ImageImage

Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Re: RE: Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#41 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Jan 2, 2017 3:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:4,400 yards, 40 TDs and only 7 INTs. For a QB on a 4-6 team to say "we're going to win the rest" and go 6-0 while having the best statistical stretch of his entire career and lead the league in touchdowns (let's not forget his rushing TDs too), should completely seal it. If Brady gets it, it's a joke. He missed 4 games and his team went 3-1 without him. Maybe you can make a case for Carr? But his numbers are nowhere near Rodgers'. Ryan is the only other player who has a legitimate argument, and even then it's flimsy (are we really gonna put that much value in one extra win?).

Yep this is how I see it.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#42 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 2, 2017 4:07 pm

Did dorleant get hurt yesterday? I assume so since they went with Williams at s and moved brice to cb late in the game but i dont remember seeing him get hurt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#43 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 2, 2017 4:38 pm

We finished the season with a SOS over .500, and are the only NFC playoff team with one above .500
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#44 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:38 pm

Mags FTW wrote:We finished the season with a SOS over .500, and are the only NFC playoff team with one above .500

Its got to be rare that weve played all 5 of the other playoff teams this year.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#45 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:01 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Really worried about the secondary. I already was, but the injuries only heighten it. Rodgers is going to need to be unreal.

A crappy, young, injured secondary plus a non-existent pass-rush is absolute murder. Hopefully Capers has some tricks up his sleeve (like he has in previous postseason games).
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#46 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:02 pm

Mags FTW wrote:We finished the season with a SOS over .500, and are the only NFC playoff team with one above .500

I've been told repeatedly that we allways get blown out by PO caliber teams. I've been told that ALOT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#47 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:06 pm

Excited about the emergence of Geronimo. Would love to see some Jordy/Adams/Cobb/Allison/Cook 5 wide.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#48 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:12 pm

RRyder823 wrote:

I've been told repeatedly that we allways get blown out by PO caliber teams. I've been told that ALOT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app

Just ignore Rilaman's posts :D
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#49 » by M-C-G » Mon Jan 2, 2017 8:33 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:After 16 games I don't know what we could have held back, that would be brand new that the Giants haven't seen on tape. I guess MM or Capers could try something new but sticking with what worked to win 6 straight is good with me.

Clay either needs to come up huge on the edge or play him at MLB which really strengthens our defense and gives us a good shot to take away the middle of the field routes. While NYG has had some success at Lambeau, thank god it's a home game. Hopefully nice and cold so OBJ and Eli have to play in a snowsuit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#50 » by raysbookclub » Mon Jan 2, 2017 9:42 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Did dorleant get hurt yesterday? I assume so since they went with Williams at s and moved brice to cb late in the game but i dont remember seeing him get hurt.

yeah, apparently he got carted off after a knee injury. he tweeted this later though.

Read on Twitter
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Post#51 » by Profound23 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 10:47 pm

Of course a Superbowl would be sweet no matter what.

But beating the Giants at home, the Cowboys at Dallas, then Seahawks at Seattle on our way there would be like ultimate revenge.

Beating the Pat's in the Superbowl would be the cherry on top.

Tall order though.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,053

Post#52 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Jan 2, 2017 11:11 pm

Profound23 wrote:Of course a Superbowl would be sweet no matter what.

But beating the Giants at home, the Cowboys at Dallas, then Seahawks at Seattle on our way there would be like ultimate revenge.

Tall order though.

Christ, that would make up for all past and future packer related pain. I don't think I'd ever get upset again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using RealGM mobile app
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#53 » by chuckleslove » Mon Jan 2, 2017 11:21 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Of course a Superbowl would be sweet no matter what.

Tall order though.

Christ, that would make up for all past and future packer related pain. I don't think I'd ever get upset again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using RealGM mobile app

Until the next time something outrageous happened anyways :P
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#54 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 3, 2017 12:15 am

McCarthy actually showed a couple new looks last night. I think he does save things key games. Hoping that means we actually see a wheel route to Monty on Sunday.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#55 » by Jollay » Tue Jan 3, 2017 3:27 am

Oh he absolutely does. ^

Part of my issue with the "we just get in anywhere and run the table like 2010" mentality.

Hey, it's hard to win three games in a row to make it to the SB. Say we have a 60% chance to win each game, overly generous considering two of them will likely be at Dallas/Atlanta/Seattle. Well, then the odds of us winning all three are just 27 in 125, or slightly over 20%.

The bye is worth going all out for.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#56 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue Jan 3, 2017 5:00 am

Mags FTW wrote:McCarthy actually showed a couple new looks last night. I think he does save things key games. Hoping that means we actually see a wheel route to Monty on Sunday.

Capers certainly saves up some stuff for playoff games- look at SEA in 14 and ARZ in 15- both teams that whipped us in the regular season, then our D totally confuses and bamboozles them in the playoffs.

Hell, I think they trotted out some new stuff as early as the game in PHI (which was def a must-win game so it makes sense to break out the surprise stuff).
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,936

Post#57 » by BUCKnation » Tue Jan 3, 2017 5:42 am

Gunter was quietly very good last game
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,217

Post#58 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 3, 2017 2:08 pm

Niners interviewing Wolf and Gutekunst. No surprise. I think the CBS report that Thompson might step aside to just scout and let Wolf take over is accurate.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#59 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 3, 2017 2:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Niners interviewing Wolf and Gutekunst. No surprise. I think the CBS report that Thompson might step aside to just scout and let Wolf take over is accurate.

Read on Twitter

49er CEO Jed York got absolutely eviscerated at his press conference yesterday and added to his reputation as a douche:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jed-york-press-conference-san-francisco-49ers-coach-targets-chip-kelly-trent-baalke-010217%3Famp%3Dtrue

You have to be a sadomasochist to take that job.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#60 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:50 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I like getting the late game.

Just glad they're playing on Sunday. You can sit and enjoy the Saturday games.

Another benefit of this is that it probably increases our chances of keeping Cook. He's now on his most successful team ever and headed to the playoffs for the first time. Gotta be enjoying it right now.

As I alluded to, here's an article on how happy Cook is to finally be in the playoffs:
www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-daily-news-story/article-1/In-eighth-NFL-season-Jared-Cook-finally-playoff-bound/1e443762-efbc-4b57-b87f-0f77c306b97c

Return to Green Bay Packers