillard (36) / Giannis (12)
SG:Giannis (18) / J.J Redick (30)
SF:Kawhi Leonard (38) / Giannis (5) / Dudley (5)
PF:Derrick Favors (36) / Dudley (12)
Cc: Marc Gasol (38) / Ed Davis (10)

Starters:

PG: Damien Lillard
SG: Giannis Antetokounmpo
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Derrick Favors
C: Marc Gasol

Bench:

G: J.J Redick
F: Jared Dudley
C: Ed Davis

FGA Per Player:
Kawhi Leonard - 15/16 - 15.1
Marc Gasol - 12/13 - 10.9
Damien Lillard - 14/15 - 16.6
Giannis Antetokounmpo - 15/16 - 12.7
Jared Dudley - 09/10 - 6.0
Derrick Favors - 14/15 - 12.4
J.J Redick - 15/16 - 11.7
Ed Davis - 15/16 - 4.2

Total FGA:

89.6/90.0

Quick writeup. I'm going to avoid a matchup specific writeup since everyone has their own opinion and will draw their own conclusions. I'm very happy with my team overall. I have a great balance of shooting, playmakers, length, defense.

The weaknesses of certain players (Lillard's Defense or Giannis outside shooting) is minimized because of the other players on the floor with them.

My frontline defense is amazing with Kawhi, Favors, and Gasol and they fit together beautifully.

I can run the PnR and PnP with Lillard and Gasol and have a true down low player in Favors. Also I don't have a ball dominant team. Most can be successful off the ball which means Lillard and Giannis can run the show at PG.

I feel this is just a complete team overall with no real weakness that can be exposed.

Good luck to Hawk Eye

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app
DroppinDimes
Veteran

Post#4 » by DroppinDimes » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:35 am

Just in case, this is ready to be voted on :)

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:53 am

My reservations with Wall in this setting are well known, but they're mitigated a lot by the presence of shooters like Dirk and Johnson plus Barbosa off the bench. (In any case Giannis is a more problematic outside shooter than Wall.) It's also very useful to have Wall's defense against Lillard who will be a major driving force offensively for DD.

Both teams are nicely balanced but I just have more confidence in Dirk than Leonard (who will be guarded by Artest at his defensive peak) or Lillard as the hub of an offense under playoff-type conditions.

Vote: Hawk Eye
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#6 » by damecurry » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:08 am

Yeah i really really enjoy DDs team but this is a tough matchup, with wall/artest as stoppers agains dame/kawhi and noone to handle dirk on the other end (favors cant stay with him on the perimiter.)
Vote: hawkeye
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#7 » by Tony Snell » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:19 am

I like the fit of both of these teams. Nice job guys. I'll have to go with Hawk Eye in this one. I think Dirk exploits Favors. Both teams have stellar defenses, so no real advanrages there. I think Wall surrounded by shooters is very dangerous. I'm not totally sold on the Kawhi/Giannis fit. Overall, very well done to both players.

Vote: Hawk Eye
Greatest Bulls of All Time: 1. TONY SNELL 2. Jordan 3. Pippen 4. Rose 5. Gilmore
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Post#8 » by Snakebites » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:27 am

This ones a bit of a tough call for me actually.

I like Droppindimes team. Giannis is a great talent that will be an amazing pick in a couple of years in these games when we have some nearer to prime years available, but I agree that he's a wonky fit here and now.

I like Hawk Eye's team but don't embrace it as a perfect team either.

Overally I give the slight edge to Hawk Eye. Tough call though.
DroppinDimes
Veteran

Post#9 » by DroppinDimes » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:03 am

Snakebites wrote:This ones a bit of a tough call for me actually.

I like Droppindimes team. Giannis is a great talent that will be an amazing pick in a couple of years in these games when we have some nearer to prime years available, but I agree that he's a wonky fit here and now.

I like Hawk Eye's team but don't embrace it as a perfect team either.

Overally I give the slight edge to Hawk Eye. Tough call though.

Just wanted to respond about Giannis. I took last years version. Giannis showed a lot of growth as a player last year. Is already a heck of a playmaker and was able to play with and without the ball. Obviously he's still young and learning but I didn't need him to lead this team. I actually believe he's a good fit here. Him and Kawhi at the wings is a killer on defense. That's amazing length at the 2 and 3. Offensively I felt this was a good fit. When he's at the 2 guard, he can play off Lillard and both can handle the ball and create for themseleves. Leonard then would be allowed to play off the ball. Leonard is able to space the floor, opening lanes for Giannis and Dame. When he's at point, he'll have Redick and either Kawhi/Dudley spacing the floor providing him room to attack the basket and create for himself or others. I thought it was a good fit but hey everyone is allowed their own opinion. Thanks
DroppinDimes
Veteran

Post#10 » by DroppinDimes » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:04 am

Hawk Eye - I'm going to have to start building my teams to beat you because you keep killing me in these :D
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,046

Post#11 » by Laimbeer » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:02 pm

Dirk is more reliable as a go-to scorer but I like the balance, fit and blend of DD's squad. Noah's offensive deficiencies allow Gasol to help a lot more. Too much being made of Freak, but I would have minimized his role as much as possible in the backcourt. Very close, though.

Vote: DroppinDimes

Note: I'd have strongly considered a defensive switch with Kawhi on Dirk. Dame, Gasol, Favors, and Redick can all help with the scoring load.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: Fantasy Draft: All 2015-16 Players R1: Hawk Eye vs. DroppinDimes (Votes needed) 

Post#12 » by pelifan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:38 pm

there are other reasons, but I'll just get to the biggest one. 2015 Lillard is a no go for me.

Vote: Hawkeye.
DroppinDimes
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: Fantasy Draft: All 2015-16 Players R1: Hawk Eye vs. DroppinDimes (Votes needed) 

Post#13 » by DroppinDimes » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:04 pm

pelifan wrote:there are other reasons, but I'll just get to the biggest one. 2015 Lillard is a no go for me.

Lol.

DroppinDimes
Veteran

Re: Fantasy Draft: All 2015-16 Players R1: Hawk Eye vs. DroppinDimes (Votes needed) 

Post#14 » by DroppinDimes » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Congrats Hawk Eye. I'll get you at some point :)

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Hawk Eye advances with 5 votes.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#16 » by Hawk Eye » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:37 pm

DroppinDimes wrote:Congrats Hawk Eye. I'll get you at some point :)

Sorry, had something come up yesterday. You've beaten me before! If memory serves, I think you got me with Chris Paul and Hakeem a while back.

But I look forward to our future duels 8-)
pelifan
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Fantasy Draft: All 2015-16 Players R1: Hawk Eye vs. DroppinDimes (Votes needed) 

Post#17 » by pelifan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:06 pm

DroppinDimes wrote:
pelifan wrote:there are other reasons, but I'll just get to the biggest one. 2015 Lillard is a no go for me.

Lol.

2015 Lillard isn't a top 5 point in the NBA yet. I don't think you want him as your number 1 guy. Big Kawhi fan though.
DroppinDimes
Veteran

Post#18 » by DroppinDimes » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:23 pm

pelifan wrote:
DroppinDimes wrote:

Lol.

2015 Lillard isn't a top 5 point in the NBA yet. I don't think you want him as your number 1 guy. Big Kawhi fan though.

This is where voting IMO is a joke. 2015 Lillard isn't a top 5 PG. Actually many had him as a top 5 PG. Also what does that have to do with anything? You just chose to ignore the season I chose where he put up the following: 21ppg, PER of 20.7, TS %560, WS of 10.6, VORP of 5.2 and an All-Star? Using that logic, why did you choose 2011 Derrick Rose? He wasn't an MVP yet

Also, I'm asking Lillard to run my offense and continue to do his thing offensively, not be my #1 guy. Kawhi is my main guy. I respect you Pelifan but sometimes I think you get a little too cute with your reasoning on players but it's all good.
pelifan
RealGM

Post#19 » by pelifan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:29 pm

DroppinDimes wrote:
pelifan wrote:
DroppinDimes wrote:Lol.

This is where voting IMO is a joke. 2015 Lillard isn't a top 5 PG. Actually many had him as a top 5 PG. Also what does that have to do with anything? You just chose to ignore the season I choose where he put up the following: 21ppg, PER of 20.7, TS %560, WS of 10.6, VORP of 5.2 and an All-Star? Using that logic, why did you choose 2011 Derrick Rose? He wasn't an MVP yet

Also, I'm asking Lillard to run my offense and continue to do his thing offensively, not be my #1 guy. Kawhi is my main guy. I respect you Pelifan but sometimes I think you get a little too cute with your reasoning on players but it's all good.

2011 Derrick Rose wan't MVP huh... and I'm being cute?

My point is you need 2016 Lillard with your roster construction. The stats you listed for 2015 Lillard aren't particularly impressive, I don't even think that version of Lillard has a clear edge on Wall in this matchup which is what you needed considering the defenses were close to equal and Hawkeye has Dirk.
DroppinDimes
Veteran

Post#20 » by DroppinDimes » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:38 pm

pelifan wrote:
DroppinDimes wrote:
pelifan wrote:

This is where voting IMO is a joke. 2015 Lillard isn't a top 5 PG. Actually many had him as a top 5 PG. Also what does that have to do with anything? You just chose to ignore the season I choose where he put up the following: 21ppg, PER of 20.7, TS %560, WS of 10.6, VORP of 5.2 and an All-Star? Using that logic, why did you choose 2011 Derrick Rose? He wasn't an MVP yet

2011 Derrick Rose wan't MVP huh... and I'm being cute?

My point is you need 2016 Lillard with your roster construction. The stats you listed for 2015 Lillard aren't particularly impressive, I don't even think that version of Lillard has a clear edge on Wall in this matchup which is what you needed considering the defenses were close to equal and Hawkeye has Dirk.

Yeah, using your logic, 2011 Rose isn't an MVP. You chose the year that won him an MVP but he wasn't an MVP yet. That's the same logic as saying the year I chose, Dame wasn't a top 5 PG but yet the season I chose is the season that made him a consensus top 5 PG the following year. You follow that?

In addition, 2014/15 is actually Lillard's best year overall.His efficiency was a lot better than last year. The only thing that really went up was his PPG but that's because he attempted 3 more FGAs a game. It's all good though. Thank you for voting.

Also per advanced stats or anything else, 14/15 Lillard was better than 14/15 Wall but again Thank you for voting.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games