Read on Twitter

Jesus.

Is this just some guy speculating?
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#62 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:00 pm

Feel like if Ty can come back from that gruesome twisted knee injury, Jordy may be able to come back from that rib injury (or what I'm telling myself).
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#63 » by jazzfanWA » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:08 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Feel like if Ty can come back from that gruesome twisted knee injury, Jordy may be able to come back from that rib injury (or what I'm telling myself).

When Jordy was being carted off, it looked to me like there was more than physical pain in his expression but that he knew he was not going to play anytime soon. Hopefully, I am wrong.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#64 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:08 pm

Agreed.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#65 » by DigitalFool » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:11 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jesus.

I read that as those are the fears of a hit to that side of the body.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#66 » by chuckleslove » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:12 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jesus.

Yes, those are just the potential injuries they will do x-rays/MRI and look for. No official diagnosis yet. It could be as little as a cracked rib which he would put on a flak jacket and potentially play through, something more serious and he is likely done.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,922

Post#67 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:15 pm

I had cracked ribs last fall. Obviously there are degrees, but I have no idea how an athlete plays with that. If I sneezed I was in ridiculous pain.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#68 » by crkone » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:16 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I had cracked ribs last fall. Obviously there are degrees, but I have no idea how an athlete plays with that. If I sneezed I was in ridiculous pain.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,307

Post#69 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:17 pm

jazzfanWA wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Feel like if Ty can come back from that gruesome twisted knee injury, Jordy may be able to come back from that rib injury (or what I'm telling myself).

When Jordy was being carted off, it looked to me like there was more than physical pain in his expression but that he knew he was not going to play anytime soon. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Yes, I think part of it was mental.

The way Jordy has been celebrating some of his catches lately, part of it was proabably exuberance over the realization that he has fully recovered from the ACL and playing like his old self. Now he has a new injury and it's probably devastating.

I'm holding out hope because when he was sitting on the cart, he was hunched over which you would think would create more pain to your ribs.

Also hoping that if they are just cracked he can wear a flak jacket like Favre, but that might be unrealistic.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,852

Post#70 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:24 pm

I would settle for him being able to play in a potential Super Bowl.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#71 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:43 pm

Jordy being able to play at all would be huge just because at the very least he could give us benefit of being a decoy since Dallas would have to focus on him at all times.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#72 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jan 9, 2017 4:24 pm

Honestly, I think we can still kick butt without Jordy.

Obviously I'd rather have him, but if Tys healthy, Cook continues to trend up and Allison has a good showing, we're still basically just as dangerous.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Post#73 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 9, 2017 4:25 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I had cracked ribs last fall. Obviously there are degrees, but I have no idea how an athlete plays with that. If I sneezed I was in ridiculous pain.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,182

Post#74 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 9, 2017 4:28 pm

Definitely hurts to not have Jordy against Dallas but our offense scored 38 on New York yesterday without him so I think we will be OK offensively.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#75 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 9, 2017 4:36 pm

crkone wrote:

A few weeks ago after Ryan went to the locker room and came back in the Houston game, Chmura and Tauscher were on 540 talking about some crazy shot that makes you feel like a million bucks. Forgot the name of it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,922

Post#76 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 9, 2017 4:43 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
crkone wrote:

A few weeks ago after Ryan went to the locker room and came back in the Houston game, Chmura and Tauscher were on 540 talking about some crazy shot that makes you feel like a million bucks. Forgot the name of it.

Guessing Toradol?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Post#77 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 9, 2017 4:51 pm

Would never advocate that Jordy play with an injury that could threaten his long term health, but I'm hoping for "just" some cracked ribs. At least with that, you can give him a shot and throw a flak jacket on him so long as you limit his snaps. But that's a long shot, and it's looking like we'll be without him for the rest of the playoffs.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#78 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 9, 2017 5:27 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
crkone wrote:

Guessing Toradol?

Yeah, I think that was it.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,237

Post#79 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 6:25 pm

Going to sound odd, but don't even know if Nelson is a huge loss based on how Rodgers is playing, Allison's improvement, Cobb and Cook in the fold, etc. It all comes down to what is Dallas' TOP? Because I don't see any way they are stopping Rodgers, who is in full Godgers mode right now. Can we stop their running game at all? On that I don't have much confidenec. Just need to hope they hold some of the drives to FG.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#80 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Jan 9, 2017 6:39 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Going to sound odd, but don't even know if Nelson is a huge loss based on how Rodgers is playing, Allison's improvement, Cobb and Cook in the fold, etc. It all comes down to what is Dallas' TOP? Because I don't see any way they are stopping Rodgers, who is in full Godgers mode right now. Can we stop their running game at all? On that I don't have much confidenec. Just need to hope they hold some of the drives to FG.

Yeah. I mean, obviously having Jordy back would be nice, but the offense was clicking on all cylinders after he went out of the game yesterday. With Adams being reliable now, a healthier Cobb, and Allison being a nice addition, I still think Rodgers and the offense can put up some points on the Dallas defense. Plus, with Michael looking as explosive as he did yesterday, I'd be fine with giving him the bulk of the carries in Jordy's absence and having Montgomery go back to being a slot WR for the majority of the game.

The Dallas defense isn't any good. The Giants defense is a much scarier unit and the Packers had their way with them for three quarters yesterday. They can't get into the same predicament though that they did yesterday by basically throwing away a quarter on offense. They need to be sharp right away -- like some of you have said, if the Packers can jump out to a 10-0, or 14-0 lead and force Dak to throw, that could be huge into hopefully forcing him into a couple of mistakes.

Return to Green Bay Packers