Stephen Curry Suggests Warriors Play To Strengths On Offense

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Stephen Curry Suggests Warriors Play To Strengths On Offense 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Stephen Curry suggested a different approach on offense for the Warriors three days after he took only 11 shots against the Cavaliers.

"I definitely want to be in more pick-and-roll situations," he said at Golden State's practice facility when asked whether the ball is in his hand enough this season. "Whether I'm getting shots or whether we're manufacturing ball movement, that's a strength of ours, regardless of how teams play us."

On what happened in the game Sunday, Curry said, "There were certain sets we were really good at, whether it's drags, pick-and-rolls, whether it's utilizing our post splits and things like that where we can get more space. Didn't really go to those sets as much."

With the introduction of Kevin Durant, Curry has seen a reduction in offensive involvement, scoring six fewer points a game than last season and getting more than three fewer shots per game.

"I think Steph has probably had the biggest adjustment of all of our players from [Durant]'s arrival," Steve Kerr said after Tuesday's practice. "I think if you look at it from a practical standpoint, he's doing great. His numbers are still fantastic. Forty percent from 3, 24 points per game. But he also happens to be coming off the greatest shooting season in the history of mankind last year. He has set the bar so high for himself that it's going to be a point of discussion."

Via Ethan Sherwood Strauss/ESPN

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Stephen Curry Suggests Warriors Play To Strengths On Offense 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Not necessarily all rosy.

All cuz of a suspension to Green and Curry fouling out?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#3 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:52 am

I agree with Curry, but Kerr is a bit of an ass.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#4 » by MitchB3 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:25 am

Maybe you should have thought of that when you and the rest of the Warriors went after KD. You can't play more pick and roll offense when you don't have any big man, Zaza, West, and McGee aren't Bogut and Fetus, and Mo Buckets.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#5 » by hyberx » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:57 am

MitchB3 wrote:Maybe you should have thought of that when you and the rest of the Warriors went after KD. You can't play more pick and roll offense when you don't have any big man, Zaza, West, and McGee aren't Bogut and Fetus, and Mo Buckets.

You mean the Bogut(until few days ago)/Fetus who were/are sitting at home due to injuries, and the Mo Buckets who can't really play D so wasn't signed by the Ws when they had the choice? :roll: Yeah, totally should have them instead of KD.

Oh news flash, Curry just went for 28 last night in a win over the Raptors, with a team high 28 points, 50% FG and 27 +/-. I bet he owes you a thank you for your genuine concern.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#6 » by Bball0000 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:38 pm

hyberx wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:Maybe you should have thought of that when you and the rest of the Warriors went after KD. You can't play more pick and roll offense when you don't have any big man, Zaza, West, and McGee aren't Bogut and Fetus, and Mo Buckets.

You mean the Bogut(until few days ago)/Fetus who were/are sitting at home due to injuries, and the Mo Buckets who can't really play D so wasn't signed by the Ws when they had the choice? :roll: Yeah, totally should have them instead of KD.

Oh news flash, Curry just went for 28 last night in a win over the Raptors, with a team high 28 points, 50% FG and 27 +/-. I bet he owes you a thank you for your genuine concern.

I'd take Bogut back in a heartbeat. He had great chemistry with the team on O and D. I woulda got rid of Iggy instead Bogut only because of the position they play. Injury is always the concern with Bogut but he did play alot with his time with the Dubs.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:09 am

Bball0000 wrote:
hyberx wrote:

I'd take Bogut back in a heartbeat. He had great chemistry with the team on O and D. I woulda got rid of Iggy instead Bogut only because of the position they play. Injury is always the concern with Bogut but he did play alot with his time with the Dubs.

Wait, you mean for free or you'd take Bogut instead of KD?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#8 » by Bball0000 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 9:38 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:
hyberx wrote:

I mean, you have to go after KD. But they also better win a ring to break up a 72 win team. But kinda dumb to keep another SF than the rim protecting center. Woulda rather have a lineup of Curry Klay KD Dray Bogut than Curry Klay KD Dray Zaza + a 6th man. And I love Iggy as a player, its just position-wise.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#9 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jan 5, 2017 2:23 am

Bball0000 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:

I mean, you have to go after KD. But they also better win a ring to break up a 72 win team. But kinda dumb to keep another SF than the rim protecting center. Woulda rather have a lineup of Curry Klay KD Dray Bogut than Curry Klay KD Dray Zaza + a 6th man. And I love Iggy as a player, its just position-wise.

Well, the death lineup......Finals mvp......
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion