ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL firings - Baalke and Kelly talk ONLY.

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Re: OFFICIAL - Baalke and Kelly have been fired. 

Post#241 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 3, 2017 2:59 am

Was that Nolan who signed him?

Nolan also signed Justin Smith didn't he?

And Nate Clements?
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#242 » by Bald Bull » Tue Jan 3, 2017 3:06 am

wco81 wrote:Was that Nolan who signed him?

Nolan also signed Justin Smith didn't he?

And Nate Clements?

Jennings was signed in 2005 under Nolan, I don't know if it was specifically Nolan's guy or Scott McCloughan though. Baalke was still just a scout at the time.

smith and nate were also signed under nolan.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#243 » by 49er4life1979 » Tue Jan 3, 2017 3:25 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:Barrows:
#49ers flying to Green Bay Thursday to interview Eliot Wolf and, according to @RapSheet, Packers dir of player personnel Brian Gutekunst.

Lots of talent in that organizations. Also you can bet they will interview the two personnel directors from Seattle Scott Fitterer and Trent Kirchner.
wartyOne
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#244 » by wartyOne » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:16 am

Bald Bull wrote:
wartyOne wrote:
49er4life1979 wrote:Right plenty of cap room. Lets see how the next coach/gm choose to spend it.

You have to have a partner to go dancing. I don't think we're going to be an attractive place for FA's to consider for at least three seasons. I think you're going to see moves like what Baalke was doing with McDonald and Armstrong toward the end. They've gotta start somewhere.

Remember when Kwame Harris was a complete bust and we overpaid for that LT out of Buffalo (can't even remember his name anymore, thankfully), and he basically just cashed checks on the sideline? I think we're in for several FA classes like that if we do get the right GM and HC in here (I've already stated I think that's unlikely, so I won't beat a dead horse).

So damn much dysfunction with this franchise right now. If 25 years ago you had told me I could trade two Lombardi's back to the NFL for not having to go through this nightmare, I would have accepted it.

jonas jennings

Here's a pic just to haunt your memories.

Dammit. :(
wartyOne
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#245 » by wartyOne » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:20 am

Dodub wrote:
wartyOne wrote:
49er4life1979 wrote:Right plenty of cap room. Lets see how the next coach/gm choose to spend it.

You have to have a partner to go dancing. I don't think we're going to be an attractive place for FA's to consider for at least three seasons. I think you're going to see moves like what Baalke was doing with McDonald and Armstrong toward the end. They've gotta start somewhere.

Remember when Kwame Harris was a complete bust and we overpaid for that LT out of Buffalo (can't even remember his name anymore, thankfully), and he basically just cashed checks on the sideline? I think we're in for several FA classes like that if we do get the right GM and HC in here (I've already stated I think that's unlikely, so I won't beat a dead horse).

So damn much dysfunction with this franchise right now. If 25 years ago you had told me I could trade two Lombardi's back to the NFL for not having to go through this nightmare, I would have accepted it.

With the right coaching staff and dollar signs there's no doubt that we could attract free agents

That monstrous "IF" is riding on the fact that Jed York will be hiring the coaching staff. I'll believe it when I see it, but I'd be dead for a decade if I were holding my breath waiting for it.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#246 » by yellowknifer » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:37 am

wartyOne wrote:
yellowknifer wrote:
wco81 wrote:Let's face it, Paraag has no football background.

But for whatever reason, John York kind of adopted him as a son, so impressed was he by PowerPoint slides.

So he's going to be in the decision chain, as long as the Yorks own the team.

Jed said today you can't fire the owner. Nor the owner's adopted son/brother.

Family ownership is NOT about meritocracy is it?

Owners get fired all the time. Jed is a moron. It's called not going to games. And putting the team out to pasture. Now he's fortunate in that he has 31 other not so completely stupid owners to fall back on to feed him money while he drains the league of resources so actual bankruptcy would be difficult to see, but still not even kind of out of the question.

The NFL's tv contract alone makes it impossible for the worst team's owners to go bankrupt. If no tickets or concessions are sold at all, the Yorks would still be $200M in the black every year.

Yeah, the NFL is kind of messed up like that. However I do think the NFL would put immense pressure on the Yorks to sell if this were to happen.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#247 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 3, 2017 2:57 pm

Chip Kelly: Trent Baalke undermined me, I’ll be an assistant coach

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/chip-kelly-trent-baalke-undermined-me-ill-be-an-assistant-coach/

Join Belichick if McDaniels decides he wants/receives a job.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#248 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:23 pm

Adam Schefter:

Insider alert: ESPN analyst Louis Riddick will interview next week in NY for 49ers' GM job, per sources.

Riddick resides in that area.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#249 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:24 pm

ESPN ANALYST RIDDICK TO INTERVIEW FOR 49ERS GM, REPORTS ESPN

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/espn-analyst-riddick-interview-49ers-gm-reports-espn
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#250 » by Bald Bull » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:49 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Chip Kelly: Trent Baalke undermined me, I’ll be an assistant coach

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/chip-kelly-trent-baalke-undermined-me-ill-be-an-assistant-coach/

This fits in with what you said about Trent allowing himself to get tangled up in politics. I'm so tired of reading these stories about the backbiting and leaks from our dysfunctional front office. I'm glad Baalke is gone, but I'm worried that the damage to our public perception will scare away quality hires for at least the next few years.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#251 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 3, 2017 5:11 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Chip Kelly: Trent Baalke undermined me, I’ll be an assistant coach

Chip Kelly on return to college football: ‘I wouldn’t rule anything out’

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/chip-kellys-open-return-college-ranks-010317
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#252 » by Dodub » Tue Jan 3, 2017 6:06 pm

There's continued speculation on a Riddick/McDaniels relationship.

I'm concerned about the sheer number of openings though. My favorite is Shanahan but there's no doubt in my mind that he'll pick Denver or Jacksonville.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#253 » by Jikkle » Tue Jan 3, 2017 6:29 pm

Dodub wrote:There's continued speculation on a Riddick/McDaniels relationship.

I'm concerned about the sheer number of openings though. My favorite is Shanahan but there's no doubt in my mind that he'll pick Denver or Jacksonville.

I'd say he would go to Denver but it's really hard to tell where these jobs rank because you don't know what the candidates want or what they are looking for.

The 9ers job is the only one with a GM and HC opening

The 9ers and Bills job is the only one with a completely open QB spots

The Chargers is the only one with an established proven QB

The Broncos, Jags, and Rams job you would need to work with Lynch, Bortles, and Goff

And the only job where the GM isn't going to be on the hot seat going into the year is the Broncos, maybe the Chargers and by default the 9ers.

So for example if you're a candidate and you love Goff the Rams job has a lot of appeal but if you're not into Goff the Rams job probably has the worst appeal because you're going to be stuck with Goff for at least another 2 to 3 seasons and if busts it's likely your job as well.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#254 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Jan 3, 2017 6:38 pm

yellowknifer wrote:
wartyOne wrote:
yellowknifer wrote:
Owners get fired all the time. Jed is a moron. It's called not going to games. And putting the team out to pasture. Now he's fortunate in that he has 31 other not so completely stupid owners to fall back on to feed him money while he drains the league of resources so actual bankruptcy would be difficult to see, but still not even kind of out of the question.

The NFL's tv contract alone makes it impossible for the worst team's owners to go bankrupt. If no tickets or concessions are sold at all, the Yorks would still be $200M in the black every year.

Yeah, the NFL is kind of messed up like that. However I do think the NFL would put immense pressure on the Yorks to sell if this were to happen.

The NFL will not do that. They even tolerated Al Davis as he turned the Raiders into the laughingstock of the NFL
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#255 » by Dodub » Tue Jan 3, 2017 6:43 pm

Jikkle wrote:
Dodub wrote:There's continued speculation on a Riddick/McDaniels relationship.

I'd say he would go to Denver but it's really hard to tell where these jobs rank because you don't know what the candidates want or what they are looking for.

The 9ers job is the only one with a GM and HC opening

The 9ers and Bills job is the only one with a completely open QB spots

The Chargers is the only one with an established proven QB

The Broncos, Jags, and Rams job you would need to work with Lynch, Bortles, and Goff

And the only job where the GM isn't going to be on the hot seat going into the year is the Broncos, maybe the Chargers and by default the 9ers.

So for example if you're a candidate and you love Goff the Rams job has a lot of appeal but if you're not into Goff the Rams job probably has the worst appeal because you're going to be stuck with Goff for at least another 2 to 3 seasons and if busts it's likely your job as well.

Denver makes the most sense due to their roster even if they are young at QB. Lynch, Goff and Bortles shouldn't scare off a guy like Shanahan who is known for getting the best out of his QB's.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Re: OFFICIAL firings - Baalke and Kelly talk ONLY. 

Post#256 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 3, 2017 7:48 pm

Ohio State hires Ryan Day as QBs coach after dismal playoff showing

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ryan-day-ohio-state-quarterbacks-coach-urban-meyer-chip-kelly-fiesta-bowl-clemson/16ia2pend7zdf1756mvszkh58p

Day was Kelly's QB coach with the 49ers and Eagles.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#257 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Jan 3, 2017 8:21 pm

I suspected Dak was always a Kelly type player:

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#258 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 3, 2017 9:02 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:

Chip Kelly on return to college football: ‘I wouldn’t rule anything out’

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/chip-kellys-open-return-college-ranks-010317

Jay Glazer:

Wanna clarify, Chip never told me Trent undercut him. I did, however, hear it from several others. Chip told me he wants to coach in NFL & would even take an OC job
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#259 » by thesack12 » Tue Jan 3, 2017 9:15 pm

I would think Chip probably has a lot of work to do rebuilding his stock and augmenting his scheme before any NFL team would even consider bringing him in to interview for OC.

I definitely do believe that Baalke undermined and under valued Chip's thoughts, views, and opinions. Baalke ran things like he was a Czar.
generaldreedle
Senior
And1: 46

Post#260 » by generaldreedle » Wed Jan 4, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm going to echo what I've read from others, this could be a very attractive job for GM despite Jed York. Storied franchise, great fans, and NOTHING to impede just gutting everything and starting from scratch; they have the #2 pick, tons of cap room, no one is going to be pressing a QB on them they don't want, and likely they get to select the coach.

Return to San Francisco 49ers