Colin Kaepernick Won't Leave NFL For Political Pursuits In 2017

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Colin Kaepernick Won't Leave NFL For Political Pursuits In 2017 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Colin Kaepernick can be a free agent in 2017 and his future with the San Francisco 49ers remains uncertain as they rebuild.

On Tuesday, Kaepernick also shot down speculation he might turn to political and social pursuits full time when he offered an emphatic "yes" when asked whether he "for sure wanted to play in the NFL next season." 

Kaepernick has had some good moments this season and has seemed to have a good relationship with Chip Kelly. Kaepernick previously expressed gratitude for the support he received from Kelly for his protests. Those protests also have been better received in the Bay Area than they've been in other NFL markets, which could be appealing to Kaepernick.

Kaepernick is also healthy again and said he feels he has "gotten more and more back to myself" as the weeks have gone by.

"It has been a long time since I've felt this good," Kaepernick said. "I just felt fluid on the field. For me, that's something I want to be able to continue to build on and, especially moving forward, making sure that I'm doing everything to keep myself here and being able to improve that.

"I do know this is the best I've felt in a long time and, once again, I'm excited about that."

Via Nick Wagoner/ESPN

Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Re: Colin Kaepernick Won't Leave NFL For Political Pursuits In 2017 

Post#2 » by Boneman2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:43 pm

In what capacity is Kaep fit to run for political office? LMFAO

Dude can't even expand his recycled talking points.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#3 » by pjiggz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Boneman2 wrote:In what capacity is Kaep fit to run for political office? LMFAO

In the same capacity that Trump is fit to be President of The United States of America.
PapaBear53
Junior
And1: 619

Post#4 » by PapaBear53 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:56 pm

Amen, brother, amen...
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#5 » by Bball0000 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Kaep's an entitled idiot. Anyone is free to protest but at least be ACCURATE. Trying to paint all cops as killers because the media went crazy with that narrative post-Trayvon Martin, to perpetuate an "us vs them" narrative to help Hillary win votes, is just dumb. So you're going to disrespect your country because there's a few bad apple cops? Wow. The country isn't racist. We elected a black president TWICE, 'nuff said. This is a false narrative to try to get votes and perpetuate victimhood.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#6 » by Boneman2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:29 pm

pjiggz wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:In what capacity is Kaep fit to run for political office? LMFAO

In the same capacity that Trump is fit to be President of The United States of America.

Or Bush or Obama.

They all suck!
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion