Draymond Green Won't Change Approach As Techs Accumulate

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Draymond Green Won't Change Approach As Techs Accumulate 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Draymond Green has seven technical fouls so far this season but he said it is up to the NBA and the referees "to figure it out."

Three of Green's technical fouls have been for celebrating plays. Green received a technical foul against the Cavs for expressing his displeasure for a foul call without saying anything to the referee.

"I don't know what else I can watch," Green told reporters Tuesday. "I don't really talk to them [referees] much anymore. So no. I don't know what else to watch at this point. Just continue to be me. If I get the tech, so be it. Continue to be me."

NBA players automatically are suspended for one game once they reach 16 technicals in a season. After that, a player will be suspended for another game for every two additional technicals.

"Change my approach from what?" Green said. "I don't know what other approach to take than walking toward the bench. Like, there's no other approach to take than that. I'm going to continue to be the only person I know how to be. And that's me. There's a lot of guys who get home at night and they're exhausted from acting all day.

"I only know how to be Draymond. That's who I've been my entire life, that's who I'll continue to be. I won't be exhausted from acting when I get home. That ain't going to work for me. I won't change my approach for anything. There's no point."

Via ESPN

iuno06
Freshman
And1: 4

Re: Draymond Green Won't Change Approach As Techs Accumulate 

Post#2 » by iuno06 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:55 pm

The messed up life being controlled by the whites. KD also only defended the refs yesterday so he can get more calls to benefit himself. my ass refs aren't to blame in this league. Refs also controlled but the NBA. NBA is always going to own you players. especially people like MJ and Lebron. No matter how much power they have as a owner/experienced NBAer or current player now.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,208

Post#3 » by Patches Perry » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:27 pm

Translation:

I literally don't know how to not throw a tantrum. What other way is there to walk to the bench other than kicking and screaming in a fit of rage?

Draymond Green is a great basketball player with a competitive fire to be admired for sure, but he is an immature idiot child.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Green is basically Sheldon Richardson of the Jets. He's a mental midget, that plays his ass off and should be an all star, but acts like a child whenever he doesn't get his way and makes tons of mental errors.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Barcs
Veteran

Post#5 » by Barcs » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:53 pm

It's not up to the refs, to figure out. It's up to you. When your team starts losing important games again because you are suspended for going over the limit of Techs per season or doing something stupid like hitting a guy below the belt, you will be figuring things out for sure the next off season when nobody wants to sign you after you cost your team yet another championship.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#6 » by Bball0000 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:08 pm

Mentally lazy people who crave stereotypes are desperate to make him out to be Ron Artest, and he just isn't. He's a mature player, but emotional. And sometimes the refs need to be called out for horrible reffing, like we saw with the Warriors vs Cavs. He usually self corrects if his antics are hurting the TEAM. The Warriors have the best record in the NBA. Hmmm... I think they'll be fine.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#7 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:35 am

it's all fun and games until Draymond gets Draymond'd.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Post#8 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:44 am

So, if you're not an **** on the court, you're acting?
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#9 » by luss54321 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:17 am

What an arrogant child.

Look how successful I am. Look how great I am. Why would I change anything? I've already achieved perfection. I can't possibly improve as a human being.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#10 » by Kuya » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:27 am

Reading comprehension from almost everyone that posted is turrible.
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#11 » by britblazerdude » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:53 am

Your antics have already cost you an entire CHAMPIONSHIP. Lol, he's clueless. Keep it up, attitude is the only thing holding GSW back.
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#12 » by hoophabit » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:56 pm

iuno06 wrote:The messed up life being controlled by the whites. KD also only defended the refs yesterday so he can get more calls to benefit himself. my ass refs aren't to blame in this league. Refs also controlled but the NBA. NBA is always going to own you players. especially people like MJ and Lebron. No matter how much power they have as a owner/experienced NBAer or current player now.

:jawdrop:
Barcs
Veteran

Post#13 » by Barcs » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:50 pm

I won't deny that the refs are horrible in the NBA, they pretty much gift wrapped the Hawks beating the Knicks last night when the Knicks are clearly the better team. Green does it to himself, however, refs are focusing more on him because of his dirty plays last year.

Return to Wiretap Discussion